Hicks vs dutch

avpunlimited, Undefined, 18 years ago

I say hicks for several reasons, he kept it together, he planned, he fired great shots, he was the bomb, but then again so wasdutch. Those guys in aliens where tougher than the prisaners in alien 3, but no one is as tough as the guy's in alien resarection.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

I've got a few questions.

1. Where are they fighting?

2. Is this a fistfight?

3. If not, what weapons do they have?

AND THIS BETTER BE GOOD.

deathdrop1.jpg

Alright, there fighting in new york city, they each have a pistal, pucket nife, and a pulse rifle.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

i guess i will say post on this one.

dutch would easily win.
as DD implied he is a member of special forces, highly trained covert operations. special forces know many ways to combat an opponent, from stealthy infultration missions with minimal contact, to heavy defense if needed allthewhile having knowledge of many weapons and tactics.

hicks on the other hand, had a much different demeanor. he was unprofessional. i wont say he was trained to take out xenomorphs becuase as i recall they didn't know what they were when they arrive at the colony. his style of training was less tactical and more of a front line approach.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

this isnt a pointless topic >:C anyways if it was with those weapons i'd have to say dutch. as much as i like hicks, dutch has a stratigical military mind, and he seems to be physically stronger. so its like he has both brawn and brains, hicks is pretty good, but i think in the end Dutch would come out as the victor

673296.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

I don't think Dutch would dominate Hicks completly, as he has no idea how to work a pulse rifle. I'm sure he'd figure it out eventually, but if he really had no time, he could just throw the knife to injure Hicks, then move in for the kill with the pistol. Granted, Hicks' knoledge of uing the pulse rifle wil come in handy. Now, since this is New York we're talking about (I can only assume Manhattan, as that' the part people usually picture) there are going to be people EVERYWHERE. Neither one wants to kill anyone who isn't involved with the fight, therefore neither would risk the use of firearms as powerful as a pulse rifle. A pistol is gonna be risky also. In the end, this would wind up being a knife fight. Hicks is in the Colonial Marines. They typically go on "Bug-Hunts" where the mentallity is "shoot first, ask questions later". Dutch goes on a lot of missions where stealth and the like are needed, as well as the ability to shoot like hell. Dutch knows how to disarm people pretty quick. Also, Dutch is clearly stronger than Hicks. Take one look at Arnie's biceps and that becomes clear. It would be a great fight, but I'm going to have to go with Dutch. My reasoning is, Dutch is trained to kill people. Hicks is trained to kill monsters. Therefore, Dutch wins. By the way, Navyspaz, lay off. This is a good fight, and is not in violation of any of the rules. I will decide if it is in violation. Understand?

deathdrop1.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

It's a battle of Special Forces vs Marines. The thing is, we've never seen Dutch's team go battling stealthly. As I recall, they didn't use much stealth in fighting the base full of Guerillas. In my opinion, if this was a battle with Pulse Rifles, then Hicks would win since he knows how to use the weapon perfectly. If it was a battle of anything else (meele weapons, hand-to-hand, tricks) Dutch would win because he's physically stronger than Hicks, giving him the advantage in meele and hand combat. And he used more tricks in battling his alien foe (the use of mud, the log trap) than Hicks did, so he'll win in this department as well.

TDN2.jpg
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

Hicks would win, beacuse he is smarter, more experienced, faster, knows how to plan, and he wass in aliens, so yeah hicks wins.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

how can u determin that he is faster, smarter ect. we dont know how experienced either of them are.
plus there are heapse of factors that need to be taken into account in the fight,in my view they both evenly matched and dont really care about what would happen if they fight.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

*EDITED FOR RUDENESS*

deathdrop1.jpg

Its Okay, hicks is not smarter than dutch, sorry. But my proof to back up that aliens arer better than predators is beacuse of the movies, In my appionon the alien franchise made alot more than the predator franchise.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

ROFL.

but i think Dutch would win, not because i like preds better than aliens but it is because he is built, and is trained to take out humtealthly, or full assault. Plus arnold with a knife will cut you UP. and look at how he planned the trap for the pred. he thinks thoroughly before doing things, and that is very effective in a fight.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 18 years ago

got to be dutch. i mean think about it this is new york (our time im assuming) if hicks were to throw a punch every arnold loving fan in new york will jump on him and beat the bloody snot out of hicks. arnold is popular very... very... popular...

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

^ Nah, I don't think so. Now, California, THAT's the Govanator's turf. You DON'T mess around on the Govanator's turf... LOL

My thinking is that if the streets and everything were cleared, Hicks would win. Again, he knows how to works the pulse rifle. But then again, Dutch knows how to use a pistol, obviously, so it would boil down to "who can shoot first" if you wanted to go that route. Anyone know how long it takes to fire a pulse rifle? ALso, we might need to ask what kind of pistol it is. God, this is getting complicated... Anyway, if there are people around, Dutch wins. If not, it's either a draw or a victory for Hicks. Tough call.

deathdrop1.jpg

Come down deathdrop! Jesus, just come down, I would not vote for an empty egg, jesus, I would vote for the pred, yes dutch probabaly wins this one, sorry death drop! CHILL THE OUT! i RESPECT PREDATOR'S JUST AS MUCH AS ALIEN.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

... I don't want you to vote for the pred. I want you to vote based on who you HONEST-TO-GOD think will win. NOT who you like better. You gave me the impression that you were doing that when you posted "facts" with no facts to back them up. If Hicks is smarter, give some examples. If I came off as rude there, I'm sorry. That was un-called for. My bad, dude. But again, back up your claims. It adds a great deal to your argument.

deathdrop1.jpg

It's got nothing to do with Aliens or Predators, this is a human-vs.-human fight. Try not to put up info that isn't legit, Ok dude?

deathdrop1.jpg

Ok, hicks probabaly wins, beacuse he will sneake around, as dutch will stand in the open looking for him, it would be a perfect time for hicks to show off his sniping ability.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
AVP3.bmp

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

I'd Say dutch wins :), Cos Hicks is trained for dealing with bugs, Dutch is the commander of all those marines on Pred1. So i think Dutch might be a little more trained :)

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Dont forget all those traps that he set for the pred, how well thought out they were and how if one messed up he found a way to make it work.

like when the pred went around that one trap, he pulled the string and the log fell on the pred when it wasnt supposed too.

blackwarrior.bmp.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Dutch would most likely win. After, those biceps are huge. It takes more skill to fight in a jungle than it does to in a corridor. Also, Dutch managed to make his own weapons near the end of Predator.

However, everything that Hicks had was standard issue. However, his backup shotgun may have been a personal weapon, but I doubt it. Yes, his armour was pianted a bit, and he most likely had a non-standard issue boot knife.

Hicks would have the slight advantage of knowing how to use a pulse rifle, what sort of temerature it can take, how resiliant it is, and how reliable it is. But Dutch, being part of a spec ops unit, would eventually figure out how to use the pulse rifle.

But I'm going to assume that they both know how to use thier guns.

A Pistol. Any soldier knows how to c0ck a pistol, and almost every pistol would have the same firing sequence. After all, all you have to do is insert the magazine, pull the slide back, and pull the trigger.

The Knife. It would depend on what sort of pocket knife they were using. a switch-blade, a throwing knife, a bowie knife, a combat knife, or a normal knife. They would each have the skill to wield a knife in a deadly manor, however, Dutch has more muscle (Did I use the correct spelling here? or did I say the clam like thing?) power, and that would give him an advantage in the fight.

And the fist. We all know what would happen in this case.

Drenton.jpg