now as my other topic

Predator vs Predator

Who do u think would win the

Orignal disgined Predator
vs
the Alien

you are in my world now...

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Thanks god he didn't forget his sketch book on the plane ride! *pr Stan Winston's name, going onto Giger's in a little while*

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's one of the reasons why so many ppl love the predator franchise, that the creature was so original & go excellent, it was probably the most revolutionary creature seen since Alien, & was very unique & distinctive. The prototype on the other hand, as u stated, would have probably just been seen as another alien ripoff. John McTierman even said that the prototype was the exact opposite of what their intent of the predator was to be in the first place. Thank God then for Stan Winston's brilliance, or predator would have been an instantly forgettable monster movie & have never reached anywhere near the fame & success level that the franchise has since claimed.

stalker.jpg

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

I just now saw a photo. Wow, it definitely isn't the Predator character we've all gotten to know and love. I wonder what the film would've been like with it....not nearly as good I don't think, and the film would have done poorly in cinemas, therefore no sequels or AVP universe. The photo I saw displayed the creature without any clothing or armor. Is that what it would've been like for the whole film? Yes, it's an interesting design, but nowhere near the brilliance of Stan Winston's. I can see why The Hunter wants to see it battle an alien, because the design looks to me like a well-done alien ripoff. They are strikingly similar, and I think that if used, Predator would be known only as a ripoff of the xenos. The design we have now is still influenced by Alien somewhat, but not much.

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

no it didn't, there were actually very little similarities between the predator that we know & the prototype. The prototype was more like a bipedal praying mantis, it had a vaguely humanlike body with huge, long mouth parts & a long pointy head & large bug-like eyes. There's a test screening I remember from predator's special features that shows it firing some kind of drill-like weapon from one of it's hands, it was very strange indeed.

stalker.jpg

Did the prototype even possess a faceplate?

AVPFREAK.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~

too bad AVPFREAK, ur missing out m8. Well most of the footage that's actually shown in the special features of the predator prototype is of the "red-suit" (like a green screen type of effect, but in suit form that they used to aid in creating the cloaking effect) there are quite a few shots of the full prototype suit with the actor (I'm not sure if kevin peter hall was there from the start or if he was picked up after stan came in), but most of the moving footage is from the "red-suit"

stalker.jpg

Yes, I put it on the Grey no doubt. Although it was never really seen in open area, look at the Warriors. They were suits played by men (well for the most part) and they did fine in open area. And yes, there was a costume as Stalker said, PREDATOR: Special Edition.

It was fairly clumsy, and it's nose jiggled every once in a while when it moved. Is that to be taken seriously? Some parts, no. But for the otehr part, yes. Because it was supposed to be exactly like the now Jungle Hunter, and htis Jungle Hunter kicked a$$. But we know it's a bit unstable so therefor The H.R. Giger Grey is my choice.

00Bloo_sig11.png

I've never seen Predator: Special Edition unfortunately.

AVPFREAK.jpg

they did have a suit for the prototype predator actually, u can see it in the special features of predator. From what I saw, it's movement was quite clumsy & it had some sort of drill-like weapon for a hand that it fired out.

stalker.jpg

I'm not certain either. The Giger Grey seemed pretty slow to me as well, though we never quite saw it in open area. Sometimes it just seemed stiff to me. But we would only be certain if we witnessed the battle. The same goes for the prototype Yautja. I'd like to see a video clip of the actor in its suit (if they ever actually built a suit for it).

AVPFREAK.jpg

lol, *shakes head* in that case I'd say that the Giger drone would most likely have the advantage, because from what I've seen from early filming, the prototype pred was fairly slow & sluggish, then again, we don't really know what it would have been capable of, but I still put my money on Giger's drone

stalker.jpg

Oh wait! You're right! I just noticed he said ORIGINALLY DESIGNED Predator.

AVPFREAK.jpg

Just bringing back exact copies of the originals would be somewhat of a repetition though, I mean yeah, there's almost nothing I'd love more than to see Giger's drone & the original pred go head to head, but if they actually put them in a future movie then I think that they should at least slightly alter a few things (not too much though) just to keep it fresh so it wouldn't seem a direct re-hash of the originals.

(hang on, we might've gotten this all wrong, lol, he might mean the prototype predator again, lol)

stalker.jpg

It could happen; the director of the next film could simply use the designs from both movies. Since the characters both died in the films, the only way would be with the designs, but if they had personalities similar to the originals, it would still be great.

AVPFREAK.jpg

It would be the greatest AVP fight on the face of this universe. The Grey Vs. Jungle Hunter is one of my fantasies, dreams of seeing, if you will. It would really bring one more shining moment to the franchise, in its status right now, let alone all throughout the years after the original Alien and Predator movies.

Of all that time being a A/P fan, I want to see something that has never been done before. This topic's name is what may never happen, sadly...

00Bloo_sig11.png

that would truly be a fight to remember. The deadliest of each creature that we have seen thus far head to head. In my opinion a great tide turner would be the environment, the Giger drone was remarkably deadly in the enclosed spaces of the Nostromo, while the original predator was near unstoppable out in the jungle environments where it had total freedom of movement. If it was a fight in an enclosed space where the drone could easily ambush the predator then the alien would have a strong advantage, but if the fight occurred in a wide open space, or a large area where the predator could move around & see the alien coming, then the pred would most likely come out on top.

stalker.jpg

Really? Hmm. That would be interesting.

00Bloo_sig11.png

Actually lol Bloo that's an interesting idea. I've never stopped to think who was better between Stan and Giger.

avpsig2.jpg

Hmm. That's like saying put Winston against Giger in a design contest; a draw, most likely. Heheh, designs contest and draw. Yeah, lame joke, but you get what I mean.

00Bloo_sig11.png

It's always been a dream of mine to see the original Giger Alien vs. the original Winston Predator. I am not totally sure who would win.

avpsig2.jpg