i JUST REALIZED SOMTHING....

Quinn, Undefined, 17 years ago

If the marines in aliens found preds in that colony they could have wiped them out with ease.......

"This time the B!tch Is Back

do i hear an eco? no its just a bunch of peaple who agree with 1 because they have nothing to contribute....

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

With Predators only, and not Aliens, they wouldnt last too long either, but they would get scared even more. Think about it:

Your walking along a dark, bashed up corridor. Blood is everywere on the walls. Your taking point, with the rest of your squad five meters behind you. Suddenly your motion tracker goes off You turn around, scared out of you mind, but nothings there. You continue down the corridor. You enter a room, filled with skinned or headless bodies (Security gaurds, as I assume that the Preds follow the code of honour)Your squad members are horrified. Suddenly, your motion tracker goes off again. You dont turn around straight away. You hear a loud, pained scream, and whip around. One of your squad memebers is dead, and being dragged through the corridor you just came from....

BUT, there is a flaw with that. If the predators followed the soce of honour, they wouldnt kill anyone except the security guards, and anything that seemed able to fight it. That would give them little reason to travel there in the first place. However if they were bad bloods, then I could understand them going there.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Oh! Unless I'm missing something here, was everyone talking about the marine squad from Aliens? Now it makes more sense than a random team...

00Alien_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, if there were a trio of preds (such as in AVP) even if they were less experienced I would still say they would win. The first pred was toying with the marines, he was picking them off one by one to see how the rest would react & to make the hunt more interesting, if he had really wanted he could have finished all of them in seconds. He was a more experienced hunter though. If they were unbloods, I'd still say the marines would get slaughtered, I mean yes, they have motion trackers, but if a pred throws a smartdisc at them or hurls their combistick, it wouldn't make any difference.

Even if the marines did see the preds on the motion tracker & opened fire, preds that are determined for a kill will usually not let anything stop them, & will usually shrug off any damage that they take to get to their prey. In predator 1 even when Mac is firing at the predator after Blaine is killed, the predator is hit but it doesn't even slow him down. Automatic weapons are surprisingly ineffective against preds as their buller-proof armour coupled with their natural resillience & agility tends to favour the pred in most situations.
If there were 3 preds such as in AVP, seeing how easily a single pred can decimate a squad of armed men with ease in the other films means that against 3 of them, the marines wouldn't stand a chance.

stalker.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

The only thing worse then aliens OR predators is aliens AND predators...

deathdrop1.jpg

i ment if only a party of predators the size of the one in avp were in the colony. no aliens

And they are blooded or non..? Oh well, here's my thoughts:

Blooded- If one team of the best of the best couldn't survive ONE Blooded Pred (PREDATOR, Jungle Hunter), then one random marine team couldn't survive three of them

Unblooded- Depends.

00Blo_sig9.5.PNG

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Umm.. I don't really understand the whole situation. If it's like what i think it is, then the marines wouldn't survive. Drenton already said what i was gonna say, lol, it's really only common sense. If most of tha marines didn't survive for more than an hour with only Xenomorph to handle, it would be worse if there were Yautja there too

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

Quinn, that'll be enough. It's called an opinion.

deathdrop1.jpg

Oh. Mkay... I agree with Doc, Cory and DD.

Marines+Pred Clan= One of them (*cough* Marines) going to hell.

Marines+One Pred= Depends, but one sided on the marines.

00Blo_sig9.5.PNG

I'm agreeing with Cory, DD, Bloo, and Doc. I mean, the Marines were (Pretty much) wiped out in Aliens, and I doubt that they would have lived about 30 minutes if there were preds there too.

Drenton.jpg

No, it is simply because that it's just common sense that 30 or so marines against a hive, and several Predators(Or clan, as you were rather unclear), wouldnt last as long as they did with just the Hive. Think about the logic. Most of the marines got killed in about 25 minutes of entering the colonal building. Throw in some Predators, who can easily kill a man, and the marines don't have a high survival rating.

This may sound like I'm angry at you, but I'm not. If you want to get mad at me, go ahead.

Drenton.jpg

i want asking a thing except i was siply stating that the marines would have won....

and here are my reasons

1 they has motion sensors there goes the coak

2 advanced weapons

3 they were more prepared than either of the 2 groups that faced preds before

4 its the future...

the_doctor, Undefined, 17 years ago

ok reasons dont make much sense to me....

1. the motion sensers wouldnt help them, like in the scene where the xenos are crawling through the roof, i didnt see a marine just fire into open air. if a pred was there they wouldnt have fired unless the saw something move.

2. the preds would have advanced weapons also so this would be countered, also like in Preadtor the marines wouldnt really have a chance to really use their weapons against a pred.

3. how are they more prepared? they dont know anything about xenos let alone preds so they dont have a anymore experience at killing preds than Dutch's team.

4. whats that got to do with anything?

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

yeah,realy,i agree Doc..id say the preds have more advanced weapons than those marines..so what if they have motion sensors..preds have high tech helmets,lock-on plasma casters..and even though its the future..dont u think the preds would have improved their weapons and so forth?

coryscarfacev2.jpg

An entire clan of Preds? Not a chance in hell. One? Probably.

deathdrop1.jpg

hows that quinn?

coryscarfacev2.jpg

I don't get the real question. Is it marines can wipe out Preds, Preds can wipe out marines, or Aliens can whoop both of their a$$es?

00Blo_sig9.5.PNG

yea i dont get what your asking eather? can you please tell me and bloo what you mean?

KingofKings.jpg

if you can see this your dead!

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Maybe, but that is largely because areas like the colony are what xenomorphs thrive upon. Tight corridors, sharp turns, expansive ventilation systems, and multiple levels make for extraordinary hiding locations, and all those constrained spaces makes a xenomorph's lack of ranged weaponry negligible. This, in addition to their melee capabilities and acidic blood, spelled slaughter for the marines in Aliens.

45324912.jpg

"If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone." - Michael Corleone