speed

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i was thinking if pred's r so strong than how fast r they?

DiscsSig.gif

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

In pred1 it ran really fast, cos remember after it killed billy it appeared by arnold and shot him in the shoulder with plasma in like 5 seconds. He also had the least weapons and armor of all the Predators. since their weapons and armor are really big and heavy, it makes them run slower, even if they are extremely strong.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

jumping could also add to it too. cause in some points in Predator. you can see the pred jumping far distances.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

In the original Yautja films, they ran incredibly fast. They also possessed lightning reflexes, as well as a small amount of armour. In AVP, their armour was signifigantly added to, causing them to be fine with the extreme cold of Antarctica, but also making them considerably slower. Think about it. Pred 1/2 preds had maybe 20 pounds of it. In AVP, their full suits were at least 100 pounds (not the actor's suit, I mean the armor).

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

well thats true.how fast do u think it can run?i was thinking 35 mph lol

DiscsSig.gif

predator from predator1 was very fast use trees to ambush prey

in space no one can Hear you scream

Most websites say they run about as fast a cheator. I can't remember the speed of a cheator is though.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

No offence but this is just commen knowledge. Ask yourself this... How fast are humans ?

See were I am coming from ? It all depends down to that one person/pred to be either strong or fast. you cannot have both as it is just imposable and stupid. You have to have an equel balance of strength and speed. Plus with all there eqiupment which also weighs them down.

Has this answered your qestion ?

Katam2.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

When Dillon and Mack are attacked by the Pred, it ran amazingly fast.

deathdrop1.jpg

StLkEr222, Undefined, 17 years ago

well the preds are much taller so longer legs, much more muscule so much stronger and If a really inshape human can run 12mph then a pred would be between 20-25mph.

"Give me a hand with this Haverson, this thing weighs more than your last date." Sgt. Johnson,
HALO: FIRST STRIKE

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

That sounds about right...considering the dense foliage in Predator 1, as well as their known capabilities and exploits, I'd say 20-25 mph when in a full-blown run is reasonable. Their cloaking capabilities also create the image that they are faster than they really are, but taking into account how fast it was able to strike and escape, such as in the minigun scene, I would say that speed is in the right ballpark.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Also remember that part when Mac grabbed Blaine's Minugun and started shooting the trees to pieces. then all the others joined in. The pred was like right there and he only escaped with 1 shot in the leg. so he must have been fast to do that.

oh sorry crow i didnt see the part about the minigun scene in your post.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."