Predator Religions

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

Does anybody think Predators have a religion or worship any gods

I think predators have a religion but dont worship anything thing because the other things like humnas have worshiped them or still do they must have a leader like a elder

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

CuteFaceHugger, Undefined, 17 years ago

like i alway for predators its all about honor

CuteFaceHuggersStalkerSig.jpg
MessageBoard Rules

Proud to be of The Hive
RUNNERS ROCK!

kill_the_queen, Undefined, 17 years ago

well in avp the human's worshipped them as gods but yet it does make you think about it. they hunt in ritual and things like that. Thats all i've got a the moment.

decon demon of death wants your head.live by the moon . die by the moon.

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think they're like pharaos, considered as gods as the movie stated, so yes they have a religion. Religion of the hunt, maybe myths over it, myths of honor and the honored. Don't know does they consider themselves the highest speacies or does they believe in some greater force, it could be that they think themselves as incarnation of some higher powers.

ForHonor.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/predatoress/ghosteyes.wmv

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 17 years ago

There was a deleted scene in AvP that brings attention to that. It was also in the novel. The predators, after emerging from their tubes of cryo-stasis, knelt before a nightmarish and hulking statue of a deity that hurled lightning bolts, like an extra-terrestrial Odin. I have no idea if the scene was filmed or not, but if so, it would be most interesting to see.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

i could beleive they have a diety they worship. as someone stated they seem to have rituals and those are usually bound by some kind of faith.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I agree with Otang and Predatoress.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with predatoress and Otang

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with Otang and Predatoress. But i also recon they not only honor thier code of honor they worship it. That they worship great dietes
that showed great streangth, honor and were great hunters.

Glory to the Hive.....

Iseijin, Undefined, 17 years ago

All I heard from Sara's post was "God of sex"... LOL, hellz yeah.

Ok, all religions must have some sort of sacred number, no?...

I’ve also been wondering about sacred numbers for yautja. Apparently the sacred number for humans is 3 so I began to mess around with the idea of the yautjacred number, or at least one of the sacred numbers. My conclusion? 2.

I got this idea when I was looking at the yautjocial and spiritual aspects of their life. Think about it. The main gods are Centanu and Paya; death and life, male and female, light and dark, honor and shame, good and evil… Hunters counterbalance a plasma caster with a hunting knife, understanding the delicate balance of technology and nature.

Here’s what I found from my search on the internet:

“Two represents Duality. Alteration; diversity; conflict; dependence. Two is a static condition. It is rooted, seen as balance (two sides); stability; reflection. Two are the opposite poles. Represents the dual nature of the human being. It is desire, since all that is manifest in duality is in pairs of opposites. As One represents a point, two represents a length. The Binary is the first number to recede from Unity, it also symbolizes sin which deviates from the first good and denotes the transitory and the corruptible.Two represents two-fold strength--that is symbolized by two of anything, usually in history, by animals in pairs.

Cultural References

In Alchemy, two are the opposites, sun and moon. King and Queen. Sulpher and quicksilver, at first antagonistic but finally resolved and united in the androgyne.
Buddhist: see two as the duality of samsara; male and female. Two is theory and practice; wisdom and method. It is blind and the lame united to see the way and to walk it.

Chinese, two is Yin , feminine; terrestrial; inauspicious.

Christian: Christ with two natures as God and human.
Revelation: Two is the number of witness. The disciples were sent out by two's (Mark 6:7). Two witnesses are required to establish truth (Deu 17:6, John 8:17, 2 Cor 13:1). Examples in Revelation are the beast out of the earth who has two horns like a lamb but spoke like a dragon (13:11). He is the false prophet. However the two witnesses are the true prophets of God (11:3).

Hebrew: Two is The life-force. In Qabalism wisdom and self-consciousness.

Hindu: Two is duality, the shakta-shakti.

Islamic: Two Spirit.

Platonic: Plato says two is a digit without meaning as it implies relationship, which introduces the third factor.

Pythagorean: Two is The Duad, the divided terrestrial being.

Taoist says two is representative of The K'ua, the Two. Determinants, the yin-yang. Two is a weak yin number as it as no center.â€Â

iseiginsig7nu.jpg

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

If they do have some sort of faith, one would have to wonder how polytheistic it is.

It could be just one god (monotheistic), almost like our concept of God/Allah/The Almighty.

Or most likely, it could be comprised of a combination of duality gods and general polytheism.

Duality would be a "mother" goddess and a "father" god, much like Zeus and Hera of Ancient Greece. Basic pagan religions have such duality, with just "The Goddess" and "The God". Both playing as mother and father to their children (IE the Yautja; human beings) as well as the Gatherer and Hunter, and Predator and Prey.

With these dual gods, there could be a caste of gods under them, again, much like Ancient Greece, as well as Ancient Egypt. Gods for childbirth, justice, love, sex ect. They could even have a god of citnip (as Dionysus is to wine for the Ancient Greeks).

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think they do. I agree with both Otang & Predatoress; the way Preds are, they must have a religion.

00Bloo_sig05.PNG

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

I agree with the sacred number/duality.

In the basics of it, it's a worship of balance. As much as there is good in the universe, there must be evil or bad things to counter it. For life there must be death, for rain/water there must be volcanoes/heat/fire. It's almost like a math equation; what you do to one side, must happen to the other, or what must be treated of the other.

It's a very interesting and exciting concept.

To me, the Yautja value that balance through everything they do. If they didn't, then I highly doubt they would try to clean up their messes after their Xeno hunting. They value the balance that nature and the universe has already provided. They must be careful in maintaining it.

This might also be why the Yautja seem to have removed themselves from us humans in terms of technology. They taught us the basics of technology with building and such. They might of seen the innate evil us humans have with greed and our innability to comprehend that balance, so they stopped teaching us to maintain that balance.

I mean, the Predators have enough technology to turn the Earth into ashes if they want to, but they do nothing. Now, what would happen if they continued to teach us and show us how to create such things? We would kill each other and the universe. Human nature, go fig'

Predator: Concrete Jungle (The PS2 game) is a perfect example of what human society becomes when Predator technology is introduced. That is what the Predators have been trying to prevent. If we learn how to destroy ourselves by ourselves, then that is the will of the gods, and not of them, and that way they know that it is nature's work and not their interference.