why are not runners in movies more

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i think runners should be in the movies more
to me i like killen aliens

yes i like Runners ar very fast and cool

in space no one can Hear you scream

i think runners sud be in more movies not all the time but sometimes.

why cant i talk if i did something wrong im sorry

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

I think that you need better grammer big evil 3(by the way he is my friend thats probably why im insulting him) and i think the runner has enough time in the movies, it has its own movie to itself(except for the queen in ripley)

Hajou3sSig.gif
The only thing in space that can hear you, is the thing making you scream... Me

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ok, someone ship in a thousand dogs and then we can see an army of 'Runners' (I hate that term, nothing but a money making scheme to promote a poor game, the 'runner' was just an alien drone with modified DNA structuring from a quadraped animal which consequently changed it's appearance from that of a 'normal' drone.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Unless it was one of the civillians pet's, and it got lost. But you'd have to show that earlier in the film, so that people dont think that dogs and animal magically appear.

Drenton.jpg
Come out F@ggerstrom! I know your in there!
-Conan O Brien, 2006.03.10

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Exactly. Good points. So there we have it. You need a logical reason for that host to even be there. Although, they could of done that in past movies, but I guess it was prefered that the Dogalien/Runner would be a special guest to the Alien saga.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

Right. Like, if a Runner was in Aliens, you can't just have a dog come into the hive out of nowhere. That wouldn't fit, it would be confusing, and most of all, it would be stupid [to just have a dog come out of nowhere].

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

To fit runners into a storyline would require some sort of potential quadrupedal host to impregnate. In A3 there was the dog (the ox in the special edition version though, which was much better), & the movie provided viable reasons for them being there. In the theatrical version, the dog was the pet of one of the prisoners, & in the special edition version, the ox that was impregnated was one of the ox's that helped to pull Ripley's crashed EEV from the water. To implement a runner in a new film, there would need to be a logical reason for the prescence of the quadrupedal host(s).

stalker.jpg

I don't really like calling them that either. If I call it Drone, people may get confused with what I'm talking about. If I call it a different-bursted four-legged Xenomorph, some won't understand me. But I call it runner, because of its many similarities to the Drone in Alien 3. I ALSO call it Runner because, if we're going to start using their hosts name before Alien, we might as well call them Human Alien too. Better yet, why not Kain Alien? Sounds stupid, I know. Therefore I call it Runner until they come up with something that best stuits it.

00Alien_sig01.png

The Alien in Alien3 is nicknamed the Runner because it has so many attributes very close to the runner. It was fast, it went on all fours, it was deadly, it was red/orange/blackish, and it's hind legs look the same as a Runner. The only difference is that the DogAlien didn't show any sign of the back-tubes.

00Alien_sig2.9.5.PNG

Well mate you may consider alien 3

Punisher-sig.gif

i like runners so fast and so bad like they kill good

to me i like killen aliens

I agree with hajou but it would probably nice to see more of runners and i would like to see them make runners tougher cause in alien 3 it took the runner like 10 min just to kill one guy lol

KingofKings.jpg

if you can see this your dead!

i think they were just a different form of alien just in alien 3. they should be in more movies though

scarredyautja12.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The term, "runner", granted, does sound fairly poor, but unless they bring it back in another film & officially name it, then there's not much else to call it really. Technically, it has already been officially labelled the "dog-alien" although this is partially untrue as it bursted from an ox in the special edition of A3. Really, all adult alien forms r just variations of drones, & a drone is, in turn, a variation of all other adult alien forms. Technically, if all information from the games were to be dismissed, then predaliens wouldn't be called predaliens, etc. so quite a fair bit of information on aliens & preds actually spawned from the games. Although quite alot of things is the games r completely rubbish, such as ravagers, & the like.

stalker.jpg

From what we know, humans are practically the normal host. But from what we DON'T know, humans may just be one of the lower cl of hosts. The Grey is the first one we see, as well as the ones in AVP, we don't know what the normal drone is for sure. What I hope is that the normal drone is the Grey, and not those newer designs for the Drone.

00Bloo_sig10.png

cool dave all runners why not ;)

in space no one can Hear you scream