What made you think that the brother Strause became directors

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

How did Paul Anderson not get the part for AVP? Is it because that movie didn't make money, or did they just decided they needed another director? So, what do you think

"There is no "I" in team,there is an "I" in "KILL"

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, Paul Anderson, in many ways, butchered both franchises simultaneously with that film. AvP is riddled with continuity errors and mistakes that Anderson could have easily prevented, and the film totally bombed.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Was this info. from another site, or was this from a two-disc DVD?

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

A combination of the two. While AvP did make a lot of money, its ratings were extremely poor throughout the duration of its box-office showing. The continuity errors can be seen by ANY viewer.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

You mean when the predator threw the alien and the alien tried to get up?

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

no like grid's tail growing like twice as long as his body and then going back to normal in some scenes.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

hajou3, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

or that the preds died so easily anderson was an alien fan and probably knew nothing about preds or he was just siding with the aliens making them super aliens (in the speciel addition dvd for his interview he was constantly talking about aliens, and almost never about preds if I remember correctly)

Hajou3.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

All around the cobblers bench the monkey chased the weasel, the monkey thought it was all a game, pop goes the weasel.
The Forum Rules

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

paul was making avp of unblooded predators hunt for frist alien kill be coming men and be happy avp2 is coming out i think after avp2 avp3 wil coming soon like alien saga

in space no one can Hear you scream

well we dont know if there will be an avp3 but if avp2 is good i hope there will be. And we still got like a year until avp2 comes out.

BWsig.jpg

not much chance of it being good using the script they have.

firepred.bmp.jpg

You mean like in one of the forums, somebody found news about the script for AVP2 and they just started on it?

the script involves the aliens and predators fighting "in a mid western state of america"load of balls if you ask me.the start sounds good,with the predalien taking on a ship full of preds.maybe worth watching for that alone eh?

firepred.bmp.jpg

Jed-Chrizt, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Paul Anderson is a queer. (In response to all those who wants his head)
He killed both franchises , and IS an ALIEN fan, he made the predators so weak, it look like if all they needed was their equipment to back them up.
Some errors?
Ok

ALOT deals with the first predator death, and the first fight (which is 1/2 fights throughout the entire movie). When Gill Predator is killed by Grid alien, theres several errors here.
1- An alien tail isn't even half as long as that.
2- An alien tail CANNOT support a 350 pound humanoid + armour (approx 100 pounds and equipment weighing in around 20 pounds extra) therefore about 420 pound yautja, on the near-end of the tail.
3- Alien's headbite CANNOT pierce a predator's mask, no way. (But there is a debate that the predators were using weaker armour because they have to prove themselves 'worthy')

Celtic versus Grid.
(Best fight in the movie with the worse ending ever)
1- Grid alien grew back it's tail through several scenes (bad editting)
2- Grid alien got his kicked, his head was an area that got alot of damage, the alien should of at least acted damage, or show signs of brain damage. Plus the net on it's head.
3- Celtic's wristblades were melted by alien acid, this is a huge error.

Queen getting out of slave chamber.
1- I think Predator's are smarter than that, to build a slave chamber where acid can easily melt it away.

Basically, they OVERPOWERED Aliens in AVP, and severly underpowered Predators.

PS: I was an alien fan before I loved predator more, but I always knew that aliens were weaker, they ALWAYS moved with a greater number however. That's what made it balance out, predators were always outnumbered.

-Jed-

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Alien's headbite CANNOT pierce a predator's mask, no way. (But there is a debate that the predators were using weaker armour because they have to prove themselves 'worthy')"

I think some time ago Stalker settled this one.
he said like in Predator2 the gun blasts that danny glover was dealing bounced off the pred's mask. and in Alien: Resurrection the aliens in that freezing chamber couldnt break the glass. and metal is stronger than glass and if they couldnt break the glass and the mask is metal bulletproof then the aliens jaw couldnt possibly puncture it.

so you are right just telling you some stuff about it.

BWsig.jpg

Yep, plus notice:: Danny Glove grunted when he was lifting the predator's mask off. It was a sign of the heavy weight offset. Paul 'Worthless ' Anderson should be shot, castrated, burn in a fire, skinned, and finally get a horn rammed up his in hell. I hope he dies, I actually pray everynight , And I'm serious. 'Dear Lord, please....Let this man rest in ....p--pe...let him rest eternally'
I hope he dies, and I'm serious. If I get the chance to meet him, I will kill him myself, if I ever meet him...ever, I have that much hatred for him killing two of the greatest franchises. After several years of WAITING, AND WAITING!!!!! Killed by a disgusting.....
He also killed RE movies.
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

-Jed-
^_^

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I wouldn't go that far with it Jed. Anderson might be a rubbish director but that doesn't mean that he deserves to die for it. That could actually be taken as quite threatening by alot of ppl. Honestly, I don't even hate anderson. Yes, he was completely bias in AVP, & yes, his directing skills are terrible, but as a person he seems to be quite a nice guy from what I've seen in the special features of AVP. Although it wouldn't be wise to let him near the script of a big movie franchise, as he would more than likely royally screw it up

TheStalker.jpg

StLkEr222, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

there are several things you are forgetting like in pred2 the spearhead that they give to that analize(I know that is spelled wrong) says that it is made of material that is not on the periodic table Duh! its something that preds have that we dont and they said that its cuts like steel but was as light has paper so it doesnt weigh 100 pounds because the weapons and armor would be made of it too, second do you know how powerful the glass they use for the predator motorcade is? it was really good 10years ago I dont know how much better it is now, and the moive is like hundreds of years in the future so the glass could be plexi glass or lexcon or something and it was acid proff so.. any way just wanted to make a few things clear.

"Give me a hand with this Haverson, this thing weighs more than your last date." Sgt. Johnson,
HALO: FIRST STRIKE

Actually, I think that Jed has a right to do this because everyone has an opinion. For some people, they like him (I don't know about that), they don't like because of the screw-ups in avp, or they they don't whether to like or not.

No Stalker, I have to take it this far. I was so freaking excited for the AVP movie. I stayed up at nights just wondering 'Ooooo this is gonna' be it! this is gonna' be it!' Then someone screws up something worth years?
NICE GUY?? Ummm when Lathan was on the commentary with him, she talked of 'Y'know Paul, I hit my head pretty hard in this scene' (Alien was after Lex in this scene). Anderson replied 'So what? ya gonna' sue me?' Or something so. It wasn't in a joke way or anything, this guy is a plain out ass.
His head should be placed on a table filled with vegetables..yummy >:D. I mean, I never met the man, but what he did was a CRIME in my book.
Now uhh to the guy who said the thing with light like metal thing. That was the spear, not the mask ...>_>..

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I remember him joking about hearing from Sanaa's lawyer due to her having a bump on her head from being underneath the separator tank, but it wasn't in a serious way, defenintly seemed like a joke to me.

I admit, at times he seems like a weasel, & he had the audacity to just say how many things he thought were wrong with the predators, & then claim that his self proclaimed "new & improved" predators were superior to the old ones, I'd maybe wanna give him a smack in the head for that, lol, but not much else

TheStalker.jpg