A question about AVP Movie

DeathLocks, Yautja, 17 years ago

In the book novelization of Alien Vs Predator, we learn alot more about the predators, why couldnt paul anderson cut some of the stupid scenes with the scottish guy who has kids and make more room for the 3 predators?

DEATHLOCKSSIG.bmp.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 17 years ago

i liked the scotish guy... i was sad when he died... as for paul not doing more scenes. he origanlly planned to do more. but fox short chaged him and he ran out of time. so he had to cut alot of scenes. and him being more into the xeno mythos he must of thought the scotish guy add more to it. so yeah basically he didnt like the predators as much so he didnt feel as much remorse cutting it out. i mean no one want to chop up their baby and for paul it was aliens

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

i think paul make movie smal and put Queen movie predalien chestburster more Grid paul screen play was put more 5 predators in movie +Queen cost him alot movie i like him paul great movie maker avp can better i hope avp2 take two hours fun

in space no one can Hear you scream

Predrhone, Yautja, 17 years ago

Anderson stated well after the movie was released that the cut we saw was what was intended, and few if any scenes were left on the cutting room floor. Yes, I remember the early interviews too... "I wanted it R but Fox made me cut it at the last minute" but it was always meant to be PG-13 and the Extended Cut released in Europe is the closest you'll get to everything (it adds less than 4 minutes of footage - including a kind of pointless prelude at the whaling station in 1904). The 'unrated' edition from the States here added those few minutes of footage back in, and also CG blood in otherwise bloodless scenes.... that's about it.

phsig

AVSP, Yautja, 17 years ago

i agree with deathlocks cuz you dont see the predators very much only when chopper dies and thats very fast he dies. and celtic only the battle with (i cant remember the name) that alien and then he dies. scar was little to strong. the others were very weak. example chopper only gets on tail trough him and die. scar gets 2 (maybe more) and is fresh. lol. scar isn't in a battle with a alien. he just kill them without combat.

AVSP.jpg