Reaction to the news

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

What did you guys think when you found out that an AvP movie was actually going to be made? Did you think it would be bad from the start or did you think it was an awesome idea?

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

was so hyped up for i though i was gonna get seizure lol

22.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

I've been a huge fan of aliens & preds since I was about 5 & had played all the AVP games & I was really hyped when I heard about the movie. When I first went to the cinemas with one of my m8's to see it I actually really liked it. After rewatching it a few times I noticed many flaws in the movie & now I only ever watch it if there's nothing else on or I've got nothing to do. I only think of it as a decent popcorn movie now

stalker.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Prity much the same as DD but i did like it though.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

I was excited purely because i'd get to see the aliens on the silver screen again, i didn't think much of the prospect as in my opinion, crossover genres really do stink, but, as most people did, i got really anxious for it's release and ending up being completely let down.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

Awsome.

When I saw Predator I went to the Internet and found avp.

~~~~~I Give Death To Targets Only, And It Is Always A Short But Painful Death~~~~~

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Undefined, 18 years ago

I didn't get too excited. i saw alien before it, but i didn't really know much about predator. after i saw it, it was ok, but it got me started on predator.

Join my forum at http://agent42.proboards38.com/

Ace, Undefined, 18 years ago

i thought it was ok when i saw it but i too did get way too excited

acesig.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 18 years ago

I got WAY too exited about it. That was what ruined it for me.

deathdrop.jpg

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yeah, I think that's what a lot of people were like. They thought it wasn't as good as it would have been if someone like James Cameron wrote and directed it, but that it wasn't the huge mess it could have been. It was a mess in some ways, but not a huge mess to me. I never take it seriously.

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

i thought it was an awsome idea, i had played the games long before the movie was even be thought up, thats what had gotten me started with the whole avp franchise. i didnt hate the avp movie really, but i know they could of improved.

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

you knew we were in trouble when they released fight scenes on the internet and didnt give press screenings.

RedKnife2.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

i was excited about it too. then when i saw it i thought it was too short. i thought over all the movie was exciting becuase i'm more excited about sci fi itself than a purist like dave. yea it has its flaws but as entertainment, it was a good movie. and it really did make money becuase it was available to a broader consumer base. still it has flaws true fans often express in disdain.