Alien Predator Fun Facts

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Post a few little fun facts about the alien, predator universe here. For instance the predator was supposed to have ORANGE blood but the movie makers couldnt afford so they changed its blood color to green. Post little facts like that that not many people know.

BloodHunter.jpgHunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aunt gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

the reason why xenomorph blood does not harm them is that they coat them selves in a alkali substance

James Horner only had 4 weeks to write the entire music number for aliens and still won a grammy

Hyrosig.jpg
No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

Predrhone, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ridley Scott offered to collaborate to some extent with James Cameron, and strike up a deal with Fox to do an 'Alien V.' However, most likely financial reasons gave Fox reason to greenlight AVP instead.

The Xenomorph species actually has several different scientific names. In the comics, it's Linguafoeda Acheronsis. According to the DVD menus of the newest DVD editions, it is Internevicous Raptus

The clan members from the end of Predator 2 are universally known throughout the Predator fandom as The Lost Hunters. This is because, after filming commenced, the suits were basically discarded. Several parts, such as helmet recasts, show up from time to time, but no one is sure of the whereabouts of the original costumes.

The budget for the Sandy Collora produced short film Batman: Dead End was roughly $32,000 of his own money. Since it's licensed material, he cannot legally sell the 8 minute film for profit. Talk about a labor of love!

phsig

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Preds resemble the ancient aztecs because the some aztec rituals had victims flayed ( skined alive) just like the Preds do to their prey, except their dead.

Return of the blck dragon......

The Predator was originally a insect like creature (This is well known), and the scenes of the Warriors climbing upside down in the ventilation shaft in Aliens was achieved by James Caremron flipping the camera upside down.

Drenton.jpg
Zombie to English/english to zombie translator http://www.siddhant.name/games/ud/english2zombie.html

Good this is another one, the predators cloak effect was done by using a red suit.

BloodHunter.jpgHunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aint gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

you can check out some of this stuff in the special addition of the pred2 movie on DVD.

well the red suit and blood thing.

but i dont understand why the people couldnt afford orange blood for preds.
the pred blood is just green glowstick mixed with KY Jelly or something. So does that mean orange glowsticks cost more than green glowsticks?

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

weyland-yutani were named after ridley scotts neigbours.

pred3.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

cool. Hey did yall ever notice that the weyland-yutani symbol looks like the symbol you find on those large green dumsters?

BWsig.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Sp8d8, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Elder in Predator 2 is wearing the original costume from P1 although slightly different coloured.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

It was re-edited is what I think you meant (I said re-edited because remember, the Predator design we see today is a re-do of the first bug-thing. I know it wasn't really an edit, but before this parenthesis sentance gets any longer than it was supposed to be, I'll end it right now).

For my fact, the Newborn was supposed to have a different role in Alien: Resurrection, a little something like this:

Differences-

a= Our movie.
b= Original Newborn

1a. The Newborn is more-on based human-wise.

1b. The Newborn is based more on the Queen, it still had pale skin and the skull-head, yet it had no eyes, it had a third jaw inside of the second jaw, pincers/tentacle-graspers were to come out of the side of a crest in the sides of its head to stab the victim while the third and second jaw, or the Newborn's hands were holding it (it= victim/host). Also, the Newborn was more massive and horrifying. Due to budget, believed from where I got this information, the Newborn design could only be scarcely seen thorughout the net as a sketch or drawing. No actual costume or footage of this monster was ever recorded.

2a. The Newborn was only to be seen the last 10-15 minutes of A:R.

2b. Again, this is only information. The Newborn was originally supposed to show up 30 minutes before the ending of the mobie, killing off every member of that band of pirates until only Ripley and Call were left, having a face-off with the two in an abandoned Junkyard on earth.

3a. During production, the Newborn was a robot.

3b. I have no idea if this is true, but the Newborn was originally all CG.

4a. The Newborn killed off many Alien fans, and the rest of the still-remaining, loyal fans were left disgusted.

4b. This is a question to you all, including guests looking at this. Could the original Newborn have saved the Alien franchise? I doubt it.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

StLkEr222, Undefined, 17 years ago

Although the alien that hatched from the dog was a rod puppet, early filmed tests used an actual dog in an alien costume.

"Give me a hand with this Haverson, this thing weighs more than your last date." Sgt. Johnson,
HALO: FIRST STRIKE

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

every day they had to repaint The Giger Drone Costume because the Slime ate the paint off.

And They never showed the entire body of the Alien in Alien 1 also. Except for at the end when it got harpooned out of the back of the ship it was a prop.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

alienhunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

one of the alien creatures made by giger for alien 3 had a tong instead of the innerjaw which would go down the victims throat ripping it all out
but this idea wasnt took on board

for alien 3 for some scenes of the "bambi" alien was going to be a dog in a alien costume

-The Hunters back so RLH!!-
- Run Like Hell -