what do you expect from avp2.

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

so what do you all want to see.i wanna see preds vs aliens,plural.i wanna see loads of fighting.i wanna see the opposite of avp.i wanna see it go off big time from the start.

harrigansig.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

as do I. I'd like the predators to seem more like the first two preds from PREDATOR 1&2, i dont want the aliens to look as animated but more like the ones from ALIENS. I want it to be creepy, to give a similar feeling from the alien movies

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

avpunlimited, Undefined, 18 years ago

I want action, dfestruction, in AL and new york, I want to see 50 million aliens and predators clober each other like in matrix revalution where the 50,000 sentanals attacked the last human base. Exept the humans are the predators, and the sentinals are the aliens. I want to see all of the predators best weapons get put to use, 50,000 nooks going off.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 18 years ago

i never wanted action and thats what every one else wants want i truly want is a good story. alien versus predator did not have a good story. it was rushed and in the end i thought the plot was horrible. but in this day in age people want action out of their movies. some one above me said the wanted fight sequences right away. which there is no problem with that its just im not that kind of person. i personally favour a plot. for instance look at alien 1. it was never rushed sequences and we didnt even see the full form of the alien till the end of the movie. it wasnt all walls crashing guns blazing or any of that. same goes for aliens. there was alot more action but it was never rushed they knew how to bring it in at a good time and also when to end it. so what i expect from alien versus predator 2 is a major jump in plot

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

I go with hyro on this one.

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

I also agree ^ But I do wish they had more fighting, and I hope Paul Anderson gets a back seat on this one... And a little more preds. I agree with Hyro ^ but I wish there was more fighting and a better story.
EDIT: And I hope the Predalien isnt invincible....

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

1. ONE Alien vs. ONE Predator.

2. Save the fight for near the end. They should both keep busy by killing off the humans, one by one.

3.Have the setting work for both species and show respect twoards BOTH franchises. Don't have one dominate the other. Keep us guessing as to who will win.

4. For God's sake, HAVE SOME DECENT HUMAN CHARACTERS. Not "cool", not "swear-a-minute badass" none of that. REALISTIC. I want to care about them and be upset when they die.

5. When the xeno and pred finally lay the smackdown on each other, Don't have a flashy, super-fast, bullet-time wire-fu action-fest with them sending each other through walls and explosions everywhere. Have it be slow and brutal. Less Matrix, more Rocky, kinda.

6. Less action, more horror. And by "horror" I don't mean "spray blood everywhere and have a lot of screaming". You don't need blood to have horror. Suspense, that's all.

7. But of course, R-RATED. Bring on the gore! Again, gore is ADDED to the horror, gore is not the horror itself.

8. Don't insult my intelligence again, and kindly give us what we paid for.

9. Get Alien and Predator out of Fox's hands before they do more damage...
>:( It's pretty clear they don't give two flying cow turds about the fans.

10. Give it a budget. We all know what that means.

deathdrop1.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

On the points that you have made Deathdrop, I see myself agreeing with most of them, so I'll comment on each of them:

1. Though it would be better in terms of the fight because the creatures won't get killed easily, it isn't necessarily bad to have many Aliens and Predators. They just have to know how to make each fight last instead of killing one right away like in 3 seconds (which was more than what it took for Scar's swipe to the Alien)

2. True, but then the problem would be trying to develope characters we will actually care about. This will make people actually sit through the whole time the creatures are killing off the humans with suspense instead of boredom.

3. This would be kind of hard, since in almost everyone's mind, the steroetype remains that by the Predator and Aliens movies (where 1 Pred killed 7 soldiers and where 1 soldier would kill on average 10 Xenos) that their "calculations" says that 1 Pred = 70 Xenos. This resulted in the sense that Preds should dominate Xenos (something I do not believe), which is why people protested when Grid took out 2 Preds.

4. Totally agreed. I've stated the reason above on point number 2. This will help us to identify more with the characters and so we actually get the feeling of suspense.

5. I agree with you about the non-flashy part, but making it filled with explosions is again like what most of the cliched action movies are doing. If we want to set this movie apart from the rest, we need to make the action more suspenseful. My idea is to make them stalk each other in the beggining and use every tricks they could with the surrounding to ambush their enemy. Then finally they could have an all out fight, but tone down the explosion.

6. That goes true with the character developements. If we have characters who are well developed and that we genuinely care for, we would feel alot of suspense to see which one of them survives (which was sucessfully done by Alien). Like you said, gore doesn't make something scary, like Alien Res (gore to the max, but no scare).

7. An R-rating would help, as it would connect the movie with the fans more, but it wouldn't have helped it much. I really don't like it when people say that AVP would have been good with an R-rating. Violence (resulting in the rating) doesn't make a movie good, it never does. It's the sotyr and characters that makes a movie good. More gore and violence will just make it instead of a mess of a film, we'll have a gory mess of a film (not much better)

8. Haha, yeah that's totally agreed. I have no more comments to make on it.

9. Fox might not care for the fans, but then again, what production company actually does care for the fan? The movie companies are all about the money (you could see that by the amount of mediocre movies released every year). And plus, Fox gave us the originals in the first place, so they get some credit for making us fans in the first place.

10. In my opinion, the budget of the movie had never been a problem. The movie had a good budget (good enough to make flashy explosion effects etc). If they could've taken out all that flashy effects and put all the money in making a good story, then we would've been more satisfied, showing that flashy effects does not make a good movie. They have the money for the effect, showing that they're not low on budget. They should have used the budget on something better (like a good story).

TDN2.jpg
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

(making a new post instead of editing because the above post would have been too long to be read)

And as for me, the things I would've wanted beside what most of what Deathdrop had said above, are:

1. A better director! Though the downfall of the movie can not be totally credited to this guy (Fox had some parts in it too), he takes most of the blame. And plus, looking back at his agenda (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil), he isn't one to be trusted with a big project like this. We need a better director than him. And I won't say Scott or Cameron, because first off, it sounds redundant, and secondly, both of them had abandoned (especially Scott) and hopes or chance that they would be returning to the franchise.

2. A better story. Though this will go mostly with the good character developements, the characters themselves do not make a good story. Put a conspiracy, maybe one from Weyland-Yutani like in the Alien movies. Make a story that sounds less far-fetched (Predators taught us how to build, we worshipped them, Xenos a raised by sacrificed people, Predators coming back every hundred years for a manhood ritual etc). Make a story that has less plot holes (which AVP has lots of) and more true to the origins of the two franchises (meaning no Xenos terrorizing the cities, which totally discounts the events in Alien).

3. And finally, one that is more of a personal thing, a better setting. The Pyramid in Antarctica setting in my opinion s*cked. It didn't feel right the first time I saw it, and it had no connections of either of the two franchises. A city setting wouldn't be good either (read above why I don't like it), since it would reveal that Humans already knew the Xenos, therefore discounting the events in Alien. Even the whole setting in Antarctica is bad since it's been stated that Predators only come at times with great heat.

Well, that should be most of it. What do you guys think?

TDN2.jpg
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

one of the main factors would be that the movie should me more true to it's predecessors. The aliens & preds' behaviour & characteristics were changed quite drastically in AVP. The aliens went from being cunning, stealthy killing machines, into extraterrestrial raptor clones. The predators also had been altered for the worse, what once were cool headed & intelligent hunters, had been reduced to oversized behemoths wearing half a tonne of shiny body armour & having about as much common sense as a brick. All their equipment should be much more similar to it's classic designs in AVP2, the original thermal vision should be brought back, as well as the concept of hunting for trophies instead of just killinthing that moved.

Bringing back the true alien & predator "feel" to the movie would be a major factor, but it would also need a much better storyline, I would personally prefer an outer-space setting, on board a ship or a desolate planet, maybe even taking the setting back to Acheron. A full on war would ruin the movie in my opinion, it would have to be a very well thought out movie, if it were just 2 hours of aliens & preds slugging it out it wouldn't do much for it either. The first 40 minutes or so of the movie should be spent building tension & creating character, much akin to Alien, Aliens & Predator. The fight scenes would also have to be much more thought out, in AVP it was just a 5 minute slugfest with celtic slamming grid into pillars like something out of WWE, that would have to go. The predator's should no longer behave like brutish morons, but rather their hunting movements & fighting styles should be much more honed, really showing their combat abilities, although this would defenantly not mean the fight would be one sided. Ian Whyte (if he was recast to play one of the predators) should be made to study the earlier films for references of Kevin Peter Hall's movements & try to apply those to his own suit-work acting, to at least try & make the preds behave more like they should. Furthermore, they would no longer be established as "hero" characters, such as Scar was in AVP, there should be no siding with them, or reasoning with them, characters should either be considered prey, or as an unworthy challenge to be left alone, not to be taken as allies

stalker.jpg

re no 10 dd.avp was a $70 mllion dollar movie.how much you think they need?????its ok having a big budget,but it needs a script.rodriguez had a script for pred 3 but said it would cost 200m to make.look back at some big budget movies,van helsing,war of the worlds ,king kong,all made a profit but not a massive one.avp made 6 times its cost,for one simple reason,US.no matter how bad it was it was a success.so regardless of budget,u know it will be a massive hit.i'll go to see it,you will,and so will everyone else on here.

harrigansig.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

1. For me, AVP felt like a Kid's Meal of both franshises. You get around 3 minutes of what the original was like, so it JUST DIDN'T WORK.
2. Have it be traumatizing, like Aliens. That was relentles. I was afriad to go around any corner, to go down a dark hallway.
3. Like DD said, ACTUAL CHARACTERS THAT I LIKE! In Aliens, I liked the characters, and felt that the human villian (Burke) was still REAL. Not a sterotype.
4. A REAL battle between them. Just one match showing the 2 fight. There can be more fighting, I just want to see the 2 of them duke it out. That is why we all like the whole idea of aliens and preds fighting.
5. R. The world of "Aliens" and "Predator" are R and should stay that way.
6. Make this one for the fans (us) and not a mindless popcorn flick. It makes more money, but most want thier money back.

I just want A GOOD MOVIE, to put a point to it.

You just got owned, FREAKING OWNED! I saw it!

I would like to see a movie that has a decent ammount of action (As in, more than four action scenes), some tenseness and some proper scares! But I'd alos love a proper story. AvP had a weak story. I'd also like it to be AlienS vs PredatorS. No humans.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

i hope avp2 have better story and more preds in and aliens i think predalien is alpha male i read story of two princes is super good story i hope have more money on movie

Daemon how makes Trophy out of men

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

I actually think they shouldn't have great budject 'cos as you can see, when you don't have money for special effects you have to be creative and concentrate on the plot, and when you have super-duper budject all there is are cool effects and plot which is either hard to follow or there's no plot at all lmao

predatoressweb.jpg

Would you love a monsterman, could you understand beauty of the beast?

Kidd, Undefined, 18 years ago

What I expect from the next film is to show more about the Yautja's and the Xeno's history, and answered some questions. Plus also to show the Yautja homeworld, to see what it is like for ourselves.

Now the questions are, How did the Yautjas get the Xenos? Were the Yautja and the Space Jockies allies? Questions like that. Plus I like to see the regular honor that the Predators have back. (Going with what Otang said in "Plot Holes" for it is true.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

All good points Kidd. That was something I forgot to say: explain the Space Jockeys. They are mysterious, creepy, and have been completly forgoten. We have only seen one dead one. No more. No less. Just one dead Space Jockey, his chest burst. There are so many things we don't know about them. Who are they? What are they? What connection do they have with the xenomorphs? What connection do they have with the yujati? Was the crash on LV-426 a minor or major loss? So many questions about these guys that need answering.

You just got owned, FREAKING OWNED! I saw it!

But that depends om the audience. Half of the fans of the series don't want the mystery of the Space Jockeys to be explained. The reason for this is it will take away the mysterious and eerie feeling from the creature and they'll then be reduced to normal alien-from-outer-space type. And plus, the mystery is what keeps the franchise going, with all the disscusion topics about the Space Jockeys, it's enough for the franchise to stay alive for awhile. I personally think they should keep it a mystery, giving more chance to theories and hope they do not reveal it, or they'll "de-mystify" the Space Jockeys.

TDN2.jpg