Pred 2 Mini Mask

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

remember in predator 2 ..... the predator whilst running away from harrigan , (After having his mask taken of) breath`s through a smaller mask ..... well i read on Jokers predator site that it was because of the intoxicated city fumes ... i personally think there a more obvious rite answer ..... but i just wanted your opinions on what it was for first

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
12123Shadow.png

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

First, we don't know if they were in different clans. The first pred could've just wanted to solo hunt.

Secondly, why would being in a different clan affect your vision? People of different nations don't have different kinds of vision. Vision is based on your DNA, not your affiliation.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

FireHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

perhaps each clan has a different vision without the mask on.because those two preds were in different clans.

Bloodlust and ten thousand years of bitter hatred fuel these Forces of Chaos,driving their relentless crusade to destroy the Emperor and reduce His Imperium to ashes.Let the Galaxy Burn!

Fire-Breather of The Hive

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

There's a number of possibilities for this one.

It's possible that the fumes from the city were making it difficult for the predator to breath, but that seems a little far fetched given the ammount of punishment he took shortly after. It seems like one puff wouldn't be enough. The theory I hear a lot is that he was injured and having trouble breathing. Again, I don't see how one puff would have done anything. It might have been that he needed another means of breathing after his mask was lost (although this is a complete contradiction of the first film)

My opinion? Plot hole. Much like the thermal vision after the mask removal. I'd like to hear your thoughts, though.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think the reason it had 'red infra'-vision was because the one in the first movie had been in a jungle landscape, whilst the Cityhunter had been in a city. Big difference if you ask me. Something to do with the fumes, because I don't think there's going to be hundreds of buildings and the like in the jungle. Maybe villages, but what else are the similarities besides people being in them?

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

It was a plothole in the second movie because the predator did have Thermal Vision without the mask.

And, if it were true that the mask was used for breathing assisstance, why didn't he cough as he laughed? Surely a bullet wound in the lung would limit your ability to talk or laugh without at least coughing, right?

I believe the mask was filled with some kind stimulent. Getting shot 4 times in the chest with a shotgun has to take a lot out of you.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

lol ternal vision after the removal of the mask wasent a plot hole , because that wasent thermal vision ..... anywho

i think its basicaly to aid the predators breathing, the scene prior to this the predator was shot in the chest several times with a shotgun... can you say punctured lung

lol i know there are a few more therioys rolling around .. let me know

Cough , offtopic Nice sigg DD cough

12123Shadow.png

ahh, it was indeed a plot hole in the second , i thought you were refering to the first when the predator took his mask off

lol sorry im not so hot on these predator topics

I do though still feel it was a oxygen aid and i dont think the clans were different

12123Shadow.png

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't really follow the "city fumes" theory myself. Predators breathe oxygen, the same as humans, & obviously have no trouble coping with Earth's environment & atmosphere, so city pollution would give the predators about as much breathing trouble as it would give any other human.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The predator's vision between the 2 movies was clearly a plot hole in my opinion. There's no way that the jungle environment alone would've altered the predator's vision so radically in the first movie, & as for that old "colourblind" theory, if it were true, then he wouldn't have been able to pick out targets with the thermal vision while wearing his mask either.

As for the half-mask in Predator 2, my theory is that it was either a means of inhaling some sort of anaesthetic gas to help him cope with his wounds, or as stated earlier, a breathing apparatus due to a potential punctured lung.

thorndesignssig.jpg

predalienking, Undefined, 17 years ago

they could have implants no couldnt they after they already have a couple neruo connections right?

863866_1.jpg

THe king is hungry so make me a sandwich and do the disco like captain blarg i dont know why but my SKULLL