predator strength

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

k in avp you now how when the pred and alien fought hand to hand i was wondering cause in the movie when the pred throughs the alien it's hard for him and i was wondering did he just not be fit or are the aliens weighing more or are the preds never use hand to hand combat and only ever use there weapons?

KingofKings.jpg

if you can see this your dead!

yea I suppose.

KingofKings.jpg

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

Just wondering how does a face hugger fataly wound someone if its torn off(is it because the tube goes into the hosts throat)

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Did you see the nails on that thing? Not to mention how easy it is to make those things bleed.

00Alien_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

yea no dout look on cute facehuggers pic and look at the nails and yea to mention on that in alien 1 it was real easy to cut it's legs off

though it was a laser cutter or was it it was along time since i seen it
KingofKings.jpg

again i never thought of that i'm forget full today so yea i guess that the preds would be stronger but i was wondering about hajous qeustion how come the pred couldn't get the face hugger off? like ripley could?

KingofKings.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

That was a complete movie flaw. Why the facehugger leaped at Ripley 8 in the first place doesn't make sense, as she was in a way, one of their own kind, & she wouldn't have been able to pull that facehugger off in the first place, because once they lock in, they're practically impossible to get off without a painful death for the host. So even though scar may have had the physical strength to simply tear the facehugger off of him, if he had attempted, he would have severely mangled himself & most likely killed himself in the process.

stalker.jpg

no i was wondering in aliens when ripley kept the face hugger of of her and then it's tail rapped around her i know if no one was there she would of kept it off but choked to death probably

KingofKings.jpg

well Ripley was able to stop the facehugger from actually attaching itself to her, the tail wraps around the host's throat on impact to force the host gasp for air, at which point the facehugger's embryo tube would be inserted into their mouth. The tail was choking Ripley but thae facehugger itself hadn't managed to attach itself. Scar on the other hand was completely unprepared for the attack & therefore unable to try & defend himself before the hugger managed to attach itself.

stalker.jpg

yea i guess

KingofKings.jpg

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

What doesnt make scence to me is if a pred is a lot stronger than a human, how come scar couldnt rip the face hugger that got on him off his face.

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

yea thats actually a good qeustion cause in aliens ripley can hold the face hugger off her face

KingofKings.jpg

Both aliens & preds are extremelly strong. An average drone would probably be at least 3 or 4 times stronger than the average adult male human. A preds' strength would probably be even greater in my opinion, on average having the physical strength of 5 or more men combined. The aliens' strongest part of their body though is probably their tail, while their physical form is still very powerful, their tail most likely brandishes the majority of their strength, for reference of this, look at the scene where chopper gets impaled by grid. On average a predator would probably weigh around 350-400lbs, & grid lifted chopper like a paperweight, so xenomorphs are defenintly not lacking in the strength department.

Predators though, operate in a similar way to humans, their physical form clearly showning where the strength comes from. Predator's muscles are extremelly well toned & strengthened, probably from centuries of training, & they are able to excert an incredible amount of power. One of the better references to their strength is in the climax of AVP, where scar grabs the large chain attached to the queen, & pulls against it with enough force to drag the queen backwards. Almost like a game of tug-o-war with a 2.5 tonne monstrosity, that the queen was losing.

To conclude this, both predators & aliens are very powerful, but I firmly believe that predators have the strength advantage, & being able to haul the queen backwards probably means that it wouldn't be just drones that the preds could overpower either.

stalker.jpg

oh ok that helps a little lol

KingofKings.jpg

Mm, really? I was just basicly explaining how Celtic felt in that fight. Heheh, and I to comment it earlier, but nice sig.

00Alien_sig01.png

i hope they do reply but yea i think he got cocky and that was his down fall

(oh and thx for the compliment)
KingofKings.jpg

Well I think that the preds are much,much stronger than aliens(no offense to you alien fans) and I find proof in this cus in Predator1 in one scene Ducth charges the pred and JH simply smacks him and Ducth goes flying. Now I agree with Bloo both Aliens and preds are stronger than humans but I simply think preds are stronger. I never saw an alien slap a human and send it flying (although this might be becuase the aliens usually jump thier opponents). And I never saw a sign or grunt that told us Celtic was having a hard time either. Well thats all I have to say.

Hunt or be Hunted...Kill or be Killed....Check before you enter cus the chances are ya aint gonna make it.Welcome to AVP

It wasn't really hard for him, it was just he was just toying with Grid and was too confident with himself. Grid wasn't weak though, it was because Celtic kept getting him when Grid didn't have a real chance to strike. It finally came when Celtic decided to take a moment to watch the thing that would kill him.

The Predator's strength is definetly higher up the scale than a human's. Alien's strength? Same thing, higher than human. It's just that it depends on what Celtic liked to do. I believe he was more of a chump than it concluded. He DID only use his wrist blades, his strengths AND his smarts, but his confidence got the better of him. Maybe Dave or Stalker will get this better than me.

00Alien_sig01.png

The facehugger firmly attaches itself to the prey's face, possibly aided by some kind of secreted substance that helps it stay firmly locked to the host's face. The facehugger is actually attached so tightly that if removal is attempted, the host's face can actually be torn off. It may also have something do do with the fact that the facehugger is feeding the host oxygen during impregnation, as well as causing severe external damage if removed, it could possibly trigger some kind of self-defense mechanism where it completely drains the host of all it's oxygen & prevents it from breathing unless it is re-attached, much like a drowning victim that has been brought to the surface, just because they're once again in an oxygen-rich environment, doesn't mean that they will begin to breathe on their own again.

stalker.jpg

hey stalker do the huggers supply oxygen so they will keep breathing so the embryo can get down faster?

KingofKings.jpg

They supply the host with oxygen because without it, the facehugger would be smothering them. This is getting a little off topic, but if u wanna create a topic about facehuggers so we can continue this discussion then that's fine.

stalker.jpg