Alien vs Predator the original vs Alien vs predator: unrated

solo_pred, Undefined, 17 years ago

Uhh.. whats the differance? i didnt see more action, more violince and more of the other stuff the back stated. and on the back it still had the rating PG-13 insted of Unrated.
i think the company was just trying to get some mony by relesing the unrated virsion.

but tell me what you tink

you live you die if you die in the dark you were probably killed by me, Solo Pred Dark God of balatu.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Wasn't the Unrated version supposed to have more blood or somthing? I remember Dave talking a while back (Read: I read in the Archives)about a longer chest burster scene.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yeah, that is true. It does have a great deal more blood than the first version, but most of it appears to have been painted on using comupter graphics. The chestburster scene was the most convincing, it may have been the original take, but was sped for the PG-13 one. But I'm not certain. One thing for sure is that the chestburster scene is quite gruesome, and it seems more visceral than in the other films (except maybe the burster going through Dr Wren's skull in Resurrection..........muhuahuahuahuah). My opinion is that the movie wasn't shot to be PG-13. It was simply shot and the origninal version is what came out of it. The film doesn't focus on graphic human violence like the other films in the Quadrilogy do; it focuses more on the creature violence, which is something I thoroughly enjoyed. Other things of difference in the Unrated Version are 8 minutes of unreleased footage, mostly to character development. What I believe is the best thing about the Unrated set by far is the special features on Disc Two. They go extrememely in-depth into how this movie was brought to the screen.

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

cystic_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

The unrated version shows stuff they couldn't show in theatres as well as new deleted scenes and new special features, such as commentaries and etc.

It is also alot better than the regular version. Even though it is a classic.

Sig By Celtic102

They were made to kill, I was made for Annihalation