What Is That The Pred Have As Hair?

AVSP, Undefined, 17 years ago

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ive read in AvP books and when I was looking for Predator costumes on the net, I saw they were called Dreads or Dread locks. It was in the begining of the book of Hunter's Planet.

navydraft.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I WOULD say that they're tentacles, but that just seems silly...having tentacles on your head like that serves no purpose, especially since they're limp + flop together. If they were stiff / moveable I would say they were for hearing...It's prolly just Puli-hair or something weird like that

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

AVSP, Undefined, 17 years ago

I dont No

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

They look like giant dread locks.

Katam.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Eh, I like to think it's Puli-hair :3 (Puli is a breed of dog)

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

lol Katam is right, they are Dread Locks.

navydraft.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

What we think of as "hair" and what Predator dreadlocks are may be two completely different things. It may simply be gigantic, nerveless material that is their equivalent of hair. Bear in mind they evolved on a different planet. It may not be hair as we think of it, but it serves a similar purpose (warmth and protection).

deathdrop1.jpg

oh your asking what its MADE of, They are Dread Locks but I agree with Voltage, their tentical like.

navydraft.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Close up to them(I looked at the J-Hunter, C-Hunter, and Scar, Celtic, and Chopper to make sure of this), they looked rubbery;fleshy, to they couldn't possibly hair. Unless it's covered with something, because you can clearly see small metal objects wrapped around the Dread-locks. Or that is possibly for ranking, because I've seen more of those on Elders before. If the Dread-Lock ritual is correct, then those Dreads are somehow made to look like that; they weren't like that before, but that' still a theory, not a fact. Personelly, I would think of them as Dread-Locks. That seems to make a lot of sense, no offense.

00Bloo_sig05.PNG

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

If they were flesh, I would think that their masks would also have a sort of shield for those appendages too, almost like wearing football helmets. Having so much flesh exposed seems rather illogical.

If it is hair, then they are rather smart for making them into dreadlocks, or any sort of braids. The braids/locks act as a natural mesh to protect the skull from sharp objects. I'd rather have a blade shear my plentiful locks instead of my skull. Some animals in the real world have heavy coats of hair for that very purpose; to prevent quick shearing from the claws of their natural predators.

Voltage-3000, Undefined, 17 years ago

yeah i think there just like hair except bigger strands oh and welcome to the suite new born

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

In the A VS P movie novel, Alexa Woods theorized them as a bio-mechanical aid.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

Voltage-3000, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think there tenticles
or a bunch of tails :]

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

To me, they are probably really tight braids; minuscule and very tight to create that smooth tentacle look. Then they might probably encase each one in a sort of membrane or skin to keep the braids in place. The rings and adornments to these locks could very well hold that casing in place.

How thick they look remind me of some types of hemp braiding; braiding that is so tight that the resulting rope is very slick and cylinder-like. It would take a swift and VERY sharp blade to cut through that if they braided their hair like that, especially if the strands of hair itself is very thick. The "spines" on their eye ridges and mandible skin flaps remind me of facial hair. Perhaps that is how thick each strand of their hair is?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

^ That's a good possibility.

deathdrop1.jpg

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

All awesome theories, but I hope we never know. It would take a lot of the mystery out of the Yautja race.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Eh, that's what I said, but siliconsara explained it better.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG