Alien claws

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

In the alien movies they never used their claws at all. But in the AVP2 game their claws were their primary weapons & in the AVP movie grid took a big chunk outta celtics mask with them. So if they are such effective weapons why do you think the aliens never used them before?

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

The inner jaw is an almost instant kill weapon since it aims straight for the head and are launched at a great velocity. The claw will take a much longer time to kill the prey since it requires alot of tearing. The tail could also be an effective weapon but their strongest is still their inner jaw.
The reason they did that in the games is because can you really imagine trying to aim for the head of the enemy while they're constantly moving and shooting at you? The claw covers more range so there's less need for aim. But that's also why they made the inner jaw its second primary weapon.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Stalker, Yautja, 18 years ago

fair enough. The inner jeemed to so their job pretty well

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

cose in most of the movies the aliens are ambushing the ppl and whats an ambush if u leav a trail of blood fore the enamy to folow

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

No need really, the primary weapon the aliens use is the inner jaw, as the films progressed we saw more use of the tails come into play, i guess there was no particular demand to see this within the films.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

cystic_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

i think that they werent used that much because enyone who saw them ran like hell and they either got them with their tails as they ran away or were kille by an alien waiting for them around the corner with their second jaws. that i hopw i fell why they didnt use their claws too much.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
THE HIVE CANNOT BE STOPPED. SO ALL TREMBLE IN FEAR FOR THE HIVE IS SUPERIOR