Alien Strains

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

In the Alien films, there were three separate Xenomorph strains. One was the one in Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3, all these being born from the same queen(though this may actually be two subspecies as there were two Queens in the trilogy, one who laid the eggs of the Derelict in Alien, and one who laid the ones in Aliens and the ox alien from Alien 3). The next was in Resurrection, this subspecies(strain) having an abnormal amount of human genes, making them more intelligent an creating a horrendous hybrid. The last strain we know of in the films was the AvP aliens, which matured rapidly,and were probably created by the Predators. Well, my question is which strain was the deadliest or most efficient. Also, post your theories on how these strains relate to each other. This may be a good discussion that brings the site back to its glory days. So please post.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~
http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Avp freak- "I reckon that Weyland-Yutani found the Queen under the water in AvP, bred a hive, giving the corporation lots of valuable info, the hive was destroyed when predators came to stop the company from breeding them, then Weyland-Yutani started sending people into space while being stalked and watched by their new adversaries, the Yautja."

the eggs were in the space jockey ship right? and where would the space jockeys be in this timeline? how would they get the eggs if the hive was destroyed by preds?

(sorry if i am going off topic kinda)

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Blooded Of Balatu

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

gotta go for aliens.they were organised and efficient,and if they did not do the job,the big mamma came out and showed em how.avp aliens were different in the fact that they were not as clinical or seemed to be a little less organised (or maybe that was andersons fault)

THROW.JPG

was the ox alien not descended from the queen in aliens?

THROW.JPG

Yeah it was.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

~For centuries, human beings have worshipped these beasts as gods, beasts that will forever haunt us, beasts waging an eternal war.....~

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

aliens for sure, they seemed to show the most intelligence out of all the strains, they were organized as harrigan said, they were able to cut the power, operate the elevator, choosing the best moments to attack(when the queen was tying to protect the eggs). And i mean it was that one queen that sorta spread out throughout the other movies if you know what i mean (the ox alien, the queen in alien rez). My theory is well, not really different then what ya said :P

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

it would be interesting to see the timeline from avp to alien/aliens.what u think happened in between?

THROW.JPG

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

Humans Improved in they're technology lol.

~~~~~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~~~~~FEET FIRST INTO HELL~~~~~BALATU MEMBER~~~~~

seriously,what happened in between,avp was based in 2004.alien was based in 2???,and aliens was 57 years later,what happened in the missing years.

THROW.JPG

I reckon that Weyland-Yutani found the Queen under the water in AvP, bred a hive, giving the corporation lots of valuable info, the hive was destroyed when predators came to stop the company from breeding them, then WEyland-Yutani started sending people into space while being stalked and watched by their new adversaries, the Yautja. That's actually my idea for AvP2. The deadliest alien strain in my opinion was the one in AvP. They matured FAST, they killed for the sake of killing, they were intelligent(Grid using acid from tail, drones setting their queen free), and they used their environment to their killing advantage more than in the other films.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

sounds good avpfreak.lets hope they read the site b4 making it.

THROW.JPG

Aliens wasn't 57 years after Alien, Ripley wouldn't be alive, or did you mean 57 years after AvP?

~~~~~YOUR DESTRUCTION, IS THE WILL OF THE GODS, AND WE ARE THEIR INSTRUMENT~~~~~FEET FIRST INTO HELL~~~~~BALATU MEMBER~~~~~

Actually, Aliens was 57 years after Alien. Ripley was kept alive during hypersleep. In the special edition of Aliens, it showed that her daughter had aged to past 60 when she was gone and died. Paul W.S. Anderson stated in the AvP DVD that Alien took place 150 years after AvP.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

yeah i know that.i was saying when was alien based

THROW.JPG

hunter aliens WAS 57 years after alien.

THROW.JPG

Okay, sorry, didn't remember.

It's okay man, no problem. Anyone have things to post on the attributes of separate subspecies? Or on the strains outside the movies(such as books, games etc)?

Blood-Bath3.jpg

Was the AvP strain's lifecycle rate really so different than the rest? The amount of time the hugger remains on the host or the chestburster within it could depend on the host's metabolism or if hostile organisms are around(Nostromo's crew in Alien was around Kane almost the whole time). Also, in AvP, the chestburter came out of Rouseau so fast because every other possible threat around it was comatose. Then there's the alien drones' growth rate. Who's to say that it didn't take the aliens in the other films that short to grow? We just never saw the alien adults once the chestbursters ran away because the characters were busy formulating a plan and not looking for the monsters. But in AvP, the creatures found the humans in a short amount of time, for they(humans) proceeded towards them. It may only take minutes for the bursters to grow to adults.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

best aliens were definately the aliens aliens. Out of all the aliens, they had the most time to mature, become tougher, and more cunning then the others. I think they all grow really fast, to their height, then they just get better once they mature a bit. one question, how long did it take the marines to get to lv-426? Im thinking that the aliens would continue to develop, do u people think the aliens in part2 were fully matured/developed? Or would they have continued to change if those damn marines hadnt come barging in

This space for lease

They were fully developed. It probably took at least a few weeks for the marines to get there. Their heads were more advanced and detailed than the creatures in the other films.

Blood-Bath3.jpg

I liked the Xenomorphs from Aliens. They looked extremely cool. If only they made snap kits of proper warrior aliens. They were alos more orginized. Even though they died by the hundreds.

Bow chicka wow wow. What ever that means.