the mark

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

hey were did the directors get the mark for the predators? i thought i seen it in predator 2 when that voodoo gang puts that blood on that guy thats hanging upside down but that might not of bin any ideas?

KingofKings.jpg if you can see this your dead!

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

i dont know. it may have been from predator2 but i dont think so. cause then it would be like preds copied the gangsters when they have been around longer. and gangsters couldnt have copied preds cause preds only mark themselves when on an xeno hunt.

so i think the people were just messing around with designs they made up and found one they liked.

or possibly comics gave them some ideas. i saw a pred comic and it had a pred with a sign ingraved into his armor and mask.

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Predrhone, Undefined, 17 years ago

The idea of marking their foreheads or 'blooding' as it's referred to is from the Aliens vs. Predator novels/comics by Dark Horse. They were released in the early 90's, after Predator 2 came out. Shane Salermo (screenwriter) and Paul Anderson just kind of hijacked the idea and exploited it in the film version; in the novels, it's so much better explained and executed.

That 'lightning bolt' design used in the movie is the same look referenced in the novels/comics. Supposedly, each Yautja clan has their own emblem.

phsig

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Didn'tthe audio comentary say that they got a different person to design it for the film. I can't remember as I havn't watched it recently.

Drenton.jpg
Zombie to English/english to zombie translator http://www.siddhant.name/games/ud/english2zombie.html