Do you think the Marines would have won?

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

In ALIENS, when they've just found the colonists and get slaughtered by the aliens, they were down to 2 smartguns, 2 flamethrowers, a shotty and the rest just had to use pistols.

If they all had thier full complement of guns (ie: Pulse rifles, grenades..) do you think they would have had more of a chance?

Well, for starters, Drake was a smartgunner, he didn't have a pulse rifle, and from memory, it was Vasquez that gave him tha ammo magazine.

And that was just two people, TWO PEOPLE! who actually disobeyed orders, half of the Marines (or more) were practically unarmed (I mean what were they supposed to use without ammo, Harsh language?) Sure they were ambushed, and outnumbered, but c'mon, if they were able to use thier full complement of weapons (more than enough to outgun even predators) surely they would have kicked more butt, and probably escaped with a lot more troops intact.

I mean in the last marine battle (When the Xenos came down from the roof) there were only 4 marines with guns (not counting Gorman, since he only had a pistol) and they kicked a lot more in that fight!

I understand that the element of suprise would have had a big impact, but think of the many mini-scenarios that happened in the fight, when frost got owned and his ammo (since he was carrying the whole stash) exploded, that killed 3 marines, now if they all had thier ammo in thier rifles, that would have never happened.

I guess what I'm trying to say Is that, if it was a more even fight, the marines surely would have kicked ass, I mean think of the damage those pulse rifle grenades would have done?

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

they would have but their were in a fire hazerd zone so they wernt sopposed to use their grenades or pulserifles for that matter...but if they had known aliens were there (doubt it)they probably would have had an advantage.

HiveTyrant.jpg The killer of the eders, work for The Hive!

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

well vasquez & drake disobeyed orders & started letting rip with pulse rifles & smartguns (either that or it was just vasquez, as I remember drake giving her a smartgun magazine, although if he was using a pulse rifle he must've switched back to a flamethrower at some point) & they still got their @sses kicked. The aliens had them beat in that situation. They had the numbers advantage, camouflage, & the element of surprise

thorndesignssig.jpg

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, of course they would have had more of a chance.

http://img.sheezyart.com/art/image/86/868194_1.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

hang, on, lol, now I remember. Yeah, I was mistaken, u were right about that one m8. I think that once the marines knew the aliens were there, & if they were fully kitted up, they could've probably kicked some serious @ss. Although, later on in the movie when the aliens break through the perimeter they they had set up, & come through the ceiling, the marines were fully kitted up then with pulse rifles, grenades, the works, & although they did blast a fair bit of aliens to bits, they also lost Hudson, Vasquez & Gorman (& Burke, but who cares about him, lol) so even if marines are fully armed it doesn't mean they will wipe out the aliens without hassle

thorndesignssig.jpg

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

judging just from the name of the title i say no, but if they had pulse rifles and grandes then it would be pretty slim, but in a bright open plain they would be laying waste to the aliens, queen included

00sig02.png
_______________________________________________ #FF0000
detonation!!!

When the time comes, are you prepared to risk everything, and face the wolves?

ya the marines would have had better of a chance but not in the narrow space they had pluse the xenos had the advantage for the walls thats what got the marines but they couldnt fire their ulse rifles cause they were in a damnger zone or hat ever and the smart guns A.K.A incinerators is what they called them in the movie were supoosed to have had their clips collected and then they wrere surprised and were all in disamay and then some retard marine walk over and tryed to pick up the burning bag of ammo for the pulse rifles which killed a couple of them but if the where out in th open or had a good are to fight the xenos and had all their ppl and guns they would have won i think!

<mattspicsig6288.jpgSEMPER FI LOYAL TO THE USMC CORPS