predators code honour make dem weak or stronger what you thinkin

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

preds code honour make dem weak or stronger what ar thinking

i think code make preds stronger not weak

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't think that it makes them weak. They are a Honorable Race and they would live and die by that code of honor, just like a Samuria.
For example, who would kill an unharmed man? A Criminal and some others. Who would kill women and children? Maybe a mad man, dictator and the like. So I don't think that their Cod of Honour makes them weak. I think it made them very respectful towards their prey during the hunt.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

i agree with you Kidd

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

i think it makes them weak in certain areas, like awarness maybe. its this honor that creates mercy for foes. mercy is for the weak :3

technically no though >_> it really doesnt change their physical strength, but when it gets to the point where you start to show mercy it tells ya that your starting to feel bad for them (if not, why let them live?) and or you no longer think them to be a threat which leads to the problem: the moment you turn your back on your enemy you have a chance of getting pwnd by them. do you really trust your enemy enough to spare them? honor = mercy = trust = betrayal

however though, like kidd said, it does raise their respect towards prey.

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

i argee with Donte i think to battle alien make code honour stronger and vs Human i argee with you Donte

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think the honor code makes them stronger, but not because of mercy. I believe it does so because a code of honor proves that predators are, in fact, intelligent creatures, and that they have a very developed social society. This is also important when comparing preds and xenos, as it helps define the line between savagery and custom.

45324912.jpg

I agree with Crow. After all, it defines them. I think it makes predators what they are. I mean, if they didnt have that, then they'd just be another highly technological evil alien race.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

Aeo, Undefined, 17 years ago

I believe in a sense that a Pred is made stronger not because of the technology that they wield but for their warrior ethics, this makes them strong with faith. And someone who is willing to die for what they believe, someone who is not afraid to die... how could you beat something like that

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

ditto Aeo. its ignorant to even consider them weak. by definition, they arnt incompetant, nor do they lack intelligence. calling them weak is a farse and feeble way to adhere a fault to their species. :P lol

ahh as donut said mercy is for the weak but mercy is not implemeted by the weak that is for sure. to provide mercy one is to have superiority, hence they are stronger by their code.

as Aeo mentioned, this ritual, faith, ethical code of conduct is what makes them a tuffer species to contend with. and as Aeo implies it is their will and also their pride that supercedes any fear or lack of ability, and sacrifice thier existence to keep to keep the ritual alive. so in my opinion they are stronger by it. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

i agree with Otang and Dunot

predalien wil Destory all preds for Hive

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't think it makes them weak at all. If anything, it is a strength. Predators have trained their whole lives for combat & for the hunt, their pride & honour reflects that. It makes them a much more worthy opponent because they will not use underhanded tactics to win a fight, & they will use all measures to make that fight as fair as it possibly can be.

On occasion though they will give their opponent time to recouperate themselves during a fight, while they see this as fair play, it is, in my opinion, a tactical disadvantage. In the original predator, he had Durch beat, he was crawling on his stomach, at the creature's mercy. But the predator let him live long enough to recoupererate himself, & fell into his trap.

The same in predator 2. Harrigan was wounded on the floor & could have been finished off in an instant. But the pred bided his time which allowed harrigan to deliver the blow to the stomach with the smart disc that killed him.

Probably the most talked about scene though is in AVP, where celtic had grid ensnared in the net & could have easily finished him off. But instead, he let him recouperate, he walked slowly up to him, taking his time. By the time he had even drawn his dagger, grid's blood had burned through the net & he was upon him.

This can be a major weakness in a 1 on 1 fight. Although preds don't always do this, it can be a fatal mistake if they do. Although this is a rare occurence, it is one downfall of the honour code, that they may be too leniant to their prey & all too eager to make themself vulnerable in order to even up the fight.

stalker.jpg

i agree with you stalker

predalien wil Destory all preds for Hive

Aeo, Undefined, 17 years ago

I wouldnt call that mercy as much as i would call it pride. But even the most battle hardend veterans fall for pride, in AvP Celtic takes pride in the fact that he had ensnared Grid but who could blame him this was their moment to shine the moment all Preds wait for the greatest prey defeated the fact that he thought he had won made him make the fatal error of not makeing the final blow. Or so i beleive

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think it makes them strong in a lot of areas, weak in only few.

Do you like Peanut Butter?
00Bloo_sig05.PNG