The Predator's similarites...

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

...to the Covenant Arbitor.

Me and a friend of mine had a debate about this a few weeks ago, and another friend of mine brought it up again, so we discussed this.

Warning...

First of all, if this is a cross-over, please lock this ASAP.

Secondly, if you have not played the Halo series and/or think this is a stupid topic, please don't argue, just leave this topic's page.

Okay then...

Anyway, I don't know if this was brought up before, I was just playing Halo 2 with a few of my friends, the same time as my other friend came in with a copy of PREDATOR: Collector's Edition. Since I have not played Halo 2 for almost a year, we started on the third level on a Legendary difficulty (mainly because my friends wanted to see me get my a$$ kicked by the Flood).

We then noticed that, in the first few cutscenes of the level, the Arbitor, which is an Elite of the Covenant species, had many things in common with an honorable Blooded Yautja Warrior, and at the same time a Badblooded Predator.

Similarities -
- He had mandibles (very obvious, and if they were not, they were very similar-looking to a pair of mandibles)

- He spoke in a way that had the tone of "Death before Dishonor"

- He fad failed his duty as a commander and we stripped of his rank and honor, yet he was depended on as the new Arbitor of his kind, much like Scar-Face, who had failed to cover up his entire species, yet he was depended on 100 years later to bring back his honor and destroy any records of his kind ever being there, and the ones who defined him - Arbitor had sort of the same duty.

Differences -

- A lot, which I'm not going to type up, because it would take the whole game's story.

...again, if this is spam and a crossover, lock ASAP.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I've seen pictures of the creature you describe, and I definantly think it was inspired by the Preds. I've even seen a fanfilm (created using Halo 2) where one of them was used as a Pred.

deathdrop1.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Well, i don`t think it looks like predator, but whatever. Also, do you know the skarj in unreal? These look alot more like the Preds. But anyway, the Yautja IS the best possible concept of a man-hunting extraterestrial that uses technology so i really expect others to make use of it`s image to get better impresions of the game.

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

I HAVE noticed all that, that's the reason I made a thread like this. But thanks anyway.

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Alien_Worrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

if u ppl wont a good look at all teh stuff of teh halo world in real good graphic here a quick link u will c clokign there melee wepion air craft and yeah check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K99enJzhX6s&mode=related&search=

and thay do have a very shocking resemblense

You act like we're we're blind, deaf and dumb
Betrayal has now left us numb
We're sorry we can't escape from
This choice now we all must succumb

Heh, nice. Thanks dude. I'll have to get to it, hopefully at school. It's getting late over here.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

i looked up covenant elite in wikipedia and it said that the elites were also based on aliens.....i have also seen that predator re-enactment,it be good.i likes it

Bloodlust and ten thousand years of bitter hatred fuel these Forces of Chaos,driving their relentless crusade to destroy the Emperor and reduce His Imperium to ashes.Let the Galaxy Burn!

Fire-Breather of The Hive

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Take a look for yourself, hehehe.

Predator: Halo re-enactment

thorndesignssig.jpg

Heheh, sweet. Let me guess, the arrows Dutch shoots is really a Plasma Grenade?

I did know that. In fact, most of the things the Covenant are in charge of have names derived from spirits, such as Wraith, Banshee, Ghost, Covenant, and the fact that some ghosts looks transparent, plasma would do good with that.

The thing that really got me going was the fact that they had cloaks and mandibles. The first two things I think of when reading those two words are Elite and Predator.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Hehehe, funny coincidence, I actually found a re-enactment of the original Predator, but with spartans playing the roles of Dutch's team, & an elite standing in for the pred.

thorndesignssig.jpg

That's why I was thinking of making a Halo II video and posting it on Youtube. A few of my buddies and I would make a sort of comical thing, different screens in Co-op, a Final Fantasy-type battle (it's possible, I've done it), a carrot hunt, and a Juggernaut battle.

And how intelligent the Elites are strikes me. In Halo I, they were simply buffed-up Covenant-versions of human units, waiting to be killed. In Halo II they played more of a role in the story.

And you know what I noticed? On the Great Journey -- the last level of Halo II -- near the part where you get the Banshees/get back on your Wraith, take a look at the silver Elite's heads. They look like mini-Queens, especially when they slouch.

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

What about the Elites in general? They both have honor codes, advanced weapondary, and cloaking devices.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

CuteFaceHugger, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

hey dude i play a little halo my self and ive thought about this to The Arbitor is to much of a Predaotr Halo copyed a few things like Predator and if you look at the covanat the also copy the Mormans religion {I am really not wanting this to turn in to a religest comment} but the mormons have a Prophet and a holy Covanant and if you look at the way the have a counsil the qourm of the 70 and the 2 aposls{the prophit of regret and truth}but this isnt really a crossover

CuteFaceHuggerJPEG-2.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

I guess you're right on a part. But then again, similarities doesn't nessecarily mean looks, again, they act like Predators with plasma replacing fire. It kind of scares me.

Elites & predators have many similarities, but also many differences.

Their overall look has a few similarities, their mandibles being the most prominent feature, although they do look quite different from the mandibles of a Predator. Elites also believe in the honour code, & are fantastic warriors. Their active camouflage also bears a striking resemblance to the Predator's cloak.

The differences begin to show in combat though. Where Predators are much more stealthy, melee-orientated hunters, Elites prefer to simply shred their opponents to pieces with plasma rifle fire. Although honoured warriors such as Elite Councellors also carry energy swords, & love a close-range battle.

Overall, the two creatures have too many similarities for it to be a simple coincidence. I imagine the Elite must have been somewhat inspired by the Predator. Although they are both unique in their own individual ways.

thorndesignssig.jpg