Yautja?

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Me and Stalker were wondering over MSN, How exactly is it pronounced? Does anyone know?

I thought it was pronounced Yot-Juh

Stalker thought Ya-oo-ta

and I looked up on google it was something completley different, does anyone know? or heard the word on a clip of AvP or something?

Navyspazsig.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I say it Ya-joo-ta. I think it is really close to how Bloo said it- Ya-uh-t-uh.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Predator_Killor, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

yeh...

pred-killor-2.gifPray they dont take you alive....

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Hahah, only if people aren't smart enough to realize that that's the only true way to solve it. Unless that guy who knows it told some other guy.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Dammit, it's time to pay a visit to who ever made the Predators to find out how you say it. I'm gonna get crushed by several hundred "OMFG, NOOB" posts now, aren't I?

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i say it Yaht-juh

scarredyautja12sig.jpg

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yeah navy, like u said, I'm certain that it's pronounced "ya-oo-tah", the "J" just doesn't seem to have a place in the word when u actually pronounce it, although a Google search on the pronounciation of the word came up with "Yowt-jar" although it still sounds off to me

TheStalker.jpg

I pronounce it Yow-ch/sh-joo-a. I put ch/sh there because I somtimes vary. But living in Finland has had an effect on the way I see 'J', meaning I usually make is 'yu' noise. I think I say it like Stalker though. I don't know if there is an official way of saying it. Why dont we all go to out Controll panels and see what Microsoft Sam says!

Edit: He says it Yow-jer. I doubt thats how you say, but maybe it is.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

hyroglphsarenice, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

personnaly i thought it was pronounced yacht-jah but im usually wrong in these things...

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

OTANG, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i pronounce it ya-oo tah.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

TheHunter, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i pronounce it Ya-cht-oo

Navysig-2.jpgHunters moon

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this already made? Anyway, I think it would be... ... ... Ya-uh-t-uh. Silent j. I don't know, get whoever made up the language in one of the books and ask him how he pronounced it, or at least some professional who has been told how it is actually pronounced.

To me, I don't even think the last part of it would be used.

00Bloo_sig11.png

i pronoce it yoo-ta-ja

KingofKings.jpghunters moon clan

OTANG, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

lol some of these are funny

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Sp8d8, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I alwaid it "Yow-tcha", but I think, considering other references to their 'language', that it would be pronounced as two distinct syllables and probably should be spelt "Yau'Tja".

In space no one can hear you scream......except whatever is making you scream

Ha haaa, Bloo, I meant about who created the Predator! I mean, I'll I remember is Stan. But then I think Stan Lee, or Stan Marsh. That aint right.

Drenton.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Stan Winston?

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Kidd, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Swift Spear and I pronounce it,"Yawt Ja" well, that's how it sounds in Country accent. XD

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Yah-T-ja thats how I spell it.

TitanosaurSig.jpg
http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens
I destroyed stuff... it was cool!

Yes, that is true that good ol' Stan Winston *cough* made the design, but it is said that he only helped in the language. Only what became of it, not what was in mind of it.

00Bloo_sig11.png