How do the Aliens hunt?

OTANG, Yautja, 18 years ago

i wondered how aliens sense prey, how they see. i havent seen any eyes. would they have some kind of internal radar emmitted from that large cranium? i think that would make the most sense.

Unknown, Yautja, 18 years ago

a combination of senses, like a snake, some possibly indescribable, that's my take on it.

Topdogg, Yautja, 18 years ago

IF U HAVE EVERY SEEN DARE DEVIL (I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SILLY) BUT I WOULD PRESUME THERE VISION WOULD BE SEEN LIKE HE DID WITH SENDING THE SIGNALS TO THERE SUROUNDINGS GIVING A PICTURE OF WHAT AROUND THEM ELECTRIC WISE

topdogg2.jpg

donut, Yautja, 18 years ago

ah ok, dankes :3

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

Not stupid at all mate, These are some of the things i even question, it's all a matter of how much research the individual wants to go through to collect the most viable facts and then formulate their own opinion. I hope that made sense - i've only just woke up.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

solo_pred, Yautja, 18 years ago

you have a point TD maby they use sounds or movements are (dont know how to say this) things that help them to see.

Balatu will slater evrey bit of life you have out of you.
The Gods of Death are alwas wathcing.
so die

predalien_64, Yautja, 18 years ago

They see kind of like the lickers (monster with long tongs)in Resident Evil: Apocalypse if you seen the movie

Note: not the same but close

The Best Of Both Nightmares

nicholaskang, Yautja, 18 years ago

i dunno bout dis coz the game is sometimes considered canon (which i agree wif) but in alien3 the runner c's d humans like it is a human...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

FrozenAlien, Yautja, 18 years ago

runners and lower rank aliens(i think) can see as humans and the lickers in resident evil:A.

but they dont really hunt

if ur refering to how they stalk their prey to bring to the hive as hosts than they act like Yautja and lions at the same time except that they can climb on any surface( except water )

and they stalk their prey.. then jump you to bring to the hive

i dunno in every movie i see them do this except in alien resurrection where they just hide in holes or hide behind them

-----------------------------------------
WHOEVER WINS....WE LOSE....
- AVP,Alien Vs. Predator
Yay Another Female On the Site
www.planetavp.com

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

To TD: Yeah but I thougth that Daredevil sees by the air vibration caused by sounds around him. If you could see, a louder noise will disrupt his vision because of the greater or many more vibrations through the air. Sorry for going off topic here.

So maybe they can't see in colors but like I asked, do you guys think they could see something like writings on a wall?

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

if it is bio electric impluses, they may sense other life forms like sharks do underwater. another question to take into consideration is, how do the electric wirings and conduits they like to hide in, NOT seem to affect them. it could be a hybrid sensing method that allows them to sense lifeforms from distances while also being able to distinguish where such things as walls and other obsticles are located. u cant forget that somehow they are able to sense light conditions because in the movies they seem to know how to hide and ambush. maybe they're skins allows them to sense light conditions, seems reasonable.

TDN, Yautja, 18 years ago

Yeah I guess the comics and the books along with the games kind of go more into the idea that the Xenos are like insect(which I do not agree), hence the use of Pheromones.

Okay here's a question, if that's how they see, by electrical impulses, then could they see things such as writings on a wall? And how would their vision look like? Surely that couldn't have given them the ability to see in colors. Just some questions I wanted to know. Excuse them if they sound stupid.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

daveberg, Yautja, 18 years ago

Bio-electrical impulses are recieved into large receptors in the alien brain giving it a clear 'description' if you will, of it's surroundings.

If you prefer to follow the games and comics (yuck) you can go with the theory of th aliens reacting to pheremones.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Quinn, Yautja, 18 years ago

some sorta pheremones of telpathic stuff just speculatin tho

"This time the B!tch Is Back