Just tried AvP2 for the first time...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 17 years ago

I tried the demo of AvP2, and I have to say, it was impressive. I went into absolute "fanboy mode" when I went into thermal vision as the pred. Anyone played the complete game? If so, what's it like? Because I was more then pleased with this.

deathdrop1.jpg

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

The game is excellent. If you want a good FPS from the Alien or Predator serise, get it.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

yes avp 2 game is Great and ar cool story of alien,predator,human online is very funny play

in space no one can Hear you scream

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

ah, I thought u'd like the game once u played it DD. It's a great representation of the classic movies, & really gives u that great "feeling" that u get from watching the earier predator & alien movies. I, myself got the game a few years back, & have been loving it ever since, although I think I was lucky to find a copy of it in the first place. It's quite tricky to get a hold of nowadays if u just go from shop to shop looking for it, so I'd suggest going to EB games (or other reliable game shop) & asking them to order u in a copy, either that or buy it off the internet, & it's very cheap, only around $20 (although when I bought it I payed $50 for the gold edition). If u can find it the gold edition is the way to go, as it contains AVP2, & the primal hunt expansion pack, which features 9 new levels & allows u to play as a predalien in single player, amongst other new characters.

The single player campaign of the game is great, very well thought out, & surprisingly creepy in places if ur playing as the marine. Although I have to say that the predator campaign is the best of the lot, there's no greater thrill than leaping through the trees in the first few levels, swiping into thermal vision, & stalking ur hapless prey below before taking one of their heads off with ur blades & letting out the signature predator roar, it feels as though ur actually taking place in the first pred movie, but from the pred's POV, nothing beats that.

Multiplayer is great for the main reason that u can fight each other as both of the infamous killers themselves, along with the marines & corporates. Stalking ur prey is made twice as exhilarating when u rush up behind them & take their head off, only to hear "ah d@mnit, that was a cheapshot" from some noob, lol. The only bad aspect of AVP2's multiplayer is the somewhat clunky combat system & poor collision detection. In most fights, u will simply be strafing & jumping like a madman, while firing/swinging ur weapon wildly into the air in the hopes of hitting ur prey, & fights can occasionally become frustrating, as ur ploughed through by that same runner 5 times in a row because u can barely tell where he is due to the sketchy combat system which often c fights to boil down to "I think I hit him" sort of standoffs, as opposed to a good solid fight, which u rarely get.

Overall though, it is a great game, & defenintly worth buying, especially since it's so cheap. There is no better alien or predator game out there right now that can deliver the kind of thrills, excellence, & that same great feeling that u get from watching the classic movies. It's a must buy.

stalker.jpg

hyroglphsarenice, Yautja, 17 years ago

well deathdrop im glad you like it but for some reason people only want to talk about the mutiplayer... but i think the campagain is where the game really shines. it is a well built story and you can tell they put alot of time and effort into it. even with the "add-ins" (runner, preatorian) they actually made them make sense. and ever since that game i have enjoyed the thought of the praetorian. anywho back to campaign. you get ruffly 8 missions to a race. and each mission ranges from 2 to 8 levels. i rate the campaigns for yeh from 1 to 5 stars 5 being the best...

Marine ***** (5 stars)
out of all the campaigns in the game this is where it was the best. when the action comes it is exalerating. theres nothing quite like going into a xenomorph egg nest trying to rescue a a comrade only to off and awaken hordes of aliens. and defeintly the hair prickiling feeling of being stalked by a predator making you nervous never knowing when its going to attack. with genuinly scary moments in the mission as well as a good plot. this defently is a good campain.

Predator **** (4 stars)
If you were ever a predator fan-boy this is defenitly worth playing. you will enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the tension of your hapless prey as you stalk them, or just learning more t=of the yautja subculture. as for the story in this campain. about half way it will get a bit repitive and bland. but eventually that quickly changes as you charge into a alien hive after your prey...

Alien **** (4 stars)
although the alien campagain is basically a huge slaughterfest if you pay attention you will learn more about the hive as well as how it works. even though they did add the preatorian, and the empress (super-queen). you can tell they did not want to ruin the franchise or neccisarly milk it for all it is worth. as for the story it is fun to start is a lone face-hugger trying to find its way through a marine base to a lone person, as a chestburster trying to find its way to safty, and as the most bada** drone there ever was trying to escape, rescue your breathren, and saving your queen...

Mutiplayer *****
mutiplayer is definitly a fun aspect of the game. although since the game is somwhat old now not as many people play as much as it was. although this can be a advantage as well as a disadvantage. during the old days you could find any game type with a fair amount of people relativly fast, althoguh there was a major problem with hacking cheaters. now that time has past. even though it can sometimes be hard to find a good game at least you will being playing with nice, fun, honourable people.

as for the races they are well balanced in most case although certain weaponry can be annoying. all 3 races (and one other form of human) have 4 cl.

for alien there is:
drone: the most well balanced alien class. a fair amount of speed, of health/armor, and good pounce. with the ability to wall walk, head bite, and use of tail it is my favourite alien to play

runner: favours speed over anything else. it has low armor/health, the weakest attacks. it also has the same abilites as the drone. but man is it fast. most alien player use this class

predalien: although the predalien may look fast in the game the equalized it by having it run very slow, it as the highest pounce range and the second strongest attack damage.

Preatorian:
the preatorian loses its ability to pounce, wall walk, and basically loses its element of surprise. although it does gain massive amount of armor and strength. in the hands of a nub they hate it, but in the hands of a professional it is a not stop killing machine.

queen:
in certain game types there is queen molting. which mean after a set amount of a killing spree you will molt into a queen. this is where you will become truly badass. you tower over all other creatures with your deadly claws and tail you will make mince meat out of you opposition.

now for human there are two groups the marines and the corpates.

both the marines and the corprates have 4 cl. which are heavy weapons, speicalist, sniper, and demolitions.

as for the weapons you got
the hunting knife: even though this may not be the most ideal weapon to go up against with foe theres nothing quite like dealing the death blow to a cloaked yautja with it.

the pistol: although regular rounds can be weak if you in AP rounds into this thing it can be utterly devasting if you have a good aim.

shotgun: all though not wildly used in can be fun. it comes with to fires rounds which are regular shotgun round used for close combat and slugs which may be the only thing that saves your life from a heavily armored foe

Pulse rifle: it fully automatic and comes with a secondary fire of contact grenades. this is definatly a fan favourite.

grenade/mine thrower: comes with several different rounds. which are regular grenades, timed mines, spider mines which will get up and run to anything close to it, proximity mines, and emp blast to drain predator energy as well as stun foes.

flamethrower: mmmmm... nothing quite like the smell of frie yautja in the morning. although relatively weak against them this is the ideal weapons to use against smaller cl of aliens.

smart gun: comes with auto target mode and free fire mode. although most proclaim this weapon is cheap and is a newb weapon if you a good player you can easily avoid its fire

sniper rifle: absolutly devastating in the hands oood marksmen. for everyone else not reccomended.

minigun: can you hear that high pitched wistling? oh dear there is a minigun nearby. athough its not accurate may not matter as fire so many bullets.

rocket launcher: the kamikazi weapon you will most likly kill your self as well aa your foe with this.

predator:
the predators cl are the light predator, normal predator, heavy predator, and assualt predator. with the ability of cloak and vision modes (thermal, electomagnetic, and predtech) it is a good race. and dont think that medicomp will make you last long either is the scream leads everyone right to you...

their weapons are
wristblades: its a stander classic and fun to use.

spear: basically wrist blades with a larger reach

spear gun: you with love the mainiacal laugh that comes with the decapational head shot of this spear rifle...

plasma pistol: this is dubbed the complete nub weapon with good reason. it can be unreasnoablly cheap as you can blow everthing to smitherines around you.

netgun: there is nothing quite like trapping a hapless human in a net the comeing up and dicing them with your wrist blades.

disk: with the ability to practiacally decapitate anything as well as a auto return feture this is definitly a choice weapon.

plasma cannon: you can either free fire your shoulder cannon or auto track with vision modes. but remember your prey will see where that targeting laser is coming from.

remote mines: self explanatory

basically with fun maps and classic game types such as death match, team death match, and evac you will be playing mutiplayer for a long time.

over all is this worth the buy defenitly 15 to 20 bucks for this game is a steal and you dont even need a good pc to run it!

(p.s. hope you like my review it was tiring to write... and also remember to read every datapad, notebook, and computer screen you find its surprising what you can learn...)

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

TheMerchant, Yautja, 17 years ago

love it! I stopped playing for awhile when the hackers were getting really bad, but it's died down a lot and i love it.

TheMerchant.jpg

cardmaster12595, Yautja, 17 years ago

Its worth it to buy the game.I got it for 20 bucks at Gamestop...but it was the last copy and the box was battered.It's an older game so your going to have a harder time finding it,well...atleast where I live.

MySig.gif

navyspaz, Yautja, 17 years ago

if you get the Full Version Order it off of Amazon.com, thats the cheapest place you can get it.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

i got windowsXP and my computer has an HP on the back. but it is also a laptop.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

navyspaz, Yautja, 17 years ago

oh I have windows XP and it doesnt freeze up and im sure it doesnt take alot of space, cos I have like 7 games on my computer including AvP2.

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
.::Messageboard Rules and RPG Information::.

Just completed the Pred level. Woo-hoo! I had the headphones on and everything, so it really put me in the Predator's shoes. Considering the game's age, that's just incredible.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

I loved that game, but sadly my copy stopped working because of an air bubble that grew inside of the disc. Really fun, but I still prefer AVP:E over it. Mainly because hackers $uck a$$ (that's how long ago it was).

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Not if you get it used. Most of the used ones (Atleast here in Finland) are in excellent condition.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

i tried the demo as well, and was mezmorized in the visions modes :) the yautja roars are awesome, and the wristblades, omg.

however DD the game is hard to come by. good luck

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Wow! I wasn't expecting this much of a response! If the game is cheap to buy, then I will most certainly be getting it some time in the future. Thanks for the info, everyone!

deathdrop1.jpg

What kind of computer is it? Mine's a Dell, and it froze up when I got facehugged.

deathdrop1.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

The first comp I had was a piece of rubbish, & it wouldn't play the game for cr@p. But the comp I'm using now (got it for only $250) plays the game excellently, with very little framerate issues, & can support the medium graphical detail setting, although I like to set the graphics to low by standard & then customise them & raise specific details such as characters, weapons, etc. to what u want them to be, it's much more effective. Do u know what graetting u were running it on when it froze DD?

stalker.jpg

black_warrior, Yautja, 17 years ago

hey i was wondering does that game take up alot of space and stuff on the comp?

i was trying to get my mom to let me get it but she is alway$ saying "i dont want to take up too much space because then the computer will get slower."

but after reading this topic i really want to get it.

black.jpg
Message Board, RPG Rules & Information
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Leandros8, Yautja, 16 years ago

same here i got windows XP and i can puit it omn high quality and it works like....well im not sure what it works like yet,but its good!im getting a mac soon.but i only have the demo now.im too young to gret it my mom says.its rated M and im 11.ESRB YOU FRICKING SUCK!i wanted to say the F word but went back and deleted it.didn't want to get banned.

delta-boy, Yautja, 16 years ago

yea it a great game completed it.hey navyspaz i was playing wit u awhile ago i was pvt.dalton then now i delta-boy so look out for me online.

it scary as playing as marine in the first 4 opening levels i put it up their with fear,silent-hill,doom3 and jericho.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

Don't worry, we don't really care whether you say fuck or not. Just as long as it isn't used against another member/staff seriously.

But it would be preferable if it was 'shit,' crap,' etc... 'fuck' may only truly be the only 'bad word' there is.