predators assimalate technology?

kerrigan, Undefined, 18 years ago

im wonder are predators really smart or do they absorb technolgy of fallen foes into their system? i ask this cause in predator the elder gives danny a human pistol. that means the predator owned and i assuming used it. so whats that from stoping them from possibly taking other races technology? what if the netgun, plasma casters, combisticks wernt really their idea?

i suppose it really whouldnt change anything but its just a thought

i am he as you are he as you are me as we are all together -john lennon

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

Actually there was a comic, based on that pistol.

A predator had been tracking the captain of a pirate ship. When the Predator decided it was time to kill him, he had a mutiny. Strangly enough, the Predator fought the mutineres along side the captain. When they thought it was over, the Predator and the captain turned to face each other. When a still alive, yet injured crewmen shot the captain. Ticked that his kill was taken. The Predator over-killed the crewman, he destroyed him. He then went to the captain, who had a pistol in his hand. He gave it to the Predator and said, "Take it." (sound familiar) The Predator in turn, out of honor or not no one knows why, placed his prize staff next to the captain and repeated, "Take it." The captain grined and died, and the Predator left.

-=!!!MY SKULL!!!=-

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

The pistol, to the Predator, was a trophy. Harrigan had won a fair fight, so the Pred awarded it to him.

-=!!!MY SKULL!!!=-

Cloaked_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah and maybe that elder was also in a challenging fight so he took the pistol aswell as the oponents skull i guess lol.

CH.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 18 years ago

They didn't use the pistol, Just kept it as a reward...

CorrectOtangMadeSig.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

good point kerrigan, i have thought of the same thing before. from the movies, i cant tell if they have assimilated the technology or if its their own..

they are rather barbaric however. so i have played with the idea that the hunt is simply a past time, that back on their home planet they have a regular civilization, with government and science that is able to produce the technology. if not, if they are just nomadic hunters, i beleive they indeed stole the tech. otherwise, they may be billions of years older then us to have such a barbaric lifestyle and hav time to slowly develop the tech.

by the way i see u want to go it itt tech, i went there for something else, but the credits dont transfer if u ever want to join a university....u have to take the courses over again

Image hosting by Photobucket
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Very good point. I cant imagine the yautja stealing technology. It doesnt tie in wright with the honour concept. The pistol was definately a gift for fighting well. I doubt the predator would rather use it than it's plasma caster.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah. Why shoot somthing with a gun, when you can immolate it with a plasma caster, right?

Cheese is natures fudge. Napalm is natures toothpaste.
Lehma

Yea, im going to have to agree with it being a trophy. Like you say, why use it when u have a plasma-caster.

This space for lease

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

well my thing on this is that they built most of their own tech, like we build tech to entertain and improve life eg tv,comps, ipods ect. they build tech to better the hunt.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

SHREDDERRR, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah and scar face had a good point

to be or not to be anhilated thats the deadly questionmy-other-sig.gif

Their weapons are also very pred suitable. U have weapons that suit your hunting style. Their weapons are perfect for the way they hunt. Too much so to have been stolen i think

This space for lease