Alien Gender?

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

What gender do you think that the Xenomorphs have? I personally think that they are like certain West African frogs, that is, they can change their gender to match their current siruation, or more likely, their Hives current situation. Or they are genderless.

Thanks for clearing this up guys. It's just a read a really strange theory at some Xeno site.

"Since I guess that the young males are driven from the hive when they reach sexual maturity, the 'Hive' xenomorph must be females. The Queen probably produces some kind of phereomon so that the females woun't reach sexual maturity. If these females reach sexual maturity, they would develop into queens themselves and the hive would break up. The Queen probably uses pheromons and smell for other kinds of control as well."

link-age
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/8421/xenomorph.html

Dalkar, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ya your probably right TDN

Death is only the Beginning

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

To Soldier: Actually, I take quite a liking for action oriented movies. That's why Aliens IMO still beats Alien by a long shot.

To Dalkar: Yeah well that's more on the lines of making Xenos more like bees. I find that, even though I haven't read many of the books, and just by seeing their ideas and sypnosis, that they are making Xenos more of an insect-like race than even Cameron probably intended to make them.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

the aliens dont real have genders however they are baist on ants and in a colany of ants there is only 1 mail and he fertalises the queen then dies lol

Gemma01Mavrick.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

The Queen and the Preatorian are female, everything else is male, including the Carrier and Ravager, the preatorin switches gender to become a Carrier or Ravager, if you want to include them. The Newborn..... no idea.

~~~~~Feet First Into HELL~~~~~

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

I know Davii, but like I said in that post, "if you want to include them", still, Extinction or not, all but the Queen and the Preatorian are male anyway.

~~~~~Feet First Into HELL~~~~~

Dalkar, Undefined, 18 years ago

I wouldnt think xenos have any gender. but the book Aliens: Nightmare Asylum said that there were some males and they duke it out to mate with the queen. I dont know if the books can be right on situations like this.

Death is only the Beginning

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

To Mavrick: I've never been quite fond of the idea of Xenos being similar to ants or insects. And saying that they are based on insects, that I just have to disagree. I mean, the first Xeno was from Alien, and that one had nothing in common to insects. It didn't have a hive, nor a queen nor does it crawl like it did in Aliens. Aliens (no matter how much I like this movie) has one major flaw, in that it turned the Xenos from perfect killing creatures into giant ants that could be killed en masse easily.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

TDN, I couldn't agree any more. Thats why in my opinion, Alien, beats Aliens. Back on topic, aliens don't have a gender.The queen, is always fertile, so it doesn't need a mate. Aliens asexually reproduce, so gender would be a waste of resources to them.

Soldier.jpg

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

hunter....avp extinction isnt based on true alien facts....like carriers look kool but theyre not in a hive

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

supersonicman96, Undefined, 12 years ago

I personally think that their all females but thats just because the only time I've heard about an alien king was in a comic book and that one was made by weyland scientist. But i'm open to any other information.

Dark, Undefined, 12 years ago

i think they are all females cause Spartan in AVP3 kept refering to the Serpents as she but if thats true and Six is a girl and the Elite pred is a boy o.o and when Celtic was killed by grid and she/he/genderless roared it looked like it humped Celtic's dead body. And by the way I dont think they reproduce like humans I think if they reproduce naturally they maybe might another species or maybe even facehug themselves

Predlover22, Undefined, 11 years ago

I think thier like ants.

There all males except for the queen whom is a female that lays only one egg that contains a female xenomorph that will become the next queen when the current one passes on.