avp 2 director(s) to be announced

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

found this earlier today...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=6564&Template=newsfull

no idea who they are.

pred3.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

hmmm... fresh blood... and well thats quite a little history behind them. but from what i read they only really excel in speical effects... (maybe im wrong) but will they be able to bring forth a great story? i mean it very hard to find to combination of bloth great speical effects and good plot line i mean we are ll not peter jackson...

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Thanks, ya really think so.

bloodhuntersig-copy.jpg
Hunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aunt gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP

nice work sir.....nice work indeed

pred3.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Guys I did a wikepedia search on them and look what I found

Brothers Greg and Colin Strause (known as Brothers Strause) are a directing duo and special effects artists who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. They began experimenting with visual effects in their early teens. In 1995, they moved to Los Angeles and started working on the special effects for The X-Files. From there they moved on to big-budget hits such as The Nutty Professor, Volcano, and the iceberg sequence of the Academy Award-winning Titanic. They then broke into the music video and commercial arena, handling the special effects for artists such as U2, Britney Spears, Tool, and Aerosmith as well as spots for Nike, Jeep, and Pepsi. In 2000, Colin won a MTV Video Music Award for Best Art Direction for the Red Hot Chili Peppers' video, "Californication." This led the brothers to start directing under the moniker "The Brothers Strause," and their Linkin Park clip "Crawling" was nominated for Best Direction and Best Rock Video at the 2001 VMA's. Other artists they have directed for include A Perfect Circle, Nickelback, Disturbed, and Staind. Their music video for A Perfect Circle's "Passive" marked their second collaboration with the band. The video was shot almost entirely with thermal cameras and featured on the Constantine soundtrack and DVD.

Greg and Colin's visual effects company Hydraulx is at the forefront of the industry delivering ground-breaking work on the blockbusters X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four, Terminator 3, and The Day After Tomorrow, for which Greg won a British Academy Award (BAFTA).

The Brothers have recently directed spots for Coca Cola/World of WarCraft, Gatorade, Ford Motor Company, The United States Marine Corps, Toyota, Fresca, Universal Studios and Sony Playstation's "God of War."

In 2004, they collaborated with artist Christian Jankowski on a short film titled 16mm Mystery. The film is a gritty and surrealistic piece exploring the power of motion picture imagery. Watch 16mm Mystery here

The Brothers Strause are signed with Tight Films for their commercial and music video work. Recently, they've directed the music video for Flyleaf's I'm So Sick and a new campaign for Coca-Cola China.

The Brothers Strause have recently been mentioned as the possible feature film directors for Alien vs. Predator 2. The sequel to 2004's Alien vs. Predator (film) is set to be released in August 2007 for 20th Century Fox. A June 1 news entry on their website merely says "Something big is brewing".

bloodhuntersig-copy.jpg
Hunt or be hunted....Kill or be killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are you aunt gonna make it...Welcome to the world of AVP

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

me neither
(youre sigs to big)

alien-vs-predator-2.jpg
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

DeathLocks, Undefined, 17 years ago

They might be great at special effects but can they tell a good story without making a complete fool out of themselves? Although Nickelback's How You Remind Me was a great storytelling music video they did.

DEATHLOCKSSIG.bmp.jpg

nice work Blooded Hunter you have found alot more info about avp2;)

in space no one can Hear you scream

Predrhone, Undefined, 17 years ago

It isn't so much how they direct it... it's the script that matters. Since they haven't written the treatment, then it's basically laid out for them and they just tell the cameras where to go. If AVP2 doesn't have a decent, engaging and thoughtful script that better reflects the values of the comics/novels that inspired the franchise, then it will be nothing more than a rehash of Anderson's hack job.

I've read an interview with Shirley about 'Forever Midnight', and he basically said that Fox gave him guidelines of what he could and could not do with the Predator franchise. Judging by the material that wound up in the book, their list was probably nothing but "go nuts." They allowed him to rewrite their own established Predator lore... whatever hopes we have for this film, best curb them until it's friggin released, 'cause it'll never match up to what they say it will be.

phsig