Do Aliens know if...

TheHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

Do Aliens know if someone has been infected by a fachunger if they do, on AVP when that predator was infected by one the queen got her tail right through his stomach why did the queen attack him?

Navysig-2.jpgHunters moon

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

in alien 3 the dog alien would not attack ripley cause she had a chestburster even when it was being smacked by a crobar

aliens rule and only I will hear your scream anywhere

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Queen purposely didnt hit the chest buurster

HPEnhanced.jpg

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think aliens have to know if someone is infected with a chestburster, otherwise they wouldn't be able to monitor their own hosts.

As for the explanation with the queen, I can't really provide a clear answer. The entire concept of the brooding mentality of the queen was BUTCHERED in that film, so I personally would rather not even try to provide a logical explanation at the risk of growing even more upset at that film.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Bootydaddy, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think only mr anderson can answer this question....he may even forget about it (laugh)!

The master pred is back!

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Paul Anderson "explained" why the queen attacked Scar at the end of AVP, he says that she stabbed him in the stomach & didn't hit the chestburster, although if anderson knew the first thing about aliens he would know that a chestburster would die if the host was killed, yet in 2 instances in the film the host was killed & the chestburster popped out anyway...tsk, tsk, lol

mysig.jpg

Sp8d8, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think that at the moment she felt her survival and thus the Hive's was more important than that of her child. She prolly missed the burster on purpose and hoped it would survive the death of its host (the burster was practically fully mature anyway)

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

well to answer your first question yes they infact can tell when a host has a embryo in them. for example in alien 3 riply was staring eye to eye with a xenomorph yet it walked away. why because riply was carrying a queen embryo inside her. as for why the queen would stab scar. i would like to say that survival holds priority over a chestburster. but alas this is not true. the truth is that the whole scene was basically to amaze people who knew nothing about the franchise into thinking that the queen is a huge lumbering killing machine and nothing else really. which to me is still rather disapointing. i mean even though in aliens there was the clash with the queen at least they showed that she was a cold calculating, smart creature. so dear paul im sorry but that just was not the correct way to show the queen in action.

Hyrosig.jpg
No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Amen to that, Hyro...the entire ending to AvP disappointed me immensely...I think it was the one part of that entire film which I hated the most. It had the most continuity errors, broke most of the rules within the franchise, and really disemboweled what little feeling of tension that had dragged its way though the flim.

I believe if the queen were to have behaved normally, she would have just backed down...one predator about to die from her own offspring and a human wouldn't be incentive enough for a canon queen to leave the remainder of her brood buried beneath the ice.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

As the others have said before me, Aliens can sense if a host is impregnated or not. And, as it has been said before, The queen may have missed, but that still doesn't explain why she would attack a host. I mean, she (The better, less t-rex-ified Queen) got really protective of the eggs in Aliens, and they are pretty expendable (Or not, depending on the situation). Now, looking at the hierachy in the Hive, a chest burster is more valuable than a facehugger, making Anderson even more a twit in my mind than before I read this topic

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

agree with Drenton

in space no one can Hear you scream

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

I always wondered about what Stalker said about the chestburster not coming out if the host died. So yeah..............

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

To answer this quickly and non-question-leaving, it was a stupid mistake by Anderson. Although I still don't hate him, I hate the many mistakes.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."