facehuggers

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

ok,seen all the films,bought the toys,played the games,but,is a facehugger classed as an arachnid?it has eight legs after all.

firepred.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 17 years ago

well its more complex a creature than a spider
even if its only purpose is to die to searve the hive its skin's still tougher and its brain still works better cause it knows it has more of a purpose than just to survive

i need a sig

hunters moon

Preda-Hog, Undefined, 17 years ago

Personally I think it would be classified as a scorpion.Don't know the scientific name of it.

I AM PRO PREDATOR!

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Heh yea sorry about that abrupt-ness, but I have found that my longer posts are frequently ignored or disregarded by those who can't speak english as well as the rest of us...

Actually, I would consider facehuggers a sort of invasive parasite, if anything. I say "invasive" because they do not need another organism to survive, but in order to fully carry out their biological functions they do need a host.

855989_3.jpg

i always read your posts crow....informative and educational.your pretty clued up avp wise.

firepred.bmp.jpg

well thanks crow.might as well delete this then.pretty abrupt m8 lol.

firepred.bmp.jpg

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

I wouldnt count a facehugger as an arachnid.
From looking at some of the earlier concepts and designs for the facehugger it looked nothing like an arachnid so I dont believe it was meant to resemble a spider or any other form of arachnid.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Facehuggers are not arachnids. Arachnids are classified as arthropods with eight legs. Facehuggers may possess eight legs, but they are certainly not arthropods. Therefore, they are not arachnids.

855989_3.jpg

great response hive,using people's fear of spiders and making a creature to resemble them.nice one i like it.

firepred.bmp.jpg

some spiders are very very clever ie: the trap door spider so the brain comment is a little redundant

firepred.bmp.jpg

and whats a spiders purpose......to scare ppl and hang around toilets!!!!! lol and your answer is........

firepred.bmp.jpg

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

dont know could be an extraterestrial arachnid(messing with ya).i think thats just how fox made it, to look like it can grab onto your face and lay a friggin egg in your figgen stomach! heheh...then it'll burst out of yor rib cage, funny. but i really think they made it look like that to make give it a scary look and since some people are afraid of spiders i think thats why they made it like that to give people that are afraid of spiders a little jolt when they see the tube comming out of it down your throat.people afraid of spiders couldnt bare to see a spider laying an egg in their stomach.

HiveTyrant.jpg The killer of the eders, work for The Hive!