Predator 1 / 2

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

why does the predator ship actually land in Predator 2 whilst in 1 it ejects the pod befor entering the earths atmosphere

Is their an actual reason , or simple because the film makers wanted the introduction of a predator clan

Punisher-sig.gif

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol, that's a trade secret Drenton, rofl, j/k.

stalker.jpg

Why must you be totally right, all the time, Stalker?! But really, that makes a better explination then mine. Do you know the film makers or somthing, 'cause that fits in perfectly...

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

D@mn, couldn't have said it any better dude.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The "hearts torn from the cadavers" that was mentioned by Tony Pope was the doing of the Jamaican Gangsters that hung up & ritualistically killed Ramon Vega in his luxury suite. He had no idea that there were 2 seperate killers involved.

Well in The original Predator there wasn't really much space to land their ship, & I think they only wanted to have one pred in that movie in the first place because it was the first time anyone had ever seen it & found out what it could do. In the second film they had to up the ante so they introduced the predator's clan at the end, inside their ship, & in AVP at the end, the ship landed because the blooding hunt was over, they wanted to claim Scar's body & acknowledge lex's accomplishments, I doubt that the ship would've been there the whole time, it was probably circling the hunting grounds, waiting for the result of the blooding ritual, to either pick up the surviving predator(s) upon completion, or to destroy any xenomorphs that managed to escape to the surface to prevent them from entering the modern world.

stalker.jpg

Mm, I didn't think of that. But franchise-wise (heh, it rhymes), it would probably be the introduction of the Clans and the Elder (hence that the Elder was just a remixed JH costume). But for the actual Predator thoughts, yeah, it could be that more than one of them was going to hunt in the city. Or to mark their 'turf' to other Pred Clans.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

I think that the reason why it landed was either:

1) To claim their 'turf'

2) So that more than one Predator could go hunting. Pehapse they all expressed an interest in L.A? After all, reports stated "And hearts torn from the cadavers". We never saw our good ol' Predator do that, so is clan mates may have done it.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

Mm... Very good question. Well... Simple, I don't know. Heheh, yeah, my real answer is that, well, remember in Predator: Concrete Jungle, the ship landed in the sewers as well as the ship in Predator2? Well, I'm guessing clan were introduced in Predator2, and Predator: Concrete Jungle was released way after the Clan thing was introduced, so it very well may be that Predator Clans were introduced.

Although it may be another reason, like the introducing of an Elder, or how they come to Earth every few decades/hot seasons. It probably wanted to show that, as well as Clans. But That's just my guess. It might of just been for the Alien Skull cameo, or the fight scene between Harriga and CH. But that was a good quesiton, I don't really know what might be the answer. But like I said before, it may be because of the introduction to Clans (which is my guess)

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

Mm... I noticed that in Predator 2 CH didn't skin them fully as well, or that may be because I haven't watched it in a month. I'll go watch it again today. Anyway, I just remembered that in Alien Vs. Predator, the Clanship both podded them AND landed there cloaked. Now that was kind of something that stayed true to the Predators.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

can also be a clan preference whether to land a ship, or orbit the planet.

could jsut be director's own opinion too,... as whether or not to add it into the film.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules