What happened if Grid became a warrior in AVP?

Alienation, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Would he still have the markings on his head left by the predator, or would it heal when he reached warrior form?

new-Alienation-sig.jpgI Am A Drone Alien Of The Hive

Stalker, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Grid was not a warrior. Warriors have indented skulls which form as they mature, as seen in Aliens. I assume some sort of scar would still be left afterwards though, as the cuts were quite deep. Although not much is known about how aliens can heal, I still doubt that grid would have been able to heal those cuts without leaving any mark even after he had eventually become a warrior.

thorndesignssig.jpg

black_warrior, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think Dave said in a topic like this some time ago-

"As the skin tightens around the aliens skull when it changes into a warrior, the grid marks may be scarred and stretched alittle."

not an exact quote but pretty much what i remember. i guess it is pretty much what
-(Bloo)- meant.

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Personally, I disagree with that because xenomorphs have to have some sort of healing system in order for them to remain such large organisms and to prevent infection. Every successful organism has some sort of healing capability, otherwise they would never survive.

When we saw Grid in the film, his wounds had already stopped bleeding towards the end of the movie. That is still not enough time to totally heal. Given time, his cuts would have healed and been covered by flesh.

If Grid's wounds did not heal totally, then there would be some sort of scar. They would definitely not stay that way.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Mishmuf, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

We don't know for sure. But if I had to guess, I'd say the grids would still be there because the change on the skull wouldn't affect the wounds on it's head.

Mishmufsig.jpg

Crow, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think what they're trying to say is that Grid wasn't a warrior, but the costume designs for the xenomorphs have changed over the years. The xenomorphs you saw in AvP were simply of the newest design, though they were not warriors.

Warrior xenomorphs are defined simply by their age. As they develop, their domed heads begin to become pitted and they develop a pattern of indents on either side of their cranium.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Unknown, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Grid was drone if alien get older see on skull like in movie aliens ar warriors older and see on skull (Grid is drone)

predalien of shadow serpents

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream

Uh....what?

SigIMalus.jpg

For a Marine: War is life, and Death is the only true Peace. (I wanna be an Alpha Draconis member, GO MARINES!!!)

FrozenAlien, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

uhm, i don't think Grid was a Warrior, Dark Blade Bug, because he and the Warriors in Aliens look very different

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

Grid... A warrior? No offense, but as tough as he was, that's a clear "no".

The designs for the creatures changed over the years - every Adult-Alien in AVP was a drone, excluding the Queen. It would be far too early for any of them to be Warriors.

Yes, but comparing Grid and the Warriors from Aliens, there is a significant difference.

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Umm....guys, I think he was ALREADY a warrior.

Think about it...the tail is the giveaway, in the first ALIEN, the drone had a tail with a weird hook thing on the end, not the gigantic blade that grid had. And remember the bugs from ALIENS, from memory, those were warriors as well.

So no change, I reckon.

SigIMalus.jpg

For a Marine: War is life, and Death is the only true Peace. (I wanna be an Alpha Draconis member, GO MARINES!!!)

FrozenAlien, Xenomorph, 17 years ago

I think i asked the same question before. lol if i remember, it wouldn't be there if he would grow to become a Warrior

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

No, the grid scars are on the outter dome, and when the Drone ages, the they sort of "melt" some how. The markings that are on the Warrior happen to be some places of the brain (I think).

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Exactly what I was getting it. Thank you BW.

00Bloo_sig02.png

Your Welcome man. Btw nice sig.

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg

Thanks, don't know about the text though.

Anyway, the marks would still technically be there, but it would be very hard to see. Sorry, I can't explain, some of you already know that I wouldn't even explain how to make Tang right.

00Bloo_sig02.png

lol

do you mean that the marks would still be there but hard to see, but with raised skin where the marks would be. sorta like if a human gets a scar it leaves raised skin in it's place.

Blackwarrior-sig.jpg