Giger's drone

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

I was watching a doco about the alien series lastnight & it showed some stuff of giger's original drone without the dome on it's head & it had a human-like skull with eye sockets. If the dome tightens as the drone matures into a warrior then why don't warriors have these features or maybe it was just the way giger's design & only that design was, opinions?

stalker.jpg

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

Good point dave, with the dome on u couldn't see it much anyway, but yeah. Yeah ancienthunter I'm good, good to see u again too m8

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

The design with the eye sockets was the first draft of the head, the follow ups didnt have these features as giger and Ridley Scott thought it made the alien look more human than it was percieved to be.

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Ancienthunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

Hw made the Drone look more like a human head at the end becausse he figured if it came from ahuman it should look alittle like ahuman and he gave it the but they were getting dificulty with it plus the drector dint like the Idea of it lookin human so they abondonded it and i think in the early stages of the drone if u can look close enough it almost loks lke they got eyball sockets thats what i think i maybe saw it in aliens and alien watabout you stalker(Hi longtime no see)

22.jpg