Ever wonder how the Yautja.....

Ghostwind, Undefined, 18 years ago

Hey anyone ever wonder how the Yautja made things so beautiful..they can't see much detail and yet there techonalgy and weapons are beautiful. alot of detail...maybe sence of feel or something..hmm.........

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

i forget who, but it was mentioned that on thier homeplanet, their vision is different from what we call pred tech or thermal vision. thier sun gives off different spectrum of light, which is clear to them, and when they are in our solar system, our sun gives off a different spectrum of light cuasing their site to appear opaque and red as in predator 1. from this, we assume they had perfect vision, enuff to create the technology, and ritualistic art and details in their ships and weapons. i was wondering the same when i asked how they could have built their tech, like all the wires and minut electronic circuit boards, etc. yet have that horrible vision. well that thermal vision was an adaptation in additon to other vision modes, depending on the environment

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Ghostwind, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah..maybe ur right....makes alot of sence, becus you its just like wearing gl when you don't need too. it can ruin ur eyes in away. hmmm. Yeah The Yaugtj must of done that or had slaves build it.

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

my guess is that a long long time ago they had good site but used hier helmets for hunting.then after awhile there site went bad and somehow replaced it with thermal......this is a question for stalker lol

HUNT FOR GLORY,HUNT FOR HONOR,HUNT FOR THE MOON
coryssig.jpg Guan-thwei

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

yep that was right but i never knew about the Sun part i just thought they adapted to that On Earth lol

~Another female on Da Site~

26123392851.jpg

~My names Alexa, and I remember everything~

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

otang is right but there is more than that. On the predators homeworld the light spectrum is supposed to be quite different from ours. Preds eyes are very well adapted to see in that spectrum & their vision would probably be crystal clear on their homeworld. On earth the spectrum is different & the preds vision is altered. There is also speculation that the original pred was colourblind. In pred 2 the pred saw in thermal vision when his mask was removed, that was either a blooper or that he wasn't colourblind as the original was rumoured to be. On the preds homeworld though thay could have probably been able to see what they were doing much easier. There is a scene in pred 2 after he crashes through the wall he uses his medicomp with his mask off. In thermal vision you can still see presice details, this was unapparent in the movie though but thermal vision is actually quite clear.

stalker.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

thats what i said mr stalker lol.

i started playing the demo version of Avp2 and noticed that in thermal vision mode, there are still recognizable details. in conjunction with what stalker says about predator 2 i conclude : 1) yautja don't see in thermal images (like snakes do with the help of thier tongue), its only an adaptation to the environment with the help of the mask' technology to differentiate living prey, therefore, 2) it supports the theory they do have clear vision in thier solar system like some of us think, thereby the thermal vision in pred2 without mask is a blooper and 3) the mask displays an image that blends both clear images at a different background color, yet magnifies and illuminates temperature differences set to specific temperature ranges (so that for example a fire or hot metal machinery won't visiually distract a yuatja by being the most visible object in his sight.

otangmod.jpg
Clan Balatu
Struggle is The Glory