A pitch to the moderators

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

As I am sure you have noticed the people of the board have become wily and restless waiting for something to happen. Well I am here to pitch an idea for something to entertain the m of the board that could turn into some thing special. I propose to start a “fight club†meaning organized matches between the members of the board. This could turn into something very entertaining as well as contribute to the growth of RPG writing skills in the members. Of course rules would be in-acted such as

All behavioral rules that apply to the main forum apply here as well.

There will be a sign up period in which if you wish to take part in the current “fight club†you must sign up. Sign up periods will start again when the victor of the round is chosen.

Tournament style rules will apply all participants opponents will be chosen at random in the beginning and will follow a tier format of fights, etc…

No cheaping (defeating someone straight away, dodging every attack, etc… - you must make at least four posts before attempting to defeat a participant)

Members must refrain from chatter in the “fight topic†in which participants fight in (if allowed a second topic will be created for chatter, challenges for exhibition matches, etc…)

Depending on the fight weapon rules will apply mainly to humans and predators ensuing that they will not always be the victor and give a chance to the opposition

If possible different set arenas will be created varying in size, environment, and hazards.

Now this is only a pitch the full idea is not complete, hoping for a positive reply from the mods yours sincerely hyro

(p.s. I would have contacted you all individually but I don’t know your emails, etc… in any case i wish to speak about this more in depth so please email me at [email protected] or if you have msn messneger contact me under [email protected])

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I like it

KingofKings.jpg
hunters moon clan

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 17 years ago

thats cool for me...

HPEnhanced.jpg

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

It's bloody awesome Hyro.

P.S. My hotmail is [email protected].
Because i check this place more then i check my email.

i appreciate the support hopfully this pulls through...

Hyrosig.jpg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not become a monster." ~Nietzche

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sounds like a awesome idea. Good thinking Hyro.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sounds great to me, Hyro! This is exactly what I have wanted to see put up on this site, I hope it goes through!
45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ha, nice idea. Exactly something that should happen, considering all of the members staying on and waiting for something exciting or just something in general to happen. I know haven't been on long, but that still doesn't mean I'm not one of those people reloading the forum page every once in a while to see someone else on.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Sounds like a plan, Especially since there have been times in the RPGs when one individual has wanted to fight another individual, and it never gets to happen.
I support this 100%, maybe it'll bring some needed life back into this site.

animkss5yk.gif

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

we do that style of combat in our clan rooms. but i'll put up a notice with the other mods. you have to remember the site's intention was to discuss different aspects of the Alien or Predator franchise, not an RPG forum. we are currently trying to decide on shhhht an RPG. Thank you for a very intresting suggestion.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Or maybe we could have Mainboard (MINI) RPG's. No rank ups but same rules apply.

Navyspazsig.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.
Coming Soon, www.Navyspaz.co.nr

Yes, but it would have to be a sticky. And after a while it would get a bit too crowded if it was just one topic. If it wasn't one topic, then the mainboard would eventually just become RPGs....hmm...

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

This could work if done correctly. Nice idea, Hyro!

deathdrop1.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I agree with Drenton, it could become very sticky if not handled properly, but I am still for the idea. The big thing that I see to be an issue is that, while this site is meant for discussion of Aliens and Predators, only so much can be talked about. It would be nice to see a continual alternative to looping conversations available to mainstream members.

Clan RPGs are always nice, and of course Clan vs. Clan ones are terrific, but I believe that they do not occur frequently enough. Perhaps if the frequency and number of Clan vs. Clan RPGs were increased then the incentive to join clans would also grow, as well as a diminishment in the need for a mainstream RPG system.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

i thank you all very much for the positive response as well as the constructive criticism, and to adress a couple of issues on that matter.

1: when i thought of this idea it was never meant to pull away from the normal flow of the board bringing it into a unfavourable chaos. it was just meant to be there for entertainment between topics, but then again who know the public response has been pretty good it might turn into something...

2: as for posting space i was hoping to collaborate with the mods on this one into trying to keep this into 2 idividual topics, one to actually fight in, and another to have convosations about it, fight challenges, etc... as for collaboration with the mods i was hoping every time the "fight topic" was filled to the brim it could be deleted and another one created. but that i dea might not work and that is why i wish to speak with the mods idividually in hopes of making this the best it can be.

3:and finally as much as i love taking credit for the idea, i have to say my thanks to scar face. i say this because when i had arrived into the site he had created the "my skull" topic which entertained people rather well. so when i noticed the board had latly fallen into kinda a slump. the "my skull" topic inspired me to come up with my idea. so in any case thank you scar face for inspiring me!

4: and finally i have to say that my idea are still flawed and need corrections so please i implore seek out any and i mean any flaw and bring it to attention. im just trying to make this work right ; )

Hyrosig.jpg

If P got round to making a seperate board in this site for the Fight club styled thing, then it may just work. But it is highly un-likely.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

so is there any update to approving the idea?

Hyrosig.jpg