Timeline binding comics and movies

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

there are contrediction at the botom , basicly proving that the movies and comics dissprove each other ...... but read anyway, im a big fan of both , especially if your a fan of the comics ... if not you may not be able to make heads or tails of this

PRE-HISTORY

Circa 3.2 billion B.C

The Space Jockeys control much of the galaxy, including Earth

Destroying Angels comic

Circa 1.6 billion B.C

The Space Jockeys are nearly wiped out by the Aliens.

Destroying Angels comic

20th CENTURY

1904 (October 10)

Aliens and Predators wipe out the inhabitants of a whaling camp on Bouvetoya.

Alien vs. Predator film

Circa 1950s

Dr. Daniel Ripley kills an alien Queen in his hometown.

Earth Angel comic

2004 (October 10)

Events depicted in Alien vs. Predator take place.

21st CENTURY

Circa 2020

FTL travel is discovered.

Elder Gods comic

Mining colony established by Omni Tech on Mira Ceti 4.

Elder Gods comic

Colony on Mira Ceti 4 is overrun by Aliens.

Elder Gods comic

22nd CENTURY

United States Colonial Marine Corps is formed.

Colonial Marines Technical Manual

Omni Tech rescue ship arrives at Mira Ceti 4. They find 104 dead and 428 missing. Cause unknown.

Elder Gods comic

United Americas is formed.

Alien

Nostromo is built.

Dr. Lucien Keitel finds traces of xenomorphs 1.6 billion years old in Australia's Great Desert.

Destroying Angels comic

2122 (June 3-6)

Events depicted in Alien occur.

Circa 2130

A barge en route from an alien controlled planet goes derelict in Earth orbit.

Earth Hive novel

Dr. Keitel locates a second Derelict orbiting a planet in the Shambleau System.

Destroying Angels comic

An expedition is sent out to the second derelict.

Destroying Angels comic

Contact is lost with the expedition team to the second derelict.

Destroying Angels comic

Throop Rescue and Recovery locates Dr. Keitel on a once-Jockey-controlled planet.

Destroying Angels comic

2145 (October 19)

A virus on board the USS Emerson starts killing the adult crew.

Alchemy comic

2147 (April 1)

The Emerson sets down on habitable planet and, led by the ship's synthetic, gradually a colony is built up over the ensuing decades.

Alchemy comic

Circa 2157

Hadley's Hope is established.

Aliens

Circa 2160

A construction barge crash-lands on the Big Island of Hawaii, killing 100,000 people. New laws are passed, and the Coast Guard is tasked with cleaning up space junk orbiting Earth.

Earth Hive novel

2179 (March - August)

Events depicted in Aliens and Alien3 occur.

2179 (August 12)

The empty Sulaco is located by Space Command at O'Niell Station.

2179 (September 15)

After tracking the Sulaco's route back to Acheron, two Alien specimens are obtained by Weyland Yutani from the Derelict.

Conestoga-class cruisers are decommissioned.

Colonial Marines Tech Manual

A plague sweeps through the town of Emerson.

Alchemy comic

A new research station is established surrounding the Derelict on LV-426. It is later destroyed when its atmosphere processor goes critical, taking the Derelict with it.

Aliens vs Predator computer game

Androids with artificial blood and memories developed.

Female War novel

ALIEN-EARTH WAR

2192 (April 5)

The Benedict leaves earth to gain an Alien specimen from an alien-controlled planet. However, an Alien Queen is already on Earth, where it is freed by fanatical Alien worshippers. Alien-Earth War begins.

Earth Hive novel

2192 (August)

Multiple Alien nests in Madagascar are razed.

Earth Hive Novel

2192 (August)

Jakarta is obliterated by nuclear weapons after it is overrun by Aliens.

Earth Hive Novel

2193 (February)

The Benedict arrives at the alien-controlled world, closely followed by a rival ship - the K104. Earth is nearly completely infested at this point. The Australian continent is completely quarantined.

Earth Hive Novel

2193 (November)

The Benedict returns to Earth minus most of it's complement, following encounters with the Aliens and the soldiers of the K104. (It took the Benedict 1 year to leave from Earth, but they traveled faster on the return route, and it only took 9 months).

Earth Hive Novel

2194 (May)

Escaping an Earth overrun by Aliens, Corporal Wilks, Billie, and the synthetic Bueller (all formerly of the Benedict) travel to a planetoid run by General Spears.

Nightmare Asylum novel

2194 (November)

Spears tries to reclaim Earth with specially bred and trained Aliens. He fails.

Nightmare Asylum novel

2195 (July):

The Queen Mother is taken from the Hiveworld by a group of marines led by a woman claiming to be Ellen Ripley.

Female War novel

2196 (February)

The Queen Mother is dropped off on Earth, near a pile of nukes left by one Dr Orona in Oregon.

Female War novel

2196 (August)

Orona's bombs are detonated.

Female War novel

2196 (September)

Failed diplomacy with last surviving Space Jockey.

Dark Horse Presents comic

EARTH RECONSTRUCTION PERIOD

Earth is slowly retaken and repopulated. Christian Bloomer discovers Royal Jelly. Music of the Spears novel

Xeno-Zip - a synthetic version of Royal Jelly - is created by the Grant Corporation.

Genocide novel

Haunted by nightmares, Caryn Delacroix aka Ash Parnall, helps a female Predator find and free her missing children, while herself helping in the creation of a hybrid that is one third human, one third Alien, and one third Predator.

The Deadliest of the Species

23rd CENTURY

Ernst Kleist creates a genetically modified Alien, dubbed the 'Rogue'.

Rogue novel

The USS Melville and its complement of Marines are destroyed trying to hunt down the human/ Alien mutant known as 'The Father'.

Colonial Marines comic

Anthony Crespi is the sole survivor of his marine squad after a skirmish with Aliens.

Labyrinth comic

After her ship crashes on a backwater world, missionary Ann McKay helps a small group of colonists destroy an Alien that has been terrorising them for the previous 9 months.

Sacrifice comic

Crespi investigates Dr. Church at the Innominata.

Labyrinth novel

Stan Mayakovsky creates the synthetic Alien 'Norbert' and later dies on AR-32 during a mission to gather Royal Jelly.

Alien Harvest novel

Goodwill Games re-started. Grant Corporation sends a team to the Hiveworld previously visited by Ripley in 2195, to get Royal Jelly.

Genocide novel

Second robotic alien, Jerry is created.

Stronghold comic

Damon Eddington dies creating the Symphony of Hate.

Music of the Spears novel

Circa 2225

Berserker squads employed to wipe out alien hives. The Berseker squad assigned to the Nemesis is decimated during a mission on Deep Space 949.

Berseker novel

Lara, Ellis and Jess - formerly of the Nemesis - hook up with Machiko Noguchi - formerly running with a pack of Predators - and escape the Alien infested planet of Bunda.

War novel

Circa 2227

Strikeforce team tries to reclaim Salazar VII.

Aliens : Xenogenesis comic

Circa 2240

'The Big Deletion' occurs where computer systems across colonised space are destroyed by an intelligent virus. Over a hundred colonies are effectively wiped out, and innumerable records are lost.

Estimate based on AvP: Thrill of the Hunt

24th CENTURY

Legate Muir's oppressive reign in Emerson comes to an end.

Alchemy comic

Circa 2354

New colonies start to emerge throughout the core systems as mankind recovers from The Big Deletion over a century earlier. Contact is made with Aliens and Predators again.

AvP: Thrill of the Hunt

2381 (January)

Events depicted in Alien Resurrection take place.

Known contradictions

- General Perez comments that Ripley effectively wiped the species out, thereby negating 90% of the above events.

- Dr Wren's comments that the Alien is like nothing they've encountered on hundreds of worlds also backs up Perez' comments.

- Steve Perry was 100 years out with his dates in Earth Hive. An honest mistake, but one that could've been avoided with a little more research.

- In Genocide, Daniel Grant is said to have had a meteoric rise, yet in Rogue we learn that the Grant Corporation was around at least 25 years before the events in Genocide. Hardly meteoric.

- Also in regards to Genocide, Xeno-Zip is a relatively new drug in 2217, yet it was allegedly discovered some 20 years earlier. Approvals for new drugs simple aren't that slow.

- The age of Carmen Vasquez seems a little out. She was old enough to remember her sister, so let's say she was 7 years old in 2179. The Melville mission takes place in 2206, making her 34. Doesn't really correllate with the character in the Colonial Marines comics. She seems like she wouldn't be over 30, but this is debatable.

- Conestoga clhips are retired from service in 2180, yet the USS Melville is still in service 26 years later. (Note this is a conflict between the Colonial Marines Tech Manual and Dark Horse).

- The Aliens vs. Predator arc seems to go off on two divergent courses. It starts before the war (2192 - we know this because the mentions of Earth in the book never mention the Alien invasion) on the planet Ryushi and follows the adventures of Machiko Noguchi in what became AvP : Prey. Then Dave Bischoff wrote AvP : Hunter's Planet and S.D. Perry wrote AvP : War (adapting the comic of the same name). Both of these books contradict each other as they follow up the events depicted in Prey. In AvP : War, we see Machiko three years after the events on Ryushi (huge hole there seeing as the Timeline suggests a minimum 30 year gap) joining up with the survivors of the Berserker comics.

The whole AvP/ Machiko saga seems to be a huge mess. And to top it all off the AvP PC game is set in 2157 - supposedly 10 years after Aliens. Since the Derelict still exists in the game when other sources say it doesn't, and the USCM are still using the same weapons they've been using for the previous 50 years, anything to do with these rather cool games should be taken with a grain of salt. The survival of the Derelict and the use of 50 year old weapons is a stretch, but the Prey/ War arc contradicts the rest of the Alien EU Timeline, and Hunter's Planet. It is my considered opinion that these AvP stories Prey and Hunters Planet shouldn't be a part of the greater Aliens EU Timeline. War fits as a direct sequel to Berseker, but not Prey (though another problem emerges when the Jess character changes colour from black to white between the Berserker and Prey. Ye Gods what a mess!!!)

- Dark Horse appear to have made some attempt to 'fix' some problems with the AvP : Thrill of the Hunt comic. They invented 'The Big Deletion' in which large chunks of humanity were wiped out thanks to a computer virus that destroyed networks across civilised space - and most importantly the history of Earth being overrun by Aliens goes conveniently missing, hence it's absence from Alien Resurrection. However, huge amounts of records from before Earth's infestation seem to have miraculously survived - including everything concerning Ripley (plus her DNA samples) and were readily accessible by USM and Call. More information is required from Dark Horse if this 'fix' is to be given any sort of credence.

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

nice work, I like it, but what about the pred movies, they came before AvP the movie, unless you didnt want to include them

HPEnhanced.jpg

~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~SELF-TRAINED WARRIOR OF BALATU~z_nightmaresc21.gif

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

ive seen this time line somewhere before....
http://time.absoluteavp.com/eutime.html

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

damn im good lmao

Alien-sig.gif

thanks, not alot of writting ... just alot of copy and pasting

Alien-sig.gif

Praetorian, Undefined, 18 years ago

Great post, I think I'll add it to the info section.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

Fantastic work! That must have taken a long time to write.

deathdrop1.jpg

ye , Movie`s = Facts
Comics = a bit of fun to read

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

heck yea now these are the type of posts i want to see >:3 the comics are pretty fun to read.. but of course i cannot go by them :| this is really something though! i'm not surprised that the comics dont really match up with the movies, diffrent authors means different things(sometimes >_>)

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

erm ... i certainly didnt post it there ..... and i cant find what your talking about ... but since all the imformation i have here is gathered from other sites and put together .... and is also fact .... its likely to have quit a few out there

And ye ..... Pred 1 + 2 go amiss

Alien-sig.gif

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

the site i put the url for has exactly what u posted word for word

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

Great work and nice from alot to read about avp :)

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

erm , not sure stalker i got the great majority of my info off sierra , the other more game related avp site + i cant actally find the info , all i see is a rubish half working site and a rubbish dead forum

Alien-sig.gif

-Bloo-, Undefined, 18 years ago

Actually, that timeline is pretty good. Nice one, Kill! Also, that site isn't pretty bad. Though it could do with some other stuff...

Do you like Peanut Butter?
00Bloo_sig05.PNG

outstanding work killswitch.great read as well.

harrigansig.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

i helped compile this, were the hells my name ?

:(

avp2-version.gif
Killswitcher:Join Our Predator Clan

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

You'll have to take that up with Killswitch.

deathdrop1.jpg

Switcher, Undefined, 17 years ago

no, im only joking, he didnt have the female war novel so he just mailed me asking for the dates

The compilation of this is entirely his .... its on all the main avp sites youl find, but PRETORIan didnt actually add it here

avp2-version.gif
Killswitcher:Join Our Predator Clan