what is the predators diet?

TITANOSAUR, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

ever wonder what the predator eats?

if you love the alien quadrilogy go to my aliens forum at-

http://z3.invisionfree.com/thehiveofthealiens

navyspaz, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Remember in Predator2,

"We've been studying this thing for a few days now, it seems he has a taste for beef"

In the frozen room full of cows towards the end?

And they said they eat every two days or so.

BUT Im sure they like alot of different things, I just know for sure they like beef cos of that. They must eat something on other planets without cows.

navydraft.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I always thought they would have the diet similar to a bear.

Bears eat primarily meat, but they accentuate that with things like berries, roots, nuts, honey, and of course the occasional romp in the human garbage can.

In other words, mainly meat, but with added extras along the way.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Actually, it's stated that they eat some types of meat, a fruit(grown on possibly their planet) called Naxa or something like that, and from what I've read, a drink called C'ntlip(Those words, Naxa and C'ntlip, are in their language).

00Bloo_sig05.PNG

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

They might abuduct cows and farm them on their ship. Yes, I know... I'm stupid. But they could do that. I allways thought that they had the diet of an athlete.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

On answers.com(which is a very good info. resource...) it says that they do have a diet kind of like what Drenton said. But I'm not sure about them abducting cows. That sounds like something that came from tLoZ: MM which is that exact same situation; you have to stop aliens from eating the cows they abduct from the Romani Ranch. Anyway, to get back on topic, they are known to eat only very little food, kind of a little less than how much Navy said.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i agree with Navyspaz predator eat

in space no one can Hear you scream

huh! I always thought they liked chicken.

one possibility is that they eat fruits meats and drink a type of wisky. and smoke possibly.

what do you think Preds smoke?

TitanosaurSig.jpg

...er... has no one listened to me? No offense, but that's exactly what I said. Except the smoking. I always wondered... maybe it's a type of weed or plant on their planet.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

we listend to you I was just leading to the next question. :D no offence.

TitanosaurSig.jpg

predatoress, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I would say they are carnivores. Somehow I don't see yautjas eating bananas lol 'Do I have spinach on my mandibles?' lmao True though, even carnivores eats certain amount of veggies, but just their body structure and anatomy points at tearing and swallowing, not chewing. Without speaking of their life style. Pred eating veggies would be as miserable sight than a cat eating grass, it happens but it's inefficient.

But I can't answer the question what they smoke lol

ForHonor.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/predatoress/ghosteyes.wmv

god_of_blades, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I recon they drink blood in skulls and they smoke stuff that makes them more resistant to pain.but yeah i think that they eat eat like a bear too.

Blood, Death and Decay those are the main ingredients for WAR..........

I wondered what happend. ok I think they smoke like a type of alien pot:D

they smoke it and they get high.

TitanosaurSig.jpg

Like Vikings lol

I wouldn't say like bears, more like canines or rather felines, referring to their body structure. Bear have teeth for chewing too cos it eats everything it gets, depending on the season, unlike canines (especially wolves) and felines, which are specialized in hunting meat and so on have very musculous and fast bodies with deadly sharp fangs.

And I don't see them as smokers as well 'cos of their 'healthy' liestyle lol

ForHonor.jpg

siliconsara, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

^You could also say that bears are specialized in hunting for meat, especially pulling things down twice their size. They are known as the most powerful of the mammalian carnivore group because of their agile limbs. They might be slow, but they have been known to clock in at around 30 mph.

The reason why bears' teeth are not sharp like a wolf is because they use them more for defense, tools and general eating instead of outright killing prey. They use their large paws to do the job of killing for them.

If your theory is correct (that they are like canines or felines, strict carnivores), then the idea of them consuming alcohol from fruit would make them sick. Most animals that are strict carnivores get sick if they eat or drink things other than meat. That's why they say giving a cat milk is actually bad for them, and can make them sick.

In general, I think Predators are omnivores like bears and certain types of canines. I used to own a golden retriever that would love to eat vegetables.

As for smoking, they might probably do...making special pipes that allow their throat muscles to grab on and inhale much like we humans use our lips to inhale smoke (made a picture a while back on my idea of how they might be able to smoke: http://siliconsara.com/?p=37). They might use certain herbs to attain states that they consider holy and to be able to contact the gods, much like the shamans of most ancient civilizations would do and some tribes still do today.

Doing it to "get high" might be another idea, but most likely not as practiced as most would think, heh.

FrozenAlien, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

what they eat? hmmm.. i dunno maybe some fruits and alotta meat, but what do i know lol i agree with the above posts ^^ except maybe that i wouldn't think of them to smoke, really :S

---------------------------
.::Frozen::Alien::.

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

Good points, Sara. But still I see them carnivores, no matter what. But only prove is the teeth and that city hunter ate in slaughter house and didn't rob some market for fruits. As their drinking I don't know, like I said I base my opinnions only to the movies, I haven't read the books or comics.

ForHonor.jpg

Bootydaddy, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I thought they eat what they'd hunted down...!

The master pred is back!

*cough*

Err, no offense, but I can't imagine them eating humans or Aliens. Maybe some other species, but not the prey we know that is their favorite. But then again, humans and Aliens may not be there favorite, just the most important and the most challenging, making them the most fun to hunt.

Again, as for the smoking, they probably do it before hunts. We actually don't see this in Predator 2 or Alien Vs. Predator, but it's a possibility that they smoke only a small douse of it as a belief for good luck on a hunt, or something like that. I don't know, I mainly know my stuff on Aliens better. On the other hand, they might do it as a small celebration after a successful hunt.

And again, I don't know, it's my opinion, please don't hurt me. Another thing I noticed is that, well, C-Hunter in Predator 2 seemed like he was kind of high in some parts of the movie. I don't know if anyone else noticed this; tell me if I'm wrong, as I haven't seen Predator 2 for atleast a month. I'll be sure to watch it again sometime soon...

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG