Predators breathing?

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Do Predators breath oxygen or anything of that sort?

coryscarfacev2.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'd say that predators can defenintly breathe oxygen. In the first 2 movies & in AVP they could breathe without their mask. The breather that the second predator used after he was de-masked in predator 2 was probably some sort of healing device. He may have been breathing in some sort of vapour to help him block out the pain, or it could have possibly been reserve oxygen, as his lungs may have been punctured by one of the shotgun blasts.

stalker.jpg

i think movie avp predator need no mask breat was snow i think

in space no one can Hear you scream

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

ditto siliconsara and predess. they can breath our air but with some added difficulty thanx to different adaptation to the mixture of g in our atmosphere from what they are used to. being injured made thier breathing tougher so they used a breather apparatus, much in the same way oxygen tanks are used on athletes on the sidelines

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

ya i know they breathe some sort of air gas cause in Predator 2 the predator was breathing from that inhaler. which is what Punisher just said sorry for repeating.

scarredyautja12.jpg

Yeah , they can breath oxygen .... the small inhaler has nothing to do with polution nor is it a narcotic anelgesic (Pain Killer)
Its lung had been punctured
THe large injection , gamers know as the medicomp is the pain killer

Punisher-sig.gif

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

They prefer hot, humid air with lots of nitrogen. Or so I read from somewhere, dunno what kinda metabolism they have and what is the main agent they use from air. But eg jungle hunter didn't have any difficulties to breath on Earth so I guess they have more or less same kinda air in their homeplanet than we have in here - oxygen is in fact deadly to living beings without evolution to adapt to it.

And Sara already said what I had to say lol

satu-gift1.jpg

some sort of air.

o ya im dead but i still can kill you

siliconsara, Undefined, 17 years ago

I've heard they breathe nitrogen to methane, and these two gases are present in our breathing air on Earth.

Actually, nitrogen is the top gas in our atmosphere:

Nitrogen (N2) 780,840 ppmv (78.084%)
Oxygen (O2) 209,460 ppmv (20.946%)
Argon (Ar) 9,340 ppmv (0.9340%)
Carbon dioxide (CO2) 350 ppmv
Neon (Ne) 18.18 ppmv
Helium (He) 5.24 ppmv
Methane (CH4) 1.745 ppmv
Krypton (Kr) 1.14 ppmv
Hydrogen (H2) 0.55 ppmv

But they are probably used to air in swampy dense foliage areas; that creates a lot of methane and nitrogen that overclouds the oxygen supply; it's from the rotting plant matter that sticks to the floor of the swamp/forest/bog. Which is probably why the P1 Predator did not need to use a emergency mask like the P2 Predator did.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

They're known to. CH had to breathe through that plastic thing only because he was low on health and the city's pollution. Maybe the air on earth isn't as good as the one supplied on their planet or their known source, but only my guess. But yes, they do breathe.

00Blo_sig9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."