Do you think yautja have names?

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

do you think they have names and if you do what would you think they might be?

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

I do belive that they have names. An advanced civilisation like theirs has to have names in it. Or another way of identifing themselves

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

I believe predators do have names, especially after reading my by far favorite book AVP:PREY. Man it's such an excellent book should have been the movie. Anyway yeah the first time names were mentioned for predators was in that book. Like what Stalker said about a predator being named Dachande wich means different knife/ Broken Tusk. I got my name off of that character, one of the best predator ever.

brokentusk.jpg

i know few predators names stone hard,long spear names ar from predator:CJ bad bloods

in space no one can Hear you scream

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think that they would have names in their language for each other but if it was translated itd probably be like one who slaughters ruthlessly or something like that

Hajou3sSig.gif

Kidd, Undefined, 17 years ago

Everything suppose to have a name. Names are ways of distinguish something or someone from another. Without names, the world will be a confusing place. You can ask one pair of identical twins with no difference at all, their names and they'll tell you what they are.

I'm going by what Stalker said that they use names to represent themselves. You all know me to do this, by comparing real life things to these creatures, like the Xenos and like Ants and now I'm going to say that the Yautjas/Predators are like Tribal People, like the Indians for example.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look around each corner before you move because the chances are, you are not gonna make it.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

preds do have names, "Scar, chopper & celtic" were just nicknames, as Bloo stated. Although their true names are much more complicated. One example is in one of the AVP comic books there was a pred named "dachande" which means "different knife/broken tusk". Every predator must be given a certain name for a reason, as there is an alternate meaning of those names within their culture.

stalker.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

lets all play 'Name that Yautja!'

ye they have names.

naw those names are just nicknames, not part of the story.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

i think they have names. Not to get off topic but i am writing a book of my own and i am giving my predators names.

ummmm hence Scar,Chopper, and Celtic

coryscarfacev2.jpg

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

They did in a book called "Hunters Planet" I think the 2nd in command was Lar'Nix'Va or something, cos the first in command got exploded by a mine. or something, cant remember. I read that book during the hurricane Rita in Texas, since their was no electricty for computers. You should read it :) Click here to see it

NavyMetalSigfromPRED.jpg
JOIN MY FORUM

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 17 years ago

but they didnt call each other that its just the names we created for them

(for simplistic use just call me hyro)

Voltage-3000, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think they call them selves gir and gar lol

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Celtic, Scar, Chopper, City Hunter and Jungle Hunter (assumingly those were CH and JH's names) were nicknames to distinguish the Preds a little better than like this:

Remember when "The Pred that lived the longest and killed the Queen who also teamed up with Lex" fought that alien? Oh no, wait, wasn't that the "Pred who had the cool mask and was really tough"? Or was that the "Pred that almost killed Lex but died because of that alien that was going to have Grid Marks and was probably the Alpha Alien"?

Here is an example with their nicks':

Remember when Scar fought that alien? Oh no, wait, wasn't that Celtic? Or was that Chopper, the one who was killed by Grid first?

Heheh, that was way shorter and more understandable. Yes, I think they would have names. I can't really describe anything right now... sorry if it sounds like I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

00Bloo_sig06.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."