Humans = Aliens

celtic102, Yautja, 18 years ago

All right u know the way in avp celtic fought the alien and died (i know he was young) but i was thinking. in pred 2 it took piles of people to try to kill him..

So how many humans would equal an alien ???

Any thoughts ???

Untitled333a3333s41q.jpg
My Horror Site

My Funny Flash Movie Site

celtic102, Yautja, 18 years ago

but in avp chopper was cloaked and an alien stuck his tail through him (still cloaked)

Untitled333a3333s41q.jpg
My Horror Site

My Funny Flash Movie Site

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

Sh!t that is a big post for a new guy.

Its time to kill!

TDN- Yes your right about the marines having much more advanced weapons then the marines in predator one but dont forget the preds have just as much time to advance aswell.

I agree with marleydredspred on his post. This is the analogy i like to use for all animal vs human scenerios. I think most of u have played video games and probably come across one that u really like. So as u played u got really good. U got really good because u played alot and began to figure out the way the computer works. What it does when. U begin to be able to predict what the computer will do and make your move to counteract the move u know it will do. Thats because we humans and preds in this situation have intellect and intellect varies thats why playing a game agianst a computer and playing a game agianst a person are 2 totally different experiences. Most people will change as they play making themselves unpredictable. Instinct is just like the computer. Instinct has it programed into the animals head some of the deadliest moves and techniques that will get the task done effeciantly and effectively. But thats all they will do. It may be a powerful and deadly move but intellect can predict that move happening therefore moving to counteract the move instinct makes. Thats where the whole idea of experience comes in. A pred whos seen the aliens instinct and knows how they work will be able to predict what the aliens will do and be able to drop alien after alien and will obviously fair much better then a pred who doesnt know how the aliens work. With the deadliness of the aliens instinct it puts an unexperienced pred at a disadvantage. Just like marleydreadspred posted us and the preds have the ability to differ so u cant really say that one alien can kill this many preds and this many people or say 1 pred can kill this many people and this many aliens and so on because most preds and people are different.

To one that lives to prove his courage, his lack of fear, and his utmost strength, there is nothing better then the hunt!

drako12341, Yautja, 18 years ago

it is difrent if the aliens are making a head on attach they would have more of there own dead but if it is a sneeky attach then they could kill more

TDN- Yeah the cloak did give the pred a major advantage but what about in the abbatoir? the pred didn't even use it's cloak & decimated all of Keyes's team with ease, preds are very crafty & would probably outwit the humans most of the time.

stalker.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

ditto marleydredspred. i was gonna try to expalin in lesser words but u beat me to it. thats what the creators of predator used...humans although weak physically are strong mentally (some of us), making them a worthy prey for sport. u cant stack up species to equal other species, doesnt work that way.

If the aliens gained the ability to create and wield weapons they would lose most of the bodily weapons they have already. Thats just the way evolution works. Even us humans had monstrous strength at one time until we began to evolve and use arrows and then guns.

To one that lives to prove his courage, his lack of fear, and his utmost strength, there is nothing better then the hunt!

shazuipredalien, Yautja, 18 years ago

the fight between humans and aliens r equal but xenos r never tooled up so y should humans?dumb argument i know answer=evolution but humans need weapons to take out an xeno and so do preds if xenos evolved into being able to command weaponry preds and humans would leg it for the high hills cos its a fight to kill them even if u r weilding powerful weapons and aliens are not i mean no ofense to preds or humans.

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

predalien.jpg

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

TDN... your response to celtic earlier in this thread mentioned the theory of how aliens sense prey. i posted a thread about a month ago asking how aliens hunt. sadly not many people commented but i commented on the electomagnetic thoery, and why their senses aren't disrupted when they hide in electronic conduits usually dark areas.

Jackel, Yautja, 18 years ago

It really does depend on what time period and what the humans are tooled up with.

royal_praetorian, Yautja, 18 years ago

now that i thought about it it all depends. like what weapond do the huimans and predators have and the setting thje weather whaT time a day how many there are aliens predator and humans how mutch ammo also if there is a queen alien some were the aliens have more to fight for. so it just all depends

Copyofthealien.bmp-copy.jpg

It all depends, just like in every situation it always depends. Now take away that stupid lil excuse that life itself depends upon and you realise that A xeno is a super killer in nature. The Predators however aren't useless unarmed. The thing is that a Predator or a Human have the ability to learn and make their threat levels independant and varying. Each of us have the ability to be different and Xeno's are (basically) all the same. As posted earlier one human could take out 10 xeno's if armed like in Aliens, and those marines are comparatively armed to those in 'Predator'. The difference is that the Predator was SMART. A xeno doesn't know to do anything other than attack blindly and savagely.

A smart enough Predator would (with experience) discover a way to mask itself from a Xeno, much like Arnie learning to mask itself from the Pred (you don't have to be a supergenius to be lucky). Just because we haven't seen it, not to my knowledge atleast, doesn't make it impossible. After learning that the attack becomes much much more possible. And what's the next step? watch and wait, learn all the Xeno patterns, and that's when a true Predator would pick it's time to strike. Thinking that to be cowardly is stupid, because despite being a civilization of honor much to the extent of a human samurai, they're natural hunters, not the kind to put themselves on the front lines and attack right out. So put it in one sense, 1 pred could exterminate an entire hive if he's smart enough, only problem is that that requires the mind of Steven hawkings and the body of Superman, but it's possible.

Humans, therefore, are the exact same just with some disabilities in comparison to a Predator. For example, Dutch being one man was able to defeat a predator. Danny Glover's character was also able to do the same, and they were both just one man, only difference is they were the only ones lucky enough to learn from the failure of their fallen comrades and use it to their advantage. 1 Human is all it ever takes to defeat a Predator, or even an Alien if you count Ripley. But if you're asking for how many humans does it take to take down a Predator in a boxing ring, that's a different story. I'd say in a street brawl it'd take 7 armed men, or hell even 30 unarmed men to take down an armed predator. It'd take a minimum of 3 xeno's to take down an armed predator in a street brawl, two to distract it's cannon and one to finally make it close enough to go for the kill.

--

Psycopaths never forget and the only way to forgive is an eye for an eye.

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

To Shazuipredalien: Yes exactly, those humans were unarmed. Sure they were armed with some simple stuff, but nothing capable of taking out a Xeno. Humans without weapons are nothing compared to Xenos and especially to Preds. We rely on weapons to fight due to our lack of physical abilities.

To Celtic: The reason for that is because Xenos do not see with the same vision as we do. It doesn't have eyes. The theory is that it uses electro-magnetic sense to "see" its surroundings. If this is true, then it could see anything that has mass, or emits electric signals(which is most organisms), whether the thing is invisible or not.

To Jackel: Totally agreed. That's not a thing most people realized though. Some people still compared the humans in Predator as somehow equally armed as the Marines in Aliens, hence the thing about 1 Pred taking out many Xenos even with bare-hand theory.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

shazuipredalien, Yautja, 18 years ago

well in alien 3 1 runner alien took out a whole jail of prisoners and 2 helpers so i would say about 8 people(without weapons)

i search all day for intruders of my hive
the queen must be safe thats how we stay alive
i tear apart any life that comes near
i am a warrior so all preds fear!
for the might of the lone predalien will come
and every living thing near will succumb....

predalien.jpg

royal_praetorian, Yautja, 18 years ago

7 if they do have waepons 20 if they do not

ok i may be egzagarating

Copyofthealien.bmp-copy.jpg

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

How so? If I remember correctly from Aliens(if you have watched it) that a trained human with weapons could take out at least 10 Xenos. Humans aren't always fodders you know.

The reason why it took alot of humans to kill just one Pred while one Xeno took out 2 Preds was because:
1. They had no idea what the Predator was, therefore not havin experience in fighting it.
2. The weapons at the time was low tech compared to the ones in Aliens. Mostly, it was that the Predators were cloaked, therefore humans weren't able to fight them. With devices such as Motion Tracker and Smartguns, humans could now locate and kill the Preds.
3. The ones in AVP was younger and inexperienced ones. Even the one in Predator 2 had already claimed a Xenomorph kill, and that one was even younger than the one in Predator 1.

That's my thought about this subject. You guys seemed to consider humans too weak. Although humans without weapons are another story. Just look at what happened in Alien or Alien 3.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

caboose3456, Yautja, 18 years ago

6 or 7 If the people dont have weapons

Goodbye pinkie toe...YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

about five humans.

Its time to kill!