AVP2 movie-connections or no connections?

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Okay, so we've already seen what most of us want of the new AVP movie, but here are 2 questions about the connections made between AVP2 and the other Alien and Predator movies:
1)Should it try to make any connections with either the Alien or Predator series or both? What kind of timeline (setting) would be best for this?
2)Since AVP is considered the worst (or one of the worst) in the AVP universe, and some people accept it as a separate movie, should the new movie try to make connections to this movie, even though its story seems out of place?
What do you guys think?

unitedstatescoonialmarinelarge.jpg

daveberg, Human, 18 years ago

The story doesn't have to involve Ripley (And it wont seeing as she was pretty much disgraced by AVP - go find the interviews, you'll see what i mean.)

At the end of the special edition of alien resurrection, the Surface of the planet Earth appeared to be in complete tatters - who's to say that while they were cloning Ripley in deep space they didn't have a backup lab making the same clandestine experiments which coincidently went wrong, but this time, on a much larger scale - Earth invasion.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

I think they should forget the timline after the 'lex' incident and base around events that have unfolded since Ripleys return to earth at the end of alien resurrection.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

scar774, Human, 18 years ago

seing as how avp is sorta left out i would make avp 2 like a sequal to it because nobody knows if lex made it back to the ship or got shreeded by wolverines or found a guy that the preds didn't kill. i personally think it shoud take place in pompie. pred bomb blows. vacanoe erupts. city is covered. aerchealogists find surviving eggs. predalien makes pred ship crash land at the ruins. there you go.

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/999062/Scar774-finished.jpg

scar774, Human, 18 years ago

ripleys story on earth, i think, wasnt ment for preds to be involved. maybe an alien attack or with a big strech a space jockey invasion but i don't think predators would be as good in the futere because humeem to much like preds.

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/999062/Scar774-finished.jpg

Weyland had record of the first initial contact with both species from Lex directly after the incident in antartica so the company know that both species survive, what's to say in some shape or form the company had managed to get their hands on a predator - i know it doesn't sound particularly plausable and i can't be bothered to go into detail right now as it's late and i have to be up for work, but i'll try and expand on this tomorrow if i have time.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Ancienthunter, Human, 18 years ago

some how it would be cool to combined like AVP2 comboned in the End like im sure Predator 3 will be the Last sequal to Predator franchise maybe and Aliens have another After 5 which will be 6 and yet in a way some how in the movies they meet but yet bearly miss each other and in AVP2 finaly meet ina place to go all out at each other anybody seee wat i mean

Pred.jpg

TDN, Human, 18 years ago

Well the problem with that is how exactly do you connect it with the Predators. I mean, how do you bring them into the fight because they can't just randomly come. You'll have to give it a backstory, and hopefully one better than the one in AVP.
And if it was set in that time, what kind of tech would the Preds use? Surely they're not going to use stuff they've been using since 2004(AVP).

unitedstatescoonialmarinelarge.jpg

Topdogg, Human, 18 years ago

no way in hell should they, the preds in the first two movies had FA to do with the alien as they were seprate preds hunting on earth ground for soft meat same for aliens movies folm was set way in the future and would make any sense to each other

topdogg2.jpg

Crpl_Hicks, Human, 18 years ago

WELL, I liked AVP and think that conections would be fine. After all, I think that happens in one of the AVP comics. Weyland forgets and another battle happens, or something like that.

hicksani.gif

The comics have nothing to do with the movies - they are completely seperate entities.

boneship.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron