AVP: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

AVPFREAK, Undefined, 18 years ago

Hey people. I've been wondering what faults and goods each of you guys found with the Alien vs. Predator movie. I know why most of you guys hated it, but I want to know all the reasons for each individual. But I don't just want to know what you guys hated. If you guys post something in this topic, please tell not only what was bad about the movie, but what was GOOD. As for me....

GOODS
The movie got me excited. Sitting in the theater with a brother who loves Predator as much as I love Alien was awesome. I cheered at the best Alien moments and he cheered at the awesome Predator moments. It was great fighting over who would win(Just a note: HE STILL OWES ME 5 BUCKS! HE'S GOTTA STOP ACTIN LIKE A SORE LOSER!). The film had the best special effects out of every movie in the series. The creatures were perfect in my opinion. The Predator faces look different, but I didn't complain. While the original pred looks the best and most maniacal, the new preds' faces had more character. The Queen was a freakin DEMON! She looked so evil and fast. The Pred weapons were fantastic. Longer wristblades, lethal shurikens etc. I loved the whole mythological plot. Being a fan of history and pyramids, it was great seeing history used as a backdrop. I liked the darkness of the movie. The music helped make it even more dark. The pyramid designs were great. One of my favorite things in the movie was its setting. I personally love Antarctica. It fascinates me. The last thing I liked about Alien vs. Predator was the Predalien. I'd always wanted to see one on film and even a baby did it for me.

FAULTS
The movie was too short. Also, I really think that Paul Anderson is lying to us about a director's cut. There HAVE to be more deleted scenes. The characters were a little bit interseting, but not enough. My favorite one was Sebastian DeRosa, who portrayed an Italian archaeologist very well. The fight scenes though spectasular, were very short. The movie seemed to pay more attantion to the creatures by themselves, not together. The film also left a lot unexplained. For instance, there was never any indication to why the aliens grew so fast. The same is said for the Predator weapons. Some resisted the aliens' acid, and some just burned to a crisp. While fans have provided interesting theories for these mistakes that make sense(hormones injected into Queen etc) the film still left us to figure it out on our own. One of my biggest complaints with the AvP movie was the PG-13 rating. When I went to avp-movie.com a few weeks before the movie opened, I scrolled down to the part of the page that usually said "This Film is Not Yet Rated" to find "PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned". I was in disbelief. It was even worse when the chestbursters came out. Hardly any gore, and I do enjoy gore(only in movies I'm not a sicko lol). The last thing I have to say is that the Queen wasn't in it NEARLY enough.

Please Post your thoughts!

waroftheworldssig.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/shanezilla

Drone-Warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

Yea I agree with ya Stalker, The preds looked so dumb, I just hated the fact that their mandibles stretched all the way up to their eyes, and the extremely long dreadlocks, give me a break, but avpfreak how are samari preds suppose to look like, are you saying that they have extremely stretchy mandibles and long long dreadlocks because if thats what they look like that idea that anderson came up with is just completly uncalled for.

~All bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

well the whole cold thing is logical antartica was once ice less and as the continent drited it froze maybe the preds had put of using it for many years untill it was the only one left making it their only choice

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

A lot of people have different ideas on who won. Some say pred, some say xeno, some say tie. It all really depends on your point of view I think. I think that alien won(or at least appeared to have won) because Scar, Celtic, and Chopper were the only preds that fought. The ones on the ship didn't count in the battle. All three preds died and two xenos lived (queen and predalien). More replies please

avpsig.jpg

Celtic_Warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

GOOD:
#New pred apperances (looks)
#Kick A$$ new weapons and tech
#amazing effects
#adds a new "i feel sorry for those monsters" emotion (4 me anyway)
#intresting setting
#the humans died cos their idiots this time
#humans were helpless this time
BAD:
#scar didnt kill Lex
#too short,fights and film
#2 preds with 1 stone
#buggered up the franchises a bit

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

The good, humans
the bad, aliens
the ugly mofo's, preds lol

~~~~~I Give Death To Targets Only, And It Is Always A Short But Painful Death~~~~~

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

lol yeah i think he is.. but AVP was a tie since Scar died the Queen didnt stay in the battle*she survived in the ocean though) scar was picked up a pred alien came out .. bot Yautja and Xenomorph still lived

-----------------------------------------
WHOEVER WINS....WE LOSE....
- AVP,Alien Vs. Predator
Yay Another Female On the Site
www.planetavp.com

Anyone?

waroftheworldssig.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Goods: It was AVP, comeon fans had been waiting for this movie for years & it was finally good to see it delivered. The fight between grid & celtic although short was very well done & very cool, new yautja weapons like the shuriken & the sidearm blades were very cool & some of the new pred masks like celtic's & choppers were really cool, & last but not least was the queen, the queen in aliens was great, she was menacing & vicious, but in AVP the queen was like a queen on steroids, lol, she was fast, strong & very cool, that's the good now for.....

The bads: There wasn't nearly enough combat between aliens & preds in the movie & the ones that were in there were too short. Plasmacasters, comeon in an AVP movie you'd expect to see aliens gettin toasted all over the place by em but noooooooo, the plasmacaster is seen in action for 1 less than 10 second period in the movie, arghh. Preds new style: the original pred style from the pred movies was perfect, they were deadly, cunning, fearless hunters who could take on whole groups of heavily armed enemies with ease, but in AVP they no longer seem like precision huntersbut rather they just run in & randomly attack things, leaving themself open to attack in the process. I know they were unbloods but they didn't seem like they even had any common sense, "oh I'll just casually walk up to the trapped alien & stand in front of him when his blood burns through the net & he kills me" duh, & also their look wasn't as good as the original, they still looked cool but nowhere near as cool as the original pred

stalker.jpg

In the commentary of avp, Anderson said that the predators were like samurai and I agree with him. they didn't look much like samurai in the the first pred films but they did in avp. I also liked how Anderson made them more cultured.

avpsiggy.jpg

Drone-Warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

GOODS:
It was great to see both Monsters on the same screen. I was also very excited about the movie, seeing the coming attraction billborad during the school year got me pumped to see it.I also agree that the preds and xenos did look good meaning that they looked fresh and clean. I also enjoyed the whole pyramid scernio and Antartica theme, BEST PART FOR ME WAS THE QUEEN SHE LOOKED FANTASTIC! it was prob the best action for me out of the whole movie, other than that really no more good points for me.

BADS:
Alright people hold your breathes.......Lets start out by saying WAY TO SHORT and what the hell were they thinking when they rated it PG-13 , I'm sorry folks but an alien movie is not and alien movie without gore, and that goes for predator as well. Also not enought action, the movie is called Alien vs. Predator and the only real battle was between celtic and the Alpha alien, Paul Anderson should have just followed the book WAAAAAAAY better! Also they made the preds look ridiculous!!! teen preds with LONG dreadlocks and mandibles that touch their eyes is just over doing it for me, I still stand my ground for the old pred design anyday! People this is enough for me, I could sit and type for hours about the BADS of AvP because it was the first of its kind, most firsts always have mistakes that fans what to fix and thats why I am leaving it open for a sequel and have speilberg or cameron direct it so they can pull this franchise from drowning!

~All bow before the Mighty and Powerful Queen~

king_predalien17, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well..heres the way i saw it:P

GOODS: Seein alien&predator on at the same time on the big screen was VERY kool...i've been waiting since Alien Resurection came out. I love the plot&storyline..i dont think they could have done it any other way..Unless it was in space. Oh yea..the predators weapons did look different from the last movies..I think they looked better if u ask me. The alien queen was fantastic. Straight up pimpin..jk..but the queen looked better Then she did on the last movie..the cgi queen was great. Lex was an interesting character. Other movies i saw that actress in she didnt kick as much butt:P

BADS: The movie was Foreals too short..VERY short i think they should have made the fights longer. Yes the predators in avp did look like big stupid football players.. *as sumwun once sed*..they seemed too big and stupid. They should have used predators like they had in Predator&Predator 2..They also should have added way more blood&gore...that was when that chest burster broke out. I luved how it broke out on Alien. The way his bloods squirted up and everything.

But all&all i think avp was a good movie..i still watch it all the time...They juss need 2 use ther heads if they wanna entertain people a little more

ii Am ThA QuEeN ALL HaIL ME..lmao jk

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

does anyone agree

The Black Warriors legend lives on. Haaahaaahaaahaa

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

I ve posted on this before...

gholacopy.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 18 years ago

the bad part to me in the story line was that it was in antarctica preds love heat not cold and i dont think it was that warm with thermal netting either. The humans were freezin and u could see thier breath

The Black Warriors legend lives on. Haaahaaahaaahaa

Crpl_Hicks, Undefined, 18 years ago

Goods: a interesting story. Awesome queen fight! Massive explosions! The predators were given very human expresions(that might be bad too). The original Bishop!! An end that begs for a sequal.
Bads: too short. Enough on the stupid humans, I want to see xenos and preds riping themselves to pices!! The Weyland people brought F$%#&$@ SMG's to the pryamid; not a good a twist. Most preds were quite, well, let us just say I don't think they passed thier SATs. The humans joining the pred's side? NO WAY!

You have just crossed over into an other dimension. One of sound, sight, and mind. You have just crossed over in to..... THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!