PRAETORIAN?????????

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

do u guys think it exist but was never shown in the movie or somthing?i think they do.when the queen has died or been abesct to long it turns in to a queen.i think when the queen lays a super facehugger it turns to a praetorian and if somthing happens to queen the praetorian becomes a queen.also got it from alien vs predator extinction. and can anyone explain the drone laying a egg thing cause i don't get it?

It actually did if you saw the deleted footage you can see the formation of an egg when Ripley goes down into some sub basement she sees Dallas and Bret mounted up on the walls by alien secreation. If you look closely you can see Dallas's body becoming an alien egg. Its in the Alien Quadrilogy set you should buy it good little collection.

brokentusk.jpg

am lost...a drone turning a host 2 an egg.where did u heard that from? in that case the hive would never worried it will always have a queen.plus y din't the alien in alien 1 make a egg out of a host?

DiscsSig.gif

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's the way Drones turn hosts into the said egg; when found without a Queen or hive, a Drone does anything it can to get a few hosts, or at least one so it can turn the host into the egg that holds the SuperFacehugger. It sticks its tail in the host and somehow does something to horrifically put the host in the process of transforming into a egg. My guess is that it injects something...

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I always thought that Super Facehugger was transferred into her via the queen from Aliens. I assumed that as a last-ditch attempt the queen could implant a new queen into a host through its tail (by stabbing a victim with it), as it did with Ripley while it was being shot out into the vacuum of space.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone

Praetorian like xenomorphs could exist if a face hugger got ahold of a formidable, strong, large creature, but it would most likely not be like the ones in the game(s). But it turning into a queen? I doubt it. being a royal guard? Nah, just a drone, albiet larger, stronger, and maybe more aggressive. It would also be unlikely that they have the eqiuvelent of a kevlar bullet-proof vest in their armour plating.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

...when a lone drone finds itself without a hive, let alone a Queen to serve itself under, it finds a host and turns that one into an egg, explaining the SuperFacehugger. The Facehugger lays three embryos inside three hosts (or at least is known for up to three), and one of them is a Queen embryo. That's why, in Alien 3, Ripley at the end of Alien 3 had a ChestBurster with a Queen-crest on its head (sorry if I'm mistaken, again I haven't seen Alien 3 for almost a year now) burst out of her as she fell into the lava, or whatever it was. In the games, they changed the SuperFacehugger to a Preatorian Face hugger, which made/explains the Preatorian, thus it turns into a Queen when the current one is found dead.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

than how was the queen made in the games she was made by when a preatorian evoloviing so how was she made in the movies

VasquezSighehe.jpg
TO ACHIVE ULTIMATE PERFECTION U MUST FIGHT ALONG SIDE WITH THE MARINES OF ALPHA DRACONIS!

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

out of all the add ins i thought the preatorians were the best manily because it added a rather well done element to the hive. i mean if you read all those journals, notpads, datapads, computer screens in alien versus predator 2 you could tell they spent a while thinking out how the preatorian worked. as for them turning into a queen i think not so much of that. although i do like the idea that they whould be like a drone with a more muscular and armored build. and as the game said they were only a few to a hive to gaurd the queen

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Praetorians are only in games, but I think it would be pretty cool if it were in the movie. So they dont really exsist, we go by the movies.

MyCooXenoSig.jpg
Youngblood of Balatu

The Drone doesn't lay the egg, it turns a host into an egg, which that egg carries the Super-Facehugger. And I don't think the preatorians exist, although Preatorians do seem to make more sense than a Ravager, it still doesn't really fit into the life-cycle that the movie states. They can change it if they want to, I'm just saying that Preatorians are a cool idea, but they were just for the games.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

This is really simple Protorains are not part of the life cycle. They were made to get more money and to milk the franchise of all it is worth by bringin in more Aliens such as the Ravenger and Carrier. They are nothing but a money scheme.

Katam.jpg

.:MESSAGE BOARD, RPG RULES & INFORMATION:.

I not only heard it but read about that (Drone with Super-Egg). Yeah, I doubt that it would, could or should turn into the Queen in the movies. Royal Guard, same reason as you. Now it may be the Alpha Male, but then that's a host that they would actually have a hard time finding.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG