Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Shop   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › TYPES OF PREDATORS IN THE MOVIES

Forum

TYPES OF PREDATORS IN THE MOVIES

Register or login to post
Predator4Life
2005-11-26 16:43:08
Undefined
What types of Predators are in the movies predator, predator 2, and AVP, just those three, not including the ones in the video games and comic books. Thanks

celtic102
2005-11-26 17:50:55
Yautja
Avp
------------------------------------------------
Celtic Predator (Whoo hooo)
Scar Predator
Chopper Predator
Predator 1

Jungle Hunter (I think thats his name)
Predator 2
City Hunter

.:Celtic-Designs:.

.:The Youngest Mod
.:Graphic Carnage:.

daveberg
2005-11-27 08:04:25
Xenomorph
They're all the same. Just differences between being blooded and unblooded. All the predators have is different names, there's no class of hunter such as 'city' or 'jungle' that's again, another embelishment by the gaming world to make things easier for younger audiences.

www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders
Stalker
2005-11-28 03:06:27
Yautja - Balatu
exactly right dave, "jungle & city hunter" were just nicknames given to the costumes in concrete jungle, but people just call them by those names because it's easier than saying "the predator from pred 1 or 2", those are NOT their true names

daveberg
2005-11-28 04:35:42
Xenomorph
the_doctor
2005-11-28 05:07:35
Yautja - Balatu
i hate the "city & jungle" nick names, it makes them sound so childish.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

Unknown
2005-11-28 05:29:23
Undefined
yeah but what else would u call them ? it would be easier if they had names.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you love horror flicks? http://chainsawhouse.proboards76.com/index.cgi
daveberg
2005-11-28 06:31:30
Xenomorph
Just call them predators, straight to the point and simple. No complications then and definately no money making spin offs like the games and comics etc....

www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders
Hunter_Predator
2005-11-28 07:02:59
Yautja
Officialy, there are types of predators, as was the humans were in the stone age. Like humans there are the basic ones such as...

Archer: Masterly trained for long ranged combat.

Axeman: Trained souly for close up weapon combat.

Those are sort of the basic ones, not all are the same like the fact that Chopper had Muals on his arms and the rest didn't. "City Hunter" had more weopons, mind you the makers might not of thought of them yet, but I will try to quote a makers thoughts, "We'll try to change this predator a bit, more weapons, new Plasma Caster, so on, just an attemp to give him a bit more character." Obveously, looking at the weapons, there are different types of Yautja.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~
daveberg
2005-11-28 07:52:21
Xenomorph
I see what you're saying there, there are indeed different arts and styles that these predators possess but none the less they are still considered as 'predators' think of it in regards to the human race - we all have special talents and arts/hobbies we love to follow but we don't go under the name of the hobbie we participate in - if we did i'd be called 'drinker dave' on the whole we are just classed as 'Humans'

Wait, i'm now lost, i think i confused myself, too much coffee this morning.

www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders
Hunter_Predator
2005-11-28 15:51:39
Yautja
I see what you mean now.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~
Unknown
2005-11-28 16:20:11
Undefined
Dave,some people love another Predator character than the other(and so on) and we'd like to call them by what ever name they have(jungle hunter,and city hunter)and those are the only name we can adress them.If they had actual names for those Predators,i'd call them by that.

not to sound cocky.just to try to tell you im not one of those younger audience that doesnt know much.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do you love horror flicks? http://chainsawhouse.proboards76.com/index.cgi
Quinn
2005-11-28 16:33:01
Undefined
its not much to know, its one thing to use the term "city hunter" for the pred from pred 2 but its another to assume its in any way different from the "jungle hunter" in pred one. like humans they are all different but there are no cl.

"This time the B!tch Is Back
Register or login to post
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Community
News
Community
Activity
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Links
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
Prometheus News
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners