Protection

AVSP, Undefined, 17 years ago

how much does the helmet and the other things protect??? because many times the pred doesen't have his helmet on

If You Dont Follow The Rules You Are The Victim

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

i have a question thort of about protection but not really, its why are the chains holding the queen in avp not acid proof like scars dagger that he makes lex's weapon and armor with

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 17 years ago

in AvP there were alotta flaws in the armor, it didn't protect as much and to make it worse, they had more on them. In the earlier Yautja films those guys had less armor and even bullets didn't peirce that armor well enough. Oh and what everyone else said lol

---------------------------
Kainde Amedha of the Hive

00FA_sig04.5.PNG

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Teh spoon is non-existant! The blue or red pill? But really though, thats the way most movies function now-a-days.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

@Stalker: You know what those AVP Predator death scenes remind me of? Of that one scene in Species where that woman/alien hybrid kissed that man she didn't like and forced her tongue through his skull, letting it tickle out the back of his cranium. Highly unlikely with a tongue, especially since the hybrid's tongue was technically human-like and soft. Same reason probably why an Alien can burst their inner mouth through bullet-proof metal and 2 inches of skull: it just looks cool. Remember kids! When coolness is involved, all laws of nature are thrown out the window! Unless you are in the Matrix, because there's a reason why you can do that kinda stuff: because there is no spoon! ;P

I guess your right, but it seemed like a personal M16. Or maybe that just how they transpoted it. We can let this die, or we can continue it. I suggest that we let the M16 issue die, unless somone has somthing important to add. *Glances at Stalker*

Drenton.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

They possibly put SWAT and desperate measures together.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

In AvP he jaw went right through the head, and appeared a tiny bit on the other side. Lame.

The alien could make it through the mask that Stalker discribed before me(The real, non-AvP mask), but with many, many attempts. By that time, the Predator would be onto it, unless it was brain-dead. The one thing that strikes me as odd, is how a police-man got his hands on a fully automatic, military issued assault rifle.

Drenton.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice answer! Seriously, I didn't even think of Alien: Resurrection when thinking about this. That very well makes sense, and it goes along good together with the information you had. That was very good... Now I think I know the reason for that mistake.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I personally think that anderson wanted the second jaw to be able to pierce the mask in AVP for the main reasons that he was partly bias against the preds, & to lose the somewhat secure feeling that the mask would provide. Think about it, in the special features & in the commentaries, he is constantly making references to the alien movies, about how much he loved them, etc, etc. While hardly mentioning the pred movies whatsoever. He probably wanted to make the aliens' inner mouth seem stronger than it actually was.

For reference, in Predator 2, when harrigan is firing the M16 at the predator in the abbatoir scene, he lands several shots into the preds' mask & armour, & it doesn't even cause a scratch, & in Alien resurrection, when the alien fires out it's inner jaw against the glass of the holding cell, it doesn't leave any visible damage.

If u think about this, an M16 would have at least left marks on the bulletproof glass, yet there was not even a scratch from the aliens' inner jaw, & the predators mask was unscathed by the M16 fire. Meaning that an aliens inner jaw would not be able to penetrate the preds mask if u look at the situation realistically.
On top of this, preds' skulls r roughly 2.5 inches of solid bone on the crown. So not only would the alien have to get through the mask, but the thick skull of the predator also. Realistically, I don't think an aliens' inner jaw would be able to penetrate a preds mask if u take all of that into account.

stalker.jpg

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

Youd think that the mask would provide at least enough resistance to block an aliens 2nd jaw but unfortunently for celtic they dont

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

Don't forget Gill he also fell victim to head bite while wearing a mask.

differentknife.jpg

There isnt much protection offered by it, as we have seen in the films. But it did prevent a lot of pain for Celtic.

Drenton.jpg

Quinn, Undefined, 17 years ago

the mask isnt so much for protection as it gives the predator the ability to see in other light frequincy and other cool things like that.

"This time the B!tch Is Back

his amor mitt have some portection like if they we fight alien aand acid come out on his amor he can rip it off.

o ya im dead but i still can kill you