The film that inspired Alien...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

Has anyone seen "IT! The Terror from Beyond Space!"? For those who don't know, it's the movie that inspired Alien.

deathdrop1.jpg

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

The Alien itself was inspired by Necronom V, but several plot elements came from TFBS. The film is VERY old; mid fifties I believe. You’d be amazed how similar the two films are.

deathdrop1.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

how old is it? where can you find it? and have you seen it? cause now that i know that i want to see it.

blackwarriorssig.jpg

Hunting For The Ultimate Prey

Soldier, Yautja, 18 years ago

black warrior, I've sen it at Blockbuster for rent, but it may be hard to find anywhere esle because it is pretty old.

Soldier.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

seeing how old alien is and that that movie inspired alien means it has got to be old.

blackwarriorssig.jpg

Hunting For The Ultimate Prey

predalien_64, Yautja, 18 years ago

I know about the film but i've never seen it.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 18 years ago

Kewl film and to be honest I always thought it was the comics which inspired the alien (Dan O' Bannon showed us a few comics this included which inspired the alien in the bonus disc of the quadrilogy) however it is not impossible to find. (eBay is fantastic I have never won a bid though)

Halloween Logo re-created by Nick

Quinn, Yautja, 18 years ago

lol ill check it out next time i go to blockbuster. but i always thought that the alien itself was inspired by Gigers Necrome5 art. but u were talking about the whole story right?

"This time the B!tch Is Back

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

I think I may have heard of that movie, but I've never seen it, if it inspired Alien, it must be ancient

stalker.jpg