How would you have done AvP?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

Let's hear how some of the members here would have done AvP.

EDIT: Here's mine.

LONG after Predator 2, but LONG before Alien (somewhere in between), a group of the earliest "truckers in space" land their ship in a docking bay on a jungle planet to make repairs, ect. They have just come back from picking up some “special cargo†from a Weyland-Yutani space station in another galaxy. They're now stuck on the jungle planet until the repairs are finished. They quickly find that there was another party here who have now gone missing. The sole survivor, a marine, tells them that his squad was sent there to capture “a convictâ€Â. Soon enough, three of their party are killed by an unseen force. As the movie progresses, they realize that they are dealing with a hostile sedient life form. A Hunter of some type... A Predator... Upon further questioning, it’s revealed that the government sent the squad there not to find any convict, but to capture a creature who’s been causing trouble on Earth since before the Pyramids. Searching for supplies in the ship, they decide to open up the "special cargo" the ship was carrying. Guess what's inside? WHAM! Facehugger. WHAM! Chestburster. WHAM! Alien. As the group is cut down to a skeleton crew by the two monsters, a crazed plan is developed… Have them fight. The plan falls apart, however, when they find themselves caught in a battle to the death between the two most terrifying monsters in the universe!

Or something like that.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

THAT^ is pretty Awesome.

Mine would be like the same but pretty much the story of The Rpg: Damnation.

Aliens are in the research lab and kill some guys.

Predators find a signal of aliens so they go down to hunt.

Marines get a distress signal or something and go down there too. Then Massive WAR.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 18 years ago

the sad thing is to do a proper alien versus predator movie there whould have to be sequals like lord of the rings or it whould have to be one massive 5 hour movie like gullivers travels. i say this because to make a good and proper alien versus predator movie you cant rush the story. you whould have to do a better explation of why predators hunt xenomorphs, where they both come from, why it was happening then, scenery and why that scenery, proper usage of both speices, and finally a good and proper ending.

the problem is the alien versus predator movie we already have is it didnt live up to these expectations. maybe it was the directors fault or maybe it because FOX are people who squeeze every penny trying to make more money (meaning the underfunded knowing alot of people whould go see it) but obviously it was rushed. and you cant do that with such a complex storyline.

so i suppose what i whould do different is make sure i got the proper funding and amount of time i needed to make the movie. as well as either making it into sequals, or just one huge movie. (id prefer the llord of the rings approach) and of course not focus one mainly on one side. even though i am more of a alien fan then a predator fan got to make sure it is equal. also i whould defenitly not make such a predictable ending.

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

Time, you got that right. It would've need time. And horror elements like the original movies, now it's just an action flick with cool creatures running around and killing each other clean. I missed the skinned and chestbusted bodies, collecting trophies. The little movements showing who's superior. Th emovie was so light, if I can say, even you hardly saw anything rofl

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

navyspaz, Yautja, 18 years ago

I would have made it alot more aliens and predators, and predators didnt give lex a chance like they did, I thought that was stupid, I can understand predators leaving her but not helping her.... and id like to be a deep cave the alien hive, and Predaliens :) and a bunch of marines that were investigating the Predator ship that crashed, because the queen broke loose in the ship and killed tons of predators. or something like that....

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.:Navyspaz Forum:.

avpunlimited, Yautja, 18 years ago

I would have made it so 25 elders go to a colonized planet with weapons such as, SHOULDER MOUNTED MOCRO MISSILE LAUNCHER's, burners, portable PLASMA BOLT CANNONs, and more, But the colonized planet had like 100 hives. And the humans best marines went to the planet as well.
I agree with pretoreas and hyro the movie was rushed they should have made it scary, intense, and graphic. With alot of the best of both speciese like predators best weapons that they use for war better than weapons for the hunt, and the aliens should have been alot more scary, horrofieing, and there should have been predaliens, need predaliens, it should have been three hours of entense seens, the movie they made was so "LAME"

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...