Your strategy on AVP: Extinction

Scar_Face, Undefined, 18 years ago

What is your best strategy, your choice of spiecies, on AVP: Extinction?

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

ye lol its not briliant if u like stratagy games looc els wair

the game hase too mane flaws the marines are to powerfull the preds arnt powerfull enough and wel the aliens the game just ruind them there not neerly good enough plus they gave them a whole bunch of stupid face aliens

Balatuclansig6Mavrick.jpg

predalien_64, Undefined, 18 years ago

You need a hell of a lot of infestation points to make 20 praetorian eggs.

24200030516.jpg

Predalien of the Shadow Serpents

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Here's my stratagy - if anyone buys you this game, pour lighter fluid all over it and burn imediately.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

once id gaterd my hole force id groop them all with the comtec and the 2 sinthetics in the middle of the groop and every 1 els defending them ..then the whole groop moves from place to place killinething in its path only stoping to replace men that died

Technically, you can do the replace thing for everybody. You see, you get some form of credits for every kill. And you can use these credits to buy reinforcements.

It's actually more difficult for the Aliens because they have to actually go out and retreive their bounty. The others just plain summon them.

MY SKULL!!!

Wait! I thought that whether you had a Preatorian or not, if the Queen dies it's game over. Was I mistaken?

HEY HEY HEY!!

I think all of there new creations are cool. Sure they don't fit into the Alien or Predator franchise, but they're still pretty cool. And no, this game wasn't intended for children. It has blood, violence, and a difficulty level that would stump most children.

I'll never admit that the Vanguard, the Ravager, and the others are worthy of either franchise. But they were very original, and neat ideas. I'de rather have them than the silly Newborn, which is sadly in the Alien Cannon.

-=!!!MY SKULL!!!=-

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

lol, I gotta back up dave's idea. It's a terrible game that makes a complete mockery of both franchises. All kinds of stupid predators & downright ridiculous aliens have been created for the game. Looking through them, you can barely keep yourself from pi$$ing yourself laughing at some of the ridiculous creations such as alien ravagers & predator vanguards. Honestly, I hired that game once because I was bored & I was just thinking to myself the second I loaded it up "what the hell were the makers of this game smoking to design this rubbish?". I have no idea how anybody could take ANYTHING from that game as being true to the franchises, it's a complete mockery that seems to have been created for 5 year olds who have no appreciation of aliens & predator & just think of them as silly monsters.

stalker.jpg

Aliens, over power them, take there wounded to replace you're fallen troops. Aliens rock!

24200030516.jpg

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

i put an alien anywhere start laying eggs make a egg upgrade, make all of my aliens defend the queen and make about 20 praetorian facehuggers all roam around lookin for hosts..then after just make everyone destroy the enemy......LOL it works every time!!

davii.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

Kill.

~~~~~HUNT THEM DOWN~~~~~

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Extinction is a terrible game!!!!!

Good games are more like splinter cell/devil may cry/metal gear solid.....

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

why is it always daveberg and you, stalker who are (no offence) alwaying that a great games is rubbish?

davii.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

i also think the game wasnt that good but it was the only avp game i had before predator:cj. and the bad parts of extinction were- parts of group wonder off. not enough aliens or preds or marines. the enemey had more than the limit of population. ravager killed instead of put in comatose. carrier was too weak. warrior aliens were made from humans instead of going from drone to warrior. and game was TOO EASY. nvm the whole game pretty much $ucked.

im.jpg
Stalk, Hunt, Kill

My Marine strategy is this...

-1: Buy medics until you have a multiple of 2, that way they can heal each other.
-2: Buy Infantry till you're out of money.
-3: Scour the map for Atmo's
-4: Every Atmo usually has a landing beacon nearby, so after draining the Atmo buy upgrades for the Infantry, the Medic, and maybe the Com-Tech.
-5: Any left-over cash should be used to buy more infantry.
-6: Repeat until the population limit is reached.
-7: Gather everyone into one huge group, and work towards the mission's goal.

-=!!!MY SKULL!!!=-

Blasted Computer!

Sweet, but once you have them how would you group them. All in one party, or leave a few behind with the Com Tech, or what?

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Lv 7 aliens.
stick queen in cave. lay eggs, get hosts and attack marines till all are dead. put queen in marine base and put 3 aliens in every entrance. put praetorian in cave with 2 aliens in entrance and 2 to gaurd praetorian. attack and destroy all enimies and use marines or preds as hosts. if queen dies make anoithe one and repeat over and over

im.jpg
Stalk, Hunt, Kill

I am better with aliens then anything else. and then preds are my second best.

24200030516.jpg

My Alien strategy is this...
Step 1:Stick the Queen in a corner of the map.
2: Lay Eggs
3: Place three or four Ravagers as guards.
4: Drones place nodes everywhere so they act like sentry posts.
5: Drones place eggs in random places out and around the Queen. This serves as quick hosts and quicker kills.
6: Use Warriors as like hunting parties for hosts. Only two or three parties would be most efficient.
7: About 1 or 2 Carriers per party.
8: After reaching the population limit, turn the hunting parties into units, and work towards the mission's objectives.

pump up my force to the max with pulce rifal guyse except fore 1 com teck and 2 smart gunners and 1 sinthetic