Pred Gods

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

who thinks preds worship thier own gods?

I recon they worship gods of honor, hunting, death, stealth and afterlife.

Entaro Adune

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i think so worhips gods for Hunt

in space no one can Hear you scream

Naturally they worship gods. Do you know of any civilization that hasn't/doesn't? They problably are polytheistic

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

or u could use a spell check or dictionary...
but i believe they have to have at least one god to worship. as i stated in the past topic caleld 'predator religion' they live very ritualistic lives which maks me believe they would worship a god

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

Heh i can see it now a pred in robes preachin to the other preds, lol

Hajou3.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

The only thing in space that can hear you scream is the thing making you scream... Me

Sp8d8, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't know if they worship him, but they respect the Black Hunter (the Yautja grim reaper)

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

I recon that each clans worships particular gods.

Entaro Adune

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

as for gods i do not know if they do or not. it is likly that they might. but i would rather beilve that there is no organized relgion within their society, i would rather instead of placing their faith in a unseen force that they would rather honour hereos of the race who preformed acts of extreme act of heroism, strength, defeniting a undefitable foe, etc... to me that just makes much more sense i just dont see them going to a statue asking for a gods favour in a hunt. but i rather they ask a ancestors spirit for guidence. but of course i only make assumptions remember what i say may not be true at all

Hyrosig.jpg
No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Black Hunter (the Yautja grim reaper)
i always thought it was Black Warrior. I read it somewhere that is was that, and that Black Hunter was like a famouse Bad Blood.
and that whole thing is how i got the idea for my name.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

its likely that on the pred home world and subsiquant worlds seporat factions of predators have developed there own destinctive religions just like in human religion there are manye diforent ones each offering something diforent with a vast aray of gods and demons. and chances are the religions all borrow from eachpther aswell just like in human religions. the anchent aztecs had a god cald bielzibub who was the god of fertilaty. cristianaty then stole that gor and made him into a demon the lord of the flies and decay. so its only lojacal to prasum that predators would have evolved in a simolar fashon. as the brain evols so dus the need fore undestanding and what isant understood is filed in buy mytholagy in my opinion this is the basis fore all religion. as technical advancement grows siance explane more an more of the un known thus discredating the god. so in a civilisation as advanced as the predator religion probably wudant play a big part in there lives but it would still linger in the minoraty just like religion in hodarn day human susayity.

Backinaction.jpg

Or it could be like ancient Greece, each clan believes in the same religion but the clans have thier own god wich in some way is dedicated to them, and they focus on that particular god more than any other.
But then again as someone else said they could honor thier ancestors who have "passed on". Or as another said they coul simply honor another who did a great deed. A great yuatja who in some established his/her self. Maybe in a hunt or something like that were they did some "great deed" that made others believe that they were worthy to be praised in some way with some signiance. But this could mean that a clan would praise its elder becuase to become an elder you would have to survive hundreds of hunts and show great loyalty, and bravery for your clan ect., ect. This might lead to why the elders and arbitrators are of so much signifigance and why they ar so honored.
But the predators could have also ended up like England in a certain time. One group of yuatja didnt believe that the set religion was right so they changed it to how they thought it was. This may also lead to the different clans. There are groups of clans that are one religion and some members of that clan break away to form a new religouse clan. Hence forth we have many clans and many religions.
But then again we cannot forget the clans that believe in animism. Or the fact that every thing has a purpose: some are meant to become yuatja prey while others are meant to help the yuatja (healing herbs, things that yuatja use to build Ect., ect.)(Although Im not to sure of this type of religion so correct whatever I screwed up about it)
And then we move on to the monotheistic religions. The yuatja may worship one almighty god or famous yuatja. For instance they could worship the yuatja who established the hunt and from here they pray for good hunts, help in yuatja meetings and so forth. If they are to worship only one god or yuatja I think its safe to say that they worship the most important. Or they may praise something of a symbol. Like in Christianity a cross. The symbol could mean things like death, life and the hunt.
These are all mere speculations so feel free to question them. These are just little thoughts giong on inside my head about the subject so I could very easily be wrong.

Thank You,
Blood Hunter

BloodHunter.jpgHunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aint gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP