how good is a predator elder??

davii008, Undefined, 18 years ago

how do we know a pred elder is powerful...for all we know it could be brittle and weak....and if its powerful how many alien queens could it kill?? (if any)

daviisig3.jpg
i will slaughter predators whether young,old,female or male...

i reckon 1000 or less coz i think that you need a beyond mortal monster to kill moere than 10000

daviisig3.jpg

Hunter_Predator, Undefined, 18 years ago

He can fight, and well probably, due to the fact he made it to be chosen for Elder, he's probably pretty good.
~~~~~Feet First Into HELL~~~~~

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

They're the elite. Predators who have been on countless hunts and killed many a creature, even the hard meat Xenomorphs. The elders are classed as the best of the best. Without weapons i highly doubt any predator could kill and alien queen, it depaends on what sort of technology the hunter was carrying.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Dalkar, Undefined, 18 years ago

what dave said

Death is only the Beginning

nice thanx dave....its just all the people in pred clans make queens sound bad....

daviisig3.jpg

ELDER, Undefined, 17 years ago

the greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived a thousand hunts . they hunted so much that they look for other means of sport.

i kill so much ,lol

SILENT,INVISIBLE.INVINCIBLE.
IM COMING TO TOWN WITH A
FEW DAYS TO KILL.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

*sigh* We do not know how skilled an Elder is. Plain and simple.

The Elders are individuals which have been selected to be the respected leaders of the yautja society. Or, if not the entire society, then the religious segment, as this is the portion which is responsible for the sacred hunts which occur in the films.

However, we do not know how strong they are, nor how weak. We do not know if they are revered because of physical strength, intellect, or the wisdom which comes with old age. For all we know, they could even be selected because of their bloodline.

Daveberg's statement appears to be based on the material from video games and possibly books since we have never seen an Elder do anything in the films but walk out of a ship, do some extremely minor action, then walk back on. For the record, video games and books are not canon material.

Based on the canon information which I have witnessed, I believe that the Elders are in fact the veterans of the yautja society which have become too old to engage in combat. Do you all honestly think that the yautja society would be inefficient enough to discard those whom have become unable to fight?

We do know that the Aztecs nominated their leaders based on their former skill on the battlefield and their ability to speak eloquently. If they yautja imprinted the Aztec culture onto the humans (as witnessed in AvP), then they would select their leaders in a similiar manner.

It makes more sense for the Elders to be old in age and wise than young and physicallly fit. If a yautja is old and still physically fit, then he or she would not become an elder because of the simple fact that he or she is still combat capable. He or she may become a candidate in the future, but for the time being that yautja would be kept out on the field so that it could continue to perform the traditions and rituals which surround their society and they appear to thoroughly enjoy.

Therefore, I believe that the Elders are, in fact, physically weaker than the other yautja, but they are much more intelligent and wise. Their intelligence and wisdom has allowed them to steer their people and their society from destruction for many milennia -- something a younger and more brash set of yautjas could not do.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

There are multiple theories on the Elders. Some believe that they have become too old & feeble to hunt, I personally disagree.

We have so far only seen 2 Elders, one at the end of Pred 2, & another at the end of AVP, both of which looked healthy & easily strong enough to still fight & hunt in my opinion. Their countless experience in hunting & fighting would definantly have shaped them into supreme masters of combat. Certain Elders may be too old to hunt, although the few that do would more than likely be the deadliest of Predators.

thorndesignssig.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, guys. Not everything is like the human. The Elders in AVP and Predator 2? You saw them - they only once become Elders when they have survived thousands of hunts, battles, collected countless honorable and rare skulls, and most importantly, they are smart and fit to have the honor of the rank.

Both Elders we saw can easily dominate the battle of "AVP Queen Vs. Elder", and maybe even "ALIENS Queen Vs. Elder."

Being old does not nessecarily make them weak. But depending on how they are (which is usually over-trained, strong, healthy, and intelligent), they are usually strong, strength and mentally wise.

Like Dave said, "They are the ELITE."

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Is the whole "Arbritrator" thing canon information? If so then that means Elders would not just be old wise preds that are unable to fight. Cause the Arbritrator is said to be an elder who is tired of being just an elder, and goes out on hunting trips to kill bad bloods to uphold the law.

Or maybe some are old and unable to fight, while some are old, fit and fight capable.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, to my knowledge only the films are canon when it comes to yautja information, so the "Arbitrator" would not be considered canon.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

which is why i said if it was true,
But noone really knows if they are unable to fight either.

Well, differing opinnions make for a good topic.

new-Black-sig.jpg

HOMM1, Undefined, 17 years ago

He should be good if he should be choosen to be an elder

Dont mess whit my brothers and mom then my claws will cut you in half

ghola88, Undefined, 17 years ago

they should be, an elder should have at least 1000 years of experience maybe more???

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

i agree with stalker and i hope see elder avp2 movie

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of shadow serpents try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

We don't know if being an elder means being merely the oldest of a clan or being the alpha male of the clan. I personally believe the latter. So far the elders we've seen have looked healthy, and they look like they have gained alot of respect from their clans. Also, the skulls the elder predator had in pred 2 suggests that they have been in many hunts.

Mishmufsig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Actually dude i think that the skull rack was City Hunter's. He was seen putting a couple of human skulls on that rack. There have also been suggestions of that being a clan rack, but i doubt it.

new-Black-sig.jpg

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

I ment the skulls the elder pred was wearing

Mishmufsig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.