Predators: The Yautja

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

Did they truly need to evolve? on their home planet, at the dawn of life, they had no weapons, they were obviously very powerful and possibly brutish, maybe with more features that the yautja we rpg as today, but did they need to evolve, with their powerful brute strength and intellect for clans, was there some spieces on the planet more powerful than them? did aliens exist on this planet?

tell me your thoughts...

(sorry if this is a noob topic)

00sig02.png
_______________________________________________ #FF0000
detonation!!!

When the time comes, are you prepared to risk everything, and face the wolves?

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

I believe they evolved with their technology when it was given, if not stolen, from a race that is far more intelligent than their's.

But if they DID create their own technology, they would have started even before human knew how to live the basic way we do today.

Again, NO ONE knows any concrete facts until it's proven in the canon story. (Obviously the movie, or a word from the creators)

00Bloo_sig01.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's an interesting pair of reasons, G.o.B., but do you have any facts / information as to how or why they would evolve in such a way, and what adaptations would be responsible for said evolution?

I don't think anyone is denying that the preds evolved, they obviously did, but I think we are questioning what they might have once been and if they are still evolving despite their highly advanced state. I personally believe that they, like all other living organisms, are still evolving, but for what purpose and with what adaptations I do not know.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

I recon that the Yuatja would have evolve of not just because of the aliens and otherlife forms but because of the possible tempurature and the gravity of the planet.

868194_1.jpg

I highly doubt that the yautja ever had an industrial era because their society and ceremonies seem to follow the same lines as the Aztecs. If I were to guess, yautjas do possess slave labor on their home planets, but they do not trust their servants with producing things such as weapons or necessary technology.

I highly doubt that xenomorphs have ever been tamed for three separate reasons:

1) If xenomorphs are the yautja's ancestral predator, taming one would most likely be considered a violation in the predator's code of honor.

2) If xenomorphs could be tamed, then the restraints which have been used on xenomorph queens would not be necessary.

3) Xenomorphs are highly intelligent, and it is for that reason which I doubt that they would ever be tamed. It would be extremely difficult to contain a xenomorph, and even if it could be accomplished I highly doubt that the xenomorph could be broken in. They are simply too vicious and instinctive.

855989_3.jpg

Egg. XD

Whatever laid the egg was close to a chicken, but not quite. One small chromosome difference separated it from being what we call a chicken, and when that embryo was created a small mutation determined by a "faulty" chromosome during its development made it into a chicken.

Seriously, though, it's good to ask people what they think. My stuff is all theory, not the genuine article. Other people may have different theories, but I like to back mine up with facts which can be drawn from the world around us.

855989_3.jpg

jeez, why dont i ask you which came first? chicken or the egg,
u know everything

00sig02.png
detonation!!!

Well, I believe that there may have been some predatory creature(s) at a certain point before the development of weapons and technology, but this most likely was driven to extinction as xenomorphs climbed to the top of the food chain.

Xenomorphs are a invasive species, and their means of reproduction and survival take a heavy toll on any ecosystem. As they rose to become the dominant predator, their predatory teamwork and swiftly growing numbers probably wiped out any previous predators which may have consumed the yautja.

855989_3.jpg

....woah...ure clever, like look at my profile, at my avatar in my profile, its a pred vs a raptor, do you think they also had huge beasts like that were capable of killing aliens and/or predators? in the time befroe the masks and weapons?

00sig02.png
detonation!!!

Hmm well, whatever the yautja were BEFORE they became what they are today was, if I were to guess, much more brutal and physically capable.

Based on simple theories of evolution and physical structuring, it can be assumed that the yautjas were once quadrupedal organisms, which became bipedal in order to spot predators more efficiently.

(That is the only purpose of any organism to develop bipedal capabilities aside from reaching high vegetation)

The yautja were most likely always carnivores, explaining their sharpened teeth and front-facing eyes. This is also why they only sense body heat.

In the past their mandibles must have been larger, allowing their ancestral selves to both bite and seize prey in one swift motion. As the yautja evolved, these mandibles shrank, up to the point where they are only used to protect their jaws, enhance communication, and operate certain machinery.

The ancestral yautja also most likely always had the tough, ridged hide which they possess today, but the flesh their ancestral selves must have been much more durable and resilient than the flesh of the current yautja, whose epidermis has weakened with the introduction of technology and lack of physical abuse.

Their rough claw-like fingernails hint that the yautja also may have used to possess claws for seizing prey and enhanced locomotion, but these have shrank for improved dexterity and bipedal movement.

The tendrils which cover their heads have always been for protection, but in the past this was most likely from the claws and teeth of other yautja and the more fearsome carnivores which they had to aviod.

As time progressed, however, the yautja developed technological advancements which enabled them to eliminate their predators.

I believe that xenomorphs not only existed on the same planet, but that they were actually the yautja's ancestral predator. Because xenomorphs give off no body heat, the yautja must have had to develop masks to view other spectrums in order to combat their timeless foe.

This also helps explain why the yautja consider it a holy ceremony to fight and kill xenomorphs. After all, what better way to prove one's bravery and hunting skills than to kill that which once plagued your ancestors?

855989_3.jpg

jeez any other of lifes mysteries u dont know?

if a tree fall in a forest but noone is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
thats the best i got

and do you think the predators, while they weere advancing, do you think at one period they had an industrial community, liek we do at the present? or do you think they adapted differtently because of the constant alien threat? and do you think they ever managed to tame aliens, even if just for a short period?

00sig02.png
detonation!!!

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

pred.s look almost like klingons that are evolved if u ask me both are violent and have almost the same traditions fight for honour and fight when provoked other wise i know late at posting i am looking through all posts trying to get a feel of preds and the like

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

i dont think they would steaL tech from other things. and they probaly did evolve. what species didnt evovle on our planet that we know of. im not a sciencetist, but arent the preds kinda humanoid?so wouldnt they share some traits like evouvlution?

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Did you ever notice how this site has everything? Cause there`s a link somewhere on this site to the complete biology of the predators, where it shows how they evolved.

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

where where where and aliens tooooooooooo (* giggles with glee*) i can probably know how to kill them faster and better

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Of course, Nostromo. Everything goes through that at one time or another. Even chicken soup.

As for Klingons, they just beat the crap out of you. Predators do that, and THEN they beat the crap out of you again, finishing you off 90% of the time. The other 10% is the three movies the Predators were in.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."